MLS Week 22

Couple of NJ guys hurt - maybe badly. Perinelle and Lade. Sucks to see guys get hurt, but Marsch has been yapping like a little dog.

Interesting watching LA break the NJ press. For one thing, they get moving quickly and don't give NJ time to set up their press. We are more deliberate.
By deliberate, do you mean Saunders is too slow figuring out who to kick to?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
By deliberate, do you mean Saunders is too slow figuring out who to kick to?

Partly Saunders - I would like to see him throw out (not necessarily kick) more quickly. But it's really the whole team. Even if it's a turnover in the back or if Saunders gets it out quickly, we really take our time. LA has kept NJ on their heels by not letting them set up.

Now BWP is down and asking off. Not sure how Marsch will spin this against the refs given that nobody touched him, but I have confidence he will find a way.

Couple of NJ guys hurt - maybe badly. Perinelle and Lade. Sucks to see guys get hurt, but Marsch has been yapping like a little dog.

Interesting watching LA break the NJ press. For one thing, they get moving quickly and don't give NJ time to set up their press. We are more deliberate.

BWP also goes down in the 46'. Two penalty shouts for Red Bulls that go unanswered. Marsch subsequently ejected (2ng time this year). Ashley Cole scores to tie the game in the 83'.

Fuck the Red Bulls.

Unbelievable how this game has gone. Three missed penalties. Marsch finally gets his due.

LA gets two back - both on missed clearances by New Jersey.
I missed one. I saw the very early one LA should have had that we discussed earlier, and the late one that NYRB should have gotten late. Who should have gotten the benefit of the tie-breaker?

Unbelievable how this game has gone. Three missed penalties. Marsch finally gets his due.

LA gets two back - both on missed clearances by New Jersey.
It was well worth staying up for.

Still a good result for RB Leipzig Lite. But they had 3 points in the bag. Can't wait to hear how much whining Marsch will do in the postgame conference after getting tossed.

Reactions: JayH
Interesting comments from Lalas late that perhaps Marsch's antics worked against him in this one. New Jersey had gotten the bulk of the calls most of the way, but Marsch was all over the refs. Then a couple big ones went the other way. Coincidence?

Reactions: RockShrimp
I missed one. I saw the very early one LA should have had that we discussed earlier, and the late one that NJRB should have gotten late. Who should have gotten the benefit of the tie-breaker?

There was a second one a little earlier than the one NJRB should have gotten that was much the same. Goalie came off his line and took out the attacker. Didn't get a good look at that one, as I was feeding the baby, but Lalas thought it was a foul.

Reactions: mgarbowski
There was a second one a little earlier than the one NJRB should have gotten that was much the same. Goalie came off his line and took out the attacker. Didn't get a good look at that one, as I was feeding the baby, but Lalas thought it was a foul.
That looked clearly offsides. But of course FS1 never shows a replay. That's my guess as to why no PK was called - play had stopped

Reactions: mgarbowski
first one more so than the last one but still probably a penalty. rowe should have come off his line for the second one a lot quicker

That looked clearly offsides. But of course FS1 never shows a replay. That's my guess as to why no PK was called - play had stopped
I went back and checked. They did show a replay not quite a minuet later. He was definitely not called offside. You can see the ref in the replay and the flag is down. Also I think he was onsides. But I thought the keeper might have gotten to the ball first, even though apparently everyone disagrees with me on that and thinks it's a foul.