MLS - July 3 - Atlanta (Home)

Martins and Parks OUT

Chanot and Taty QUESTIONABLE.

We could be seeing a similar lineup to last game...

I won't be able to make this game, it's my grandparent's 50th anniversary on sunday, but I hope for y ou all that it'll be a fun game :)

...I don't have to remind you all about THAT home game against atlanta...

Reactions: moogoo and Vallos
STH tip. If anyone is sitting on a bunch of credits, a week before match day pitchside tickets come available. Just nabbed 2 for Sunday.

LionNYC LionNYC any tips for making the most of pitchside (for a guy who has only ever sat with the riffraff)?

I’ve been trying to use credit to buy pitchside the entire season and haven’t seen them available, even emailed my rep to help and she was useless. This is the type of inside info that would have been very helpful and of course it doesn’t come from the club.

I’ve been trying to use credit to buy pitchside the entire season and haven’t seen them available, even emailed my rep to help and she was useless. This is the type of inside info that would have been very helpful and of course it doesn’t come from the club.
Additional detail - I've never seen more than one seat available online. My rep found these while I was on the phone with her. I have no idea if I would have seen the same on the website.

Additional detail - I've never seen more than one seat available online. My rep found these while I was on the phone with her. I have no idea if I would have seen the same on the website.
I called my rep yesterday. She said the pitchside seats are basically all sold for the remainder of the season but they often have folks who change seats, move location because they need extras, cancel them for various reasons, etc. I asked for the Inter Miami match figuring that's where I'd have the best odds. She said that a week before matchday they see where they stand and that she'd contact me then with what's available. She also said the $400-and-change credit I have would more than cover the cost of one pitchside seat.

I called my rep yesterday. She said the pitchside seats are basically all sold for the remainder of the season but they often have folks who change seats, move location because they need extras, cancel them for various reasons, etc. I asked for the Inter Miami match figuring that's where I'd have the best odds. She said that a week before matchday they see where they stand and that she'd contact me then with what's available. She also said the $400-and-change credit I have would more than cover the cost of one pitchside seat.
Yes, PS is definitely fully sold out. However unfortunately I don’t even think some of the PS folks realize they can return seats for credits or don’t care (for example some of the corporate seats). So seats are empty on game day which is too bad because they could have been used well. I do think they hold a few back too for VIP requests that they may release a week before.

Everything correct on the team email, hopefully that means back to winning ways.

Guys.. I saw the email and realized why we've been giving up so many goals lately --- dude wipes. they grew tired of donating all that money for all those shutouts and so they've been paying off the refs and sending microscopic nanobots into our player's bodies to make them under perform on defense. that's gotta be it.

Guys.. I saw the email and realized why we've been giving up so many goals lately --- dude wipes. they grew tired of donating all that money for all those shutouts and so they've been paying off the refs and sending microscopic nanobots into our player's bodies to make them under perform on defense. that's gotta be it.

giphy.gif

M moogoo currently at home.

Disappointing. We were too sloppy in the final third and too loose in the back.

Chanot - less praying, more defending.

Sucks because I had a great Bronx day - got some lechón, pulpo and arroz con gandules at Lechónera La Piraña on E. 152nd Street. Best lechón I have ever had.

Attachments

• 20220703_135836.jpg
    20220703_135836.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220703_152304.jpg
    20220703_152304.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 20220703_152852.jpg
    20220703_152852.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
Just got home. Not having seen the recording yet, my impression from the stadium is that we should have been up 6-1 at the half, which would have made the final score 7-2. Which I would have been OK with. I could be totally wrong though. Which I'd also be OK with. Not even sure I'll watch the recording of the game.

Leaving the stadium looking up at the big screen the look on Cushing’s face said it all… Within a minute of the thought “ can they close this game out”, Atlanta scored their second. The inevitability of the first goal also felt palpable. There seems to be this intangible element with the club right now that is keeping them from playing a complete game.
They are to good to not be winning today’s match. Really felt like it was them giving up the W rather than Atlanta earning the Draw.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Disappointing. We were too sloppy in the final third and too loose in the back.

Chanot - less praying, more defending.

Sucks because I had a great Bronx day - got some lechón, pulpo and arroz con gandules at Lechónera La Piraña on E. 152nd Street. Best lechón I have ever had.

I love NYCFC but if someone offered me the choice between a win today or a draw plus that delicious-looking meal, it would be a tough choice. Looks amazing.

Reactions: Kenny
Midway through the second half the team went passive, pressing less, and inviting the Atlanta attack. That led to the equalizer (even if the immediate cause was the Callens slip and fall).

The passivity was either strategic or tired legs after a long two weeks. Hppefully, the latter and not the former. We have learned to be patient with managers, but this is the second game in a row where it seemed that the team bunkered with a one goal lead. That has never seemed to work for this club, regardless of manager.