Montreal Postmatch

This team is a mess! The Jeb Bush of MLS, we were supposed to have the pedigree and money of CFG to come in and compete.
This is your attempt to make some us physically ill being labeled as such???

I understand the gist of your point, but supporting a team being compared to that imbecile is tough to swallow.

Drogba is listed at 6'2". Brillant looked at least 3" shorter and he towered over Hernandez. No way Hernandez is anywhere near the 6' here's listed at. Could explain why we never get headers and have to run gimmick set pieces.
Hernandez is 5'-10" in the media guide, which means he's actually 5'-9" He has absolutely no business being a CB in any league.

Separate note - it took Brillant a few games to get comfortable, but he's adapted very well and his partnership with RJ was great last night.

- Mike Piazza was in attendance tonight. As he walked to his seats I said, "Hey Mike, wrong stadium." He smiled. Also some Jets or Knicks players too, though I don't know who they were.
- I think the hat trick saying is a curse. I told Villa today to score a hat trick, he laughed. He didn't get a single goal. Also gave Mata a high five.
- Midas Mulligan or someone from the Batter's Eye crew spotted me wearing my new Johansen jersey (#StartEirik) and screamed out "Lion, tell Patrick to take out Lopez." A non-regular in the section shouted back "I agree with you." To whoever that was, I watched the replay and Lopez looked like he deserved a red but I'm fighting to have Johansen starting. That's what I'm committing to telling Vieira every minute of every game. I can't fight multiple battles.
- RJ owned tonight. A great goal and well deserved. Good footwork throughout the match.
- The Yankee Stadium lights after the goal was amaze-balls.
- Saunders, you're a goalie. You run into that ball, punch it, save us two points and get a damn concussion. Also, Saunders, if you could get a red card that would be really helpful.
- It's hard to root for this team. It's hard coming to the stadium and being optimistic about gameday and see shit happen that gives me all the wrong feels.

- Pitchside Moment of the Game: After the Donadel challenge on RJ, the ref plays advantage for NYCFC. After the ball goes out, he comes back over to the site of the foul where RJ and Donadel are on the ground. I'm yelling, "Give him a yellow! Give him a yellow." No response. Then I get out my MetroCard and scream "Hey REF!" and hold up the MetroCard (it was actually lime green for some reason, I don't know what the MTA is doing). He sees me. I know he sees me. He takes it out of his pocket and eventually shows Donadel the card.

- NYCFCfan NYCFCfan noted that Vieira may want to blow up the roster after the end of the season. I agree and said this last game, it's time for the nuclear option. Anyone over $100K deserves to be on the line to be cut.
I think the only good things that come out of our games now are your Pitchside reports lol

Reactions: LionNYC and Ulrich
It was more dead in the supporters section than usual. Related: the drums the templados use were in a pile at the top of the bleachers all game. Anyone one know what was up with that?

Probably a "protest" of their besmirched honor post-Philly. :rolleyes:

Y'know, in the light of day I actually feel kinda better about the game. Outside of the pointless first half and the awful ending, we had some reasons for optimism.

This is your attempt to make some us physically ill being labeled as such???

I understand the gist of your point, but supporting a team being compared to that imbecile is tough to swallow.
We're bad. We need to recognize it if we want to change it.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
We're bad. We need to recognize it if we want to change it.
There are bright spots - last night we dominated a team that was supposed to wipe the floor with us, and this was with a suspect midfield. The defense actually contained two of the most prolific players all night.

However we simply cannot score unless we take 18 shots, and our GK is so bad he saved only 1 of 2 shots on goal, and we cannot defend to connect on set pieces. I'm not ready to press the Red Button for the nuclear option on the roster, because we haven't done the one thing that will likely have the greatest effect, which is benching an absolutely awful GK that has done nothing to help the team.

For all of those asking about the lights... Yankees installed LED lights this year and they do all sorts of wacky things. Not a Yankees fan so I'm not sure how they use the lights, but I do know the Mariners installed them as well and use them for HR celebrations and when they win. Seems to be the trend in a lot of baseball stadiums actually...

