MLS Week 22

In light of the fact he netted a 3rd one in the 76' minute, why not?

Great for us Fantasy players; not so much in real life.........

Montreal and Toronto both win. Bad for us. Philadelphia ties. Okay for us.

And Giovinco is going to win the Golden Boot and MVP award (sorry Villa, but it's going to happen. Giovinco is the most valuable player to Toronto and MLS in general).

But hey, Frank Lampard for Most Improved Player and Vieira for Coach of the Year.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoupInNYC
Portland and SKC each playing with 10 men, which could make for some wide open play. But the downside of conference play is I find it hard to get interested in #5 playing #7 in the West even though it could end up deciding a playoff spot come season end.
Later on Orlando hosts Seattle and the Lions are far enough behind us that I might root for them because I don't want the East/West disparity to be completely embarrassing. But the Galaxy should beat the Red Bulls.

Portland and SKC each playing with 10 men, which could make for some wide open play. But the downside of conference play is I find it hard to get interested in #5 playing #7 in the West even though it could end up deciding a playoff spot come season end.
Later on Orlando hosts Seattle and the Lions are far enough behind us that I might root for them because I don't want the East/West disparity to be completely embarrassing. But the Galaxy should beat the Red Bulls.
I'd like a tie bet RB and LA. Hurts both.

Reactions: RockShrimp
Is Portland the worst Cup defender in the history of the league? They're just not good this year.

DCU won the cup in 1999 and finished last with 0.94 PPG in 2000. I stopped checking after that.
So DC was the outlier and Portland statistically is the worse?

And RB Leipzig lite already having to make two injury subs in the first 30 minutes. Perrinelle went down with an ankle injury and now Connor Lade with a knee injury.

Marsch was signalling for a red card on the tackle on Perrinelle, which he has no argument. It was a foul, but not even a yellow. Broadcasters in agreement there as well.

Connor Lade looked like a non-contact knee injury.

Reactions: RockShrimp
And Marsch is continuing to cry about the Red Bulls not getting fouls committed on them being called.
If there is one coach that deserves to have a ball cleared from danger and haphazardly kicked point blank off his head, it's him.

And RB Leipzig lite already having to make two injury subs in the first 30 minutes. Perrinelle went down with an ankle injury and now Connor Lade with a knee injury.

Marsch was signalling for a red card on the tackle on Perrinelle, which he has no argument. It was a foul, but not even a yellow. Broadcasters in agreement there as well.

Connor Lade looked like a non-contact knee injury.
Karma's a bitch and RB is transforming into a MASH unit. Without Dax, perrinelle, and Lade, can they fully implode the last 10 games an miss the playoffs???

Couple of NJ guys hurt - maybe badly. Perinelle and Lade. Sucks to see guys get hurt, but Marsch has been yapping like a little dog.

Interesting watching LA break the NJ press. For one thing, they get moving quickly and don't give NJ time to set up their press. We are more deliberate.

Reactions: Schwallacus