New Jersey - Postmatch

That game actually felt like it was begging for Taty. You get the sense that he could be a selfish player at times with the ball at his feet, and it was going to take someone outnumbered in a moment of brilliance to win that game. My brother kept telling me the entire second half that Villa was playing like he was about to score a blooter for the winner, and he nearly did. We've needed that kind of "fuck you, I'm David Villa" game for him all year, and I don't think there's any question he's still top-tier in the league when he plays at that level.

That game actually felt like it was begging for Taty. You get the sense that he could be a selfish player at times with the ball at his feet, and it was going to take someone outnumbered in a moment of brilliance to win that game. My brother kept telling me the entire second half that Villa was playing like he was about to score a blooter for the winner, and he nearly did. We've needed that kind of "fuck you, I'm David Villa" game for him all year, and I don't think there's any question he's still top-tier in the league when he plays at that level.
Considering how tired RB looked, Taty’s speed and size would’ve given their CBs absolute fits. When Berget went out, Taty would’ve been the absolutely perfect replacement (if healthy), with his size, speed, and technique.

And yes, when healthy and motivated, Villa is a lethal assassin on the ball - he had their defense off balance and nervy. I’ll gladly take him next year on a reduced contract - one that accounts for likely injuries and loss of minutes. But if he could be healthy for the RB and ATL matches, we’d get the best of him each time.

Taty, Medina, Lewis. A speedy winger to run at opponents.

If they ever did a 17match stint, I guarantee at least one of them would require emergency medical services when ESPN forces the 1pm start on a 96deg humid July Saturday afternoon. Those latex masks look miserable to wear.

they actually arent latex masks... its mostly all blue paint

EDIT: The first stage, and what Bhurin said is the most time-consuming, is to apply a latex “bald” cap, gluing it to the hairline and behind the ears to make the balding seamless and natural-looking. The next task is applying a “specially made” blue grease paint.

they actually arent latex masks... its mostly all blue paint

EDIT: The first stage, and what Bhurin said is the most time-consuming, is to apply a latex “bald” cap, gluing it to the hairline and behind the ears to make the balding seamless and natural-looking. The next task is applying a “specially made” blue grease paint.
That’s pretty cool!

Always wondered how they get the material (paint, latex, whatever) so close to the eyes. Having blue paint that close would freak me out.

Alright, fire up the MLS is rigged engines. DisCo took action today!

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018...-committee-fines-ibrahimovic-kreilach-techera

nothing for Kemar
Kreilach was fined for THAT?!
giphy.gif

Reactions: adam and LeeNYCFC
Alright, fire up the MLS is rigged engines. DisCo took action today!

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018...-committee-fines-ibrahimovic-kreilach-techera

nothing for Kemar
Kreilach was fined for THAT?!
It really does make you wonder what the members of DISCO are looking at because the 360views of Lawrence leave zero doubt that his hand made contact with Tinny’s chin???

I’m also suspect of former players and how they view situations now that they aren’t playing. Kasey Keller and Ale Moreno are prime examples - every broadcast they do has a situation or two where they’re playing down the severity of contact only to do a 180 when a card is shown or VAR used. They use the typical “well for me that wasn’t a foul, it was barely contact” line insinuating that in their playing days it wouldn’t be worthy of the attention; almost an unsaid we were tougher attitude.

And yeah, MLS is wet to get Atlanta, or even RB, in the CCL, with both stadiums sexier than YS - anything to keep YS from international competition/TV that goes with it.

It really does make you wonder what the members of DISCO are looking at because the 360views of Lawrence leave zero doubt that his hand made contact with Tinny’s chin???

I’m also suspect of former players and how they view situations now that they aren’t playing. Kasey Keller and Ale Moreno are prime examples - every broadcast they do has a situation or two where they’re playing down the severity of contact only to do a 180 when a card is shown or VAR used. They use the typical “well for me that wasn’t a foul, it was barely contact” line insinuating that in their playing days it wouldn’t be worthy of the attention; almost an unsaid we were tougher attitude.

And yeah, MLS is wet to get Atlanta, or even RB, in the CCL, with both stadiums sexier than YS - anything to keep YS from international competition/TV that goes with it.
For me, it's more mind boggling that Kreilach received a fine for his, but nothing for Lawrence, Quioto, or the Minnesota player.

Kreilach's wasn't even on my radar, and wasn't picked up in this week's Instant Replay. And watching the replay, it looks more like Kreilach is caressing the opponent's neck than making any contact that could be considered violent at all.

For me, it's more mind boggling that Kreilach received a fine for his, but nothing for Lawrence, Quioto, or the Minnesota player.

Kreilach's wasn't even on my radar, and wasn't picked up in this week's Instant Replay. And watching the replay, it looks more like Kreilach is caressing the opponent's neck than making any contact that could be considered violent at all.
Quioto was the worst in IMHO. You don't levy an elbow like that unless you are trying to injury someone.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
3rd worse miss of the week

https://www.americansocceranalysis.com/home/2018/8/9/lowered-expectations-week-24-cajlf-3zssy-zam7h

#3 - Rodney Wallace, New York City FC, 66th minute, 0.491 expected goals
Assisted by: David Villa
Keeper: Luis Robles, New York Red Bulls
Number of passes in sequence: 5

quitot.png

David Villa at 36 still impresses me every game. The dude is always just 100% committed and his run to save this ball from going out of bounds AND THEN with the move to create space for a perfect (*mutters* cross *cough* *cough* *cough*) in to Rodney Wallace who is unmarked on the back post.

He’s brilliant. That sequence is what makes him one of the most valuable attackers in MLS.

Clint Dempsey retired this week and it’s sad to see these legends leave the game. Don’t let another go without you appreciating what they do.

Also, what on earth is that #NinjaKick? It’s awful. How is that better than what Jonathan Lewis could do? I mean, go back to the initial pass by Wallace which wasn’t very good to begin with but his redirection on this shot is simply awful. He’s right in front of goal mouth and it’s not even close. It blows my mind.

Put in Jonathan Lewis! Is there a hashtag yet? There should be a hashtag. Someone put up the bat signal for @Dummy Run. I’m gonna need a hashtag.

3rd worse miss of the week

https://www.americansocceranalysis.com/home/2018/8/9/lowered-expectations-week-24-cajlf-3zssy-zam7h

#3 - Rodney Wallace, New York City FC, 66th minute, 0.491 expected goals
Assisted by: David Villa
Keeper: Luis Robles, New York Red Bulls
Number of passes in sequence: 5

quitot.png

David Villa at 36 still impresses me every game. The dude is always just 100% committed and his run to save this ball from going out of bounds AND THEN with the move to create space for a perfect (*mutters* cross *cough* *cough* *cough*) in to Rodney Wallace who is unmarked on the back post.

He’s brilliant. That sequence is what makes him one of the most valuable attackers in MLS.

Clint Dempsey retired this week and it’s sad to see these legends leave the game. Don’t let another go without you appreciating what they do.

Also, what on earth is that #NinjaKick? It’s awful. How is that better than what Jonathan Lewis could do? I mean, go back to the initial pass by Wallace which wasn’t very good to begin with but his redirection on this shot is simply awful. He’s right in front of goal mouth and it’s not even close. It blows my mind.

Put in Jonathan Lewis! Is there a hashtag yet? There should be a hashtag. Someone put up the bat signal for @Dummy Run. I’m gonna need a hashtag.
The height of that cross was literally screaming for it to be run into with the body and just carried into the net. No reason at all to stab at it.