MLS is Back Tournament - 2020

how is higuain at 35 and after a torn ACL injury playing with more speed, agility, and tenacity than our maxi? sigh..

good on DC for coming back with 10 men against a strong TFC squad.

how is higuain at 35 and after a torn ACL injury playing with more speed, agility, and tenacity than our maxi? sigh..

good on DC for coming back with 10 men against a strong TFC squad.

im still of the belief our physios and doctors are not the greatest. we have had injuries across the board over the years so many times sometimes out of nothing and take forever to come back

im still of the belief our physios and doctors are not the greatest. we have had injuries across the board over the years so many times sometimes out of nothing and take forever to come back

Connor Brandt | MLSsoccer.com

Reactions: Kjbert

I'm not a medical expert, but surely it's not as straightforward to say that because we've had injuries (have we had statistically more than other teams?) then it must mean our medical team is crappy? Surely it can't be a linear graph with quality of physios on one axis, and number of player days injured on another?

I'm not a medical expert, but surely it's not as straightforward to say that because we've had injuries (have we had statistically more than other teams?) then it must mean our medical team is crappy? Surely it can't be a linear graph with quality of physios on one axis, and number of player days injured on another?
Nah, you pay more money for a guy and he uses his magic powers to make sure the players don't get injured while playing!

i dont know if we have more than others, but we have had wide range of them and some take a while to come back. lampard was on and off alot, villa had his brief spells. Maxi as well, Isi was injured almost all last year. heber was out at the end of the year last year. mata gets injured alot although he did have one bad injury IIRC and has his reputation of being made of "glass".

thats what i remember of the top of my head. i dont recall many major starters of other teams being out alot unless it was a bad injury and these seem like nagging injuries that for some reason take longer for them to come back. so its either that or we just recruit a bunch of players that just cant hang for long seasons.

oh and Connor Brandt got misdiagnosed and now has no career.

Reactions: adam
i dont know if we have more than others, but we have had wide range of them and some take a while to come back. lampard was on and off alot, villa had his brief spells. Maxi as well, Isi was injured almost all last year. heber was out at the end of the year last year. mata gets injured alot although he did have one bad injury IIRC and has his reputation of being made of "glass".

thats what i remember of the top of my head. i dont recall many major starters of other teams being out alot unless it was a bad injury and these seem like nagging injuries that for some reason take longer for them to come back. so its either that or we just recruit a bunch of players that just cant hang for long seasons.

oh and Connor Brandt got misdiagnosed and now has no career.

So presumably Mata could play for another team and automatically suffer fewer injuries because they have a better medical staff?

I just don't buy it. Tons of players on other teams get injured. We just don't notice as much because....we don't support those teams. It seems to me like all medical staffs have a thankless task where they get blamed when things go wrong, and completely unnoticed when things go right. In reality there's only so much they can do to control any situation. The Connor Brandt thing (which I can barely remember) is the only example I've ever heard of an out and out conflict between a player and medical staff. The rest is just the kind of injuries you'd expect from any professional sports team.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
So presumably Mata could play for another team and automatically suffer fewer injuries because they have a better medical staff?

I just don't buy it. Tons of players on other teams get injured. We just don't notice as much because....we don't support those teams. It seems to me like all medical staffs have a thankless task where they get blamed when things go wrong, and completely unnoticed when things go right. In reality there's only so much they can do to control any situation. The Connor Brandt thing (which I can barely remember) is the only example I've ever heard of an out and out conflict between a player and medical staff. The rest is just the kind of injuries you'd expect from any professional sports team.
Josef Martinez got injured like three times in the past few years, and now this one's long-term. Must mean that Atlanta's medical team sucks. (Plus they had a lot of players out last season) <- I think that's what you're trying to say doesn't make sense, and I agree 100%. Medical staff helps, but the human body is still the human body.

Reactions: ManhattanValley

for mata well find out when he leaves i dont know His alajuelense days. As for the rest you culd be right but wont know unless im checking every injury update for two years as a sample.

till that info is shown to me ill still hold the opinion they suck and roll my eyes whenever a “knock” takes five weeks Or more to recover. As for connor brandt thats all you need to have doubt of the medical staff’s techniques and diagnosis.

For some reason I can't find it now, but didn't a former player just file a major lawsuit against his ex team for medical negligence a couple weeks ago?

Edit: Jake Gleeson is suing the Timbers.

I wonder what the physios, at NYCFC or at any teams, can do when they are facing the possible long-term consequences of covid. Doctors keep saying that the virus can have effects that we don't know yet. And obviously a few players have been infected in most teams. Those effects are not only about lungs, and it's possible that some playing careers will be affected by the virus.

I wonder what the physios, at NYCFC or at any teams, can do when they are facing the possible long-term consequences of covid. Doctors keep saying that the virus can have effects that we don't know yet. And obviously a few players have been infected in most teams. Those effects are not only about lungs, and it's possible that some playing careers will be affected by the virus.

i dont think much can be done sadly. of course the easiest solution was not to play this tournament but MLS still wanted (or TV stations pushed for it) and then the lockout threat happened and CBA was not ratified earlier all kinda pushed this to happen.

Reactions: Annagram
I realize the issues at the start of the tournament, but only in MLS could they have a group stage where one team has played two games and another team has played none. That's so MLS.
LOL that's not even what I noticed here; I was looking at the fact that Chicago should be placed #1 but are #3 in their standings for some reason LOL