MLS Week 22

First, RB Litezig is the most punchable looking bunch of asshats this side of Old Trafford.

Secondly, I actually don't feel bad for their players when they go down on a rough challenge, given how they play.

Finally, I didn't think either was a penalty because I don't think their players were going for the ball, but rather running for contact.

Bonus point: Alfred E. Marsch deserves a ***** punch in the worst way.

Alfred_E._Neumann.jpg

jesse1.jpg

I went back and checked. They did show a replay not quite a minuet later. He was definitely not called offside. You can see the ref in the replay and the flag is down. Also I think he was onsides. But I thought the keeper might have gotten to the ball first, even though apparently everyone disagrees with me on that and thinks it's a foul.

I was mainly reacting to Lalas' statement that it was a penalty, but after watching the replay below, I think it wasn't as Rowe got to the ball first. Second incident with Rowe was a penalty, I think, which only means the blown penalty calls were even.

I never want anyone to get hurt (speedy recoveries guys, especially the one on RBII who had a freaking stroke at 24 wtf), but it's hilarious to me how much RB can dish it out but can't take it. They play so physically (seriously, the one game we've beat them I think had as much to do with the ref calling things pretty tightly as anything else), but whine constantly that everyone else is getting away with something. Their whole MO is to play chippy until the other team gets mad and then take advantage of that - It's Dax's bread and butter to get under other people's skin. Can you imagine how much they'd bitch if they had Toledo as a ref every game, calling everything tight for both sides?

In this one, they got screwed by a team willing to play more physical than they are, and I'm 100% ok with that. Sucks that there were so many injuries on top of it though.

I never want anyone to get hurt (speedy recoveries guys, especially the one on RBII who had a freaking stroke at 24 wtf), but it's hilarious to me how much RB can dish it out but can't take it. They play so physically (seriously, the one game we've beat them I think had as much to do with the ref calling things pretty tightly as anything else), but whine constantly that everyone else is getting away with something. Their whole MO is to play chippy until the other team gets mad and then take advantage of that - It's Dax's bread and butter to get under other people's skin. Can you imagine how much they'd bitch if they had Toledo as a ref every game, calling everything tight for both sides?

In this one, they got screwed by a team willing to play more physical than they are, and I'm 100% ok with that. Sucks that there were so many injuries on top of it though.
Agree with everything except that any player that dishes it out should expect to receive the same, and if an injury results then they had it coming as a result of their style of play. The game can easily be played physically but with etiquette and by the rules. RB burned the concept of etiquette the same day the whiny twit was hired.

Actually, now that I stop and think about it, this was almost the best possible outcome for a game like this, with the exception of an LA win... RB miss out on points and everyone gets to hate on LA for being the golden children some more.

Reactions: Ulrich