Mls Stadium Construction Update - 1/13/15

NYCFCFan10

Registered
Mar 23, 2014
Atlanta:

Up and running in the ATL, not many clubs start in perhaps the most impressive stadium in the world. 360 degree video board. That far support beam is also giant video screens. Its insane.

new-atlanta-stadium-video.png

6Lp8nfC.jpg

South-Champions-Lounge-10-01-14.jpg

Owners-Club-10-01-14.jpg

South-Champions-Lounge-10.01.14.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert
Orlando:

Orlando's temporary stadium has just completed its renovations and is ready to host the newly arriving Orlando City (and us for our first ever regular season game!) before they head off to their own new stadium next year:

14_OCB_Slideshow.jpg

an older picture from the summer but a nice one
os-orlando-jacksonville-miami-all-hope-to-host-college-football-playoff-title-game-20140907

original.JPG

Last edited:
I honestly think that the Atlanta stadium is pretty terrible. Is that scoreboard really that effective? Seems a little high. I'd rather just have one hanging in the middle like a hockey arena. The "Champions" lounge is funny as well. The view is from field level, but right behind the bench of the football team so you can't see a damn thing haha

What will the capacity for OCSC be?

And the Quakes stadium looks awesome. Maybe not as big and fancy as some, but it's beautifully detailed and is LONG overdo for Quakes fans (Buckshaw is the absolute worst). Can not wait to catch a game there when I visit home in the summer time.

Reactions: Gene and NYCFCFan10
Yeah, I don't like what the ATL exterior has devolved to but the interior is still incredible.

Yes, I know its turf but it'll at least be brand new turf.

Citrus Bowl really looked like grass in pictures, are we sure its turf?

A little off topic, but Atlanta just sent a survey to deposit holders, looks like they are trying to see if their fans want a traditional name Toronto FC or DC United and so forth or a more Americanized name Seattle Sounders or Portland Timbers. It also asked what type of game day experience should be at the stadium a EPL style, La Liga Style, Traditional American style or some sort of merger of them all.

I honestly think that the Atlanta stadium is pretty terrible. Is that scoreboard really that effective? Seems a little high. I'd rather just have one hanging in the middle like a hockey arena. The "Champions" lounge is funny as well. The view is from field level, but right behind the bench of the football team so you can't see a damn thing haha

What will the capacity for OCSC be?

And the Quakes stadium looks awesome. Maybe not as big and fancy as some, but it's beautifully detailed and is LONG overdo for Quakes fans (Buckshaw is the absolute worst). Can not wait to catch a game there when I visit home in the summer time.

I would take any of them. That atlanta stadium is sweet.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99 and Kjbert
I honestly think that the Atlanta stadium is pretty terrible. Is that scoreboard really that effective? Seems a little high . . .

They call it a HALO BOARD. And yes, it seems strange to be put that high, but who knows how they'll utilize it.

• 360-DEGREE HD VIDEO HALO BOARD: The first of its kind – a true game changer. At nearly five-stories (58 ft.) tall and eleven hundred linear feet in diameter, the new stadium’s 360-degree HD video halo board will not only be the largest video board in the NFL, but in the world. Every seat holder experiencing a game or stadium event live will enjoy unique camera views and exclusive digital content that promises to enhance the in-seat experience on event days. The board hangs from the circumference of the roof opening, allowing use with the roof open or closed.
http://newstadium.atlantafalcons.com/overview/

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
I actually think the Atlanta stadium is very nice, and it's cool what they're doing with the fan surveys.

Would be happy with any of those new stadiums to be honest.

Yeah, I don't like what the ATL exterior has devolved to but the interior is still incredible.

Yes, I know its turf but it'll at least be brand new turf.

Citrus Bowl really looked like grass in pictures, are we sure its turf?
Yes we are sure:

The Citrus Bowl's field used to be called the "Mud Bowl" from all of the rain. So, the grass has been replaced with an artificial turf that is cleaner and safer.

But even though the turf's artificial, it still has to be watered. That's so the rubber soil can stay packed into the ground.
http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...cles/cfn/2014/11/19/orlando_citrus_bowl_.html

A little off topic, but Atlanta just sent a survey to deposit holders, looks like they are trying to see if their fans want a traditional name Toronto FC or DC United and so forth or a more Americanized name Seattle Sounders or Portland Timbers. It also asked what type of game day experience should be at the stadium a EPL style, La Liga Style, Traditional American style or some sort of merger of them all.
Was the survey from ATL or Terminus Legion? I know TL was sending one out.

Though we could argue that the two are the same entity.

Was the survey from ATL or Terminus Legion? I know TL was sending one out.

Though we could argue that the two are the same entity.
Aren't TL as independent as TR or other supporters groups? Pretty sure they were around well before Blank and Falcons got involved. Or are you saying they are sellouts, like the Sons of Ben are now? Just a division in the PR/ticketing department.

Aren't TL as independent as TR or other supporters groups? Pretty sure they were around well before Blank and Falcons got involved. Or are you saying they are sellouts, like the Sons of Ben are now? Just a division in the PR/ticketing department.
TL was started as a marketing project by a marketing firm. They existed prior to ATL announcement but not long before.

TL was started as a marketing project by a marketing firm. They existed prior to ATL announcement but not long before.
By marketing firm, you mean the founders work for a marketing company? I am pretty sure their founding was pretty legit with no ties to any pro soccer movement, not Blank not the Silverbacks.