As for the game? Thought we played well tonight. Had chances, controlled the game, but another defensive lapse and GK mistake cost us.

There are bright spots - last night we dominated a team that was supposed to wipe the floor with us, and this was with a suspect midfield. The defense actually contained two of the most prolific players all night.

However we simply cannot score unless we take 18 shots, and our GK is so bad he saved only 1 of 2 shots on goal, and we cannot defend to connect on set pieces. I'm not ready to press the Red Button for the nuclear option on the roster, because we haven't done the one thing that will likely have the greatest effect, which is benching an absolutely awful GK that has done nothing to help the team.
I have zero confidence in Patrick Vieira to make that decision. Why? Because apparently he thinks he's good and has started him all season.

Reactions: Angela Miller
Hey all, I'm on a road trip with wife and kids but about 40 Co workers of mine went to the game last night (club gave us discount tickets because we work for them) most of them first time at a game, many of them first time at any soccer game. Good chance to make some new fans. Haven't heard any feedback yet but how was the feel at the stadium last night? Attractive experience? (apart from the dick-punch ending that is)
It would be cool to hear their feedback. I thought that the atmosphere was great for a chilly Wednesday night game. Nice crowd, loud and engaged from where I sit, and an exciting game for almost 90 minutes. I bet your folks enjoyed themselves.

It would be cool to hear their feedback. I thought that the atmosphere was great for a chilly Wednesday night game. Nice crowd, loud and engaged from where I sit, and an exciting game for almost 90 minutes. I bet your folks enjoyed themselves.

Thanks I am waiting to hear back from the girl who organized it so I'll report back

Reactions: FootyLovin and JayH
I thought that was awesome. We need SOMETHING in this fucking baseball stadium.
My thoughts exactly. Anything that can enhance the experience in our less than optimal surroundings is a win. Connectivity is so difficult so we need some help from the team/stadium exactly like this. I am sure they are reluctant to go the route of controlled smoke/fire given the history, so this is a unique alternative.

and we continue to get CRUSHED by our opposition.
I wouldn't say we got crushed last night. Had MANY better chances than Montreal, they got extremeyl lucky, they didn't create anything against us all night.

I look at it this way, early in the season, with plenty of time to change our standings, I'll take our performances over that of our opponents in almostall our games. I think that wil even ourt.

I seemed to have missed what happened with Mix at the end (it's hard to see anything when you are in the fetal position crying). What happened?

94th minute. Mendoza is bringing it up the right side. Nice pass into the box to McNamara. He does a sweet back heel to Mix who has time and space at the top of the 18. He tries to flick it over to Villa instead of shooting and botches the pass. He needed to shoot (although had the pass gotten to Villa, he was so wide open, I could have made the shot)

Probably a "protest" of their besmirched honor post-Philly. :rolleyes:

Y'know, in the light of day I actually feel kinda better about the game. Outside of the pointless first half and the awful ending, we had some reasons for optimism.

the optimistic side of me sees it that way.....we may be playing better than last year but still not getting the results....last year with players there was no hope whatsoever to even score one and getting nothing out of it....

but the pessimistic side of me its same old same old because the results are pretty much the same.

OF Course My Andrea's becoming the most hated man in the country next to Obama!! So My Question for all the Haters Is WHERE'S FRANK PEOPLE?? The Highest Paid Player on the team and dose Nothing But Ad's for the team!! At Least my Andrea's out there with his measly 2.5 million while those who make 8 million are completely Absent!!!........F-You To All The Haters!! ANDREA PIRLO Is God First Foremost and Forever!! Love You Baby!!! Now let's get a shirt that say's FRANK WHO? or No Frank Who Cares??

Reactions: joe and Jock
It was more dead in the supporters section than usual. Related: the drums the templados use were in a pile at the top of the bleachers all game. Anyone one know what was up with that?

It was a Wednesday night, man. Bleachers were pretty full considering but there is a certain amount of reserve when you have to go to work in the morning. That's my guess anyway. As for the drums, they weren't picked up or requested barring a corny chant in the middle of the game.

they didn't let them use any drums

They who? Not a single person stopped anyone from taking the drums. Not a single person asked for the drums.