MLS Cup Playoffs - December 5 - Philadelphia (Away)

This article states there were only 9 players in training on friday for the union. The list of players in the delco article had 5 players and "homegrowns", which could possibly make up the last 4.

this twitter thread from a philly inquirer sports reporter claims to have seen findlay, elliot and martinez in the training video. lol. along with the other 5 in the delco article, that's 8. so homegrowns numbered 1? someone has incorrect information. guess this will be a last minute reveal!

This is probably going to be the weirdest eastern conf final. philly potentially missing half their team. us missing 3-4 of our best players. ted fucking unkel probably calling the game to piss off everyone and become the biggest talking point after the final whistle.

TR email went out. Lots J and A are close by (so don’t worry if you already bought a parking pass in Lot J; Lot A is just cheaper)

Drivers
Park in Lot A, see map, and it will cost $32. Cash is accepted. Prepaid parking is available but not at our lot. Lots open 5 hours before the match. The TR bus will arrive around noon.

Tailgate
Absolutely. By the Boat Launch (I personally have no idea where this is, but probably by the river). Adult beverages will be served to those over the age of 21. There will be some food courtesy of NYCFC. Thanks, NYCFC!

Think I'm going to purchase a ticket this morning but will be traveling solo. I'd love to meet up with some forum members in the lot for a beer or two. Everyone going to lot J?
I unfortunately will be in section 113 but I’ll park in lot J and hopefully meet some of y’all.

Honestly, if Philly is missing all these guys -- we have to win this game. No excuses. If they really are missing half their team, and many of their best players, there is absolutely no excuse. We're all elated with Tuesday, but if we lose to a bunch of scrubs and youth players, it would be an embarrassment. I think, if this news is true and half their team is out, the pressure just went squarely on NYCFC.

That's six starters, and their top 2 goalies? Wow.

I feel for Philly fans, because this truly sucks. I can't even imagine what this place would be like if this happened to us. That being said, we have to take advantage of this. These are some absolutely key players for them. No excuses tomorrow. We have to win this game, I don't care that Taty is out.

Last edited:
That's six starters, and their top 2 goalies? Wow.

I feel for Philly fans, because this truly sucks. I can't even imagine what this place would be like if this happened to us. That being said, we have to take advantage of this. These are some absolutely key players for them. No excuses tomorrow. We have to win this game, I don't care that Taty is out.
Wow.
I agree. We have to win, and I'd like to see a very professional win. You can't always do this even against an undermatched opponent, but get ahead, score a few goals early and manage the game. I also expect to see some class and restraint should we win the way we should. I think our guys would do that.

Wow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shwafta and Kjbert
This reminds me of our CCL game last December when we lost a bunch of guys -- including Sean and Stuver -- and were forced to have Luis Barraza between the sticks in front of an undermanned team. Tigres rightly rolled us, and frankly, with Philly missing both of their centerbacks and a fullback, there's no reason we can't do the same.

They will have their attacking group together and most of their midfield aside from Bedoya, so they won't be a complete pushover. But we need to run at their makeshift backline all game.

Reactions: Kjbert
These have to be positive tests if they ruled them out entirely. I agree, the game becomes a must win. Any other result is a disappointment. Stark contrast to 24 hours ago when we were the undermanned team possibly lacking key pieces.

Wow.
I agree. We have to win, and I'd like to see a very professional win. You can't always do this even against an undermatched opponent, but get ahead early and manage the game. I also expect to see some class and restraint should we win the way we should. I think our guys would do that.

Wow.

In the spirit of restraint maybe it's not such a bad thing that Tatys out. I'm not sure he's capable of not charging at their 3rd string goalie at every opportunity, that's why we love him but maybe not ideal in this situation.

Wow. I think I would potentially put Heber out their against a disorganized back line based on how many minutes he can play. Might be easier to pull them out of shape.

I think this just means current status of the players. they should be getting tested today and if they have a negative test, they should be able to play. However, if they've already had TWO positive tests, then they are done.

crazy. really sucks for the players. don't know how they all got exposed like that, but I can't even imagine the emotions they're going through. work so hard for the big show and then you can't even play.

that being said, if we don't win tomorrow, that's an embarrassment.

Really rooting for RSL today now...

-- reading tweets.. union fans want the game postponed. i wonder if they'd feel the same if it had happened to us? i think not.

Last edited:
I think this just means current status of the players. they should be getting tested today and if they have a negative test, they should be able to play. However, if they've already had TWO positive tests, then they are done.

crazy. really sucks for the players. don't know how they all got exposed like that, but I can't even imagine the emotions they're going through. work so hard for the big show and then you can't even play.

that being said, if we don't win tomorrow, that's an embarrassment.

Really rooting for RSL today now...

-- reading tweets.. union fans want the game postponed. i wonder if they'd feel the same if it had happened to us? i think not.

I'll offer them a trade: They can delay the game, but Taty Castellanos becomes available for the rescheduled match.