Montreal Postmatch

Again that goal was 100% on Saunders without question he should have had it, and had it easy!!!!! But again we can't baby Saunders, the defense needs to play perfect now is that what you are saying? He faced two shots the whole game, TWO!!!!!! The defense had one breakdown and that was it, and Saunders should have been able to cover that EASY. Yet he sucks and didn't. Nothing new there.
Im not saying the defence should have to play perfect but that defending was so far from perfect its a joke... To leave 2 players that unmarked from a set piece is asking for trouble. Yes there was a chance Saunders could have got there if he went straight away but alternatively if he did that every time eventually he would misjudge something. Idealy there would be a 2 defenders doing there job and being between the montreal players and the goal making it very difficult for them to score. As it is they could just pick their spot and head it in easily.

Im not saying the defence should have to play perfect but that defending was so far from perfect its a joke... To leave 2 players that unmarked from a set piece is asking for trouble. Yes there was a chance Saunders could have got there if he went straight away but alternatively if he did that every time eventually he would misjudge something. Idealy there would be a 2 defenders doing there job and being between the montreal players and the goal making it very difficult for them to score. As it is they could just pick their spot and head it in easily.

Hey we can end it over here. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, Saunders is a major liability, not only for shit plays like last night, but for many other reasons. I guess we can agree to disagree here. I think Saunders was 100% to blame, and you think otherwise. Fair enough.

Hey we can end it over here. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, Saunders is a major liability, not only for shit plays like last night, but for many other reasons. I guess we can agree to disagree here. I think Saunders was 100% to blame, and you think otherwise. Fair enough.
In an ideal world he wouldn't have been starting this game in the first place!

the commentator "everyone's looking for drogba". what? who was looking for drogba, he was taking the kick..... wait, were they looking for him in the box? I don't put it beyond some of our players to be that inept.

ugh. you made me watch that again. shocking on so many levels

I'm one of those who was both encouraged by last night and completely gutted at the same time.

We again ruled possession but this time it did not appear it was so much because Montreal just let us have it. We mostly just outplayed them in significant stretches, and held even for almost all of the rest.
For all the criticism of Hernandez -- which I get -- our defense gave up one shot on goal in the run of play. He and Brillant have things figured out. Yes, I'd love a 6'3" stronger, smarter, faster defender with better skills, and if we get one I'm all for dumping him, but I can't complain about our defensive performance. We don't give up lots of shots generally. Our keeper OTOH lets about 50% of those SOGs to go in.
For all my bitching and criticism of our free kick defense, it is kind of freaky how successful other teams have been on them against us, but almost exclusively at YS. I also usually roll my eyes whenever someone here puts our failures down to bad luck (I really do), but I do think our performance defending free kicks this year has been bad form combined with, yes, poor luck. :rolleyes:
To make you and everyone feel better, yesterday Bayern had 71% possession and numerous chances, and yet they lost 0-1 to Atletico Madrid. So our 1-1 is not too bad. I too am frustrated by the season so far but I thought someone has to cheerleading a little bit. In short, we fared better than Bayern yesterday :)

OF Course My Andrea's becoming the most hated man in the country next to Obama!! So My Question for all the Haters Is WHERE'S FRANK PEOPLE?? The Highest Paid Player on the team and dose Nothing But Ad's for the team!! At Least my Andrea's out there with his measly 2.5 million while those who make 8 million are completely Absent!!!........F-You To All The Haters!! ANDREA PIRLO Is God First Foremost and Forever!! Love You Baby!!! Now let's get a shirt that say's FRANK WHO? or No Frank Who Cares??

Pretty sad that your defense of Pirlo's play is that he's better than a guy who has played zero minutes...

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I haven't seen the game yet. It was on too late for me to watch it live, so recorded it and will watch it tomorrow night. Will be able to give an opinion on it then.

However, I am taking some credit because I put Piatti in my dream team and that is why he didn't score lol

Reactions: Christopher Jee
On the bright side, my daughter and I enjoyed since serious bacon on a stick at the game. Waited on line with an anonymous pair of forum members who were impressed with my usage of, "shitty beats", which can now become the forum password to verify a fellow member...

the commentator "everyone's looking for drogba". what? who was looking for drogba, he was taking the kick..... wait, were they looking for him in the box? I don't put it beyond some of our players to be that inept.

lol...

I'm excited to see the lights after the goal thing again now that I know it's coming. I'm still programed to think about the old stadium lights that when they went out you would have to wait 10-15 min for them to warm back up an come on. When they lights went out my immediate reaction was to think something was wrong and wonder how long play would be stopped for.

Reactions: Jock and mgarbowski
Hey LionNYC LionNYC did you hear what the hell it was Saunders was yelling at the end of the game? He ran up to the halfway line while NYCFC was lining up for a free kick and was yelling at the bench. Any idea what that was about?

All I was able to hear was that Saunders was saying that when Mendoza came into the game there was some questions about his defensive coverage.

All I was able to hear was that Saunders was saying that when Mendoza came into the game there was some questions about his defensive coverage.
Oh just great.... Now Saunders is going to be able to place blame on Mendoza for not knowing his defensive responsibilities and minutes later a goal is scored. I've read this book before and it starts with "not my fault" and ends with a finger being pointed.

I watched the match just now and I think for the second match in a row all you Saunders haters are nuts. There were two Montreal players going for that header and not a single defender to be seen. Could Saunders have stopped that? Yeah, he could've. Is it his fault it went in? Nope, not at all. It's the same as the goal last weekend where the defender was behind his man who was three feet from the goal and yet everyone here said it was Saunders' fault.

I'm not saying Saunders should be starting for the USMNT or anything but the level of Saunders-hate we've got going on here is just getting a little ridiculous.

I watched the match just now and I think for the second match in a row all you Saunders haters are nuts. There were two Montreal players going for that header and not a single defender to be seen. Could Saunders have stopped that? Yeah, he could've. Is it his fault it went in? Nope, not at all. It's the same as the goal last weekend where the defender was behind his man who was three feet from the goal and yet everyone here said it was Saunders' fault.

I'm not saying Saunders should be starting for the USMNT or anything but the level of Saunders-hate we've got going on here is just getting a little ridiculous.

With all due respect, you have no clue, when it comes to that play and Saunders getting the blame.