New Seat Estimates

When will the Third Rail find out how many people are sitting in the bleacher sections?

FredMertz FredMertz

Bleacher - 201
Group / Single Match - 202
Group / Single Match - 203
Group / Single Match - 203W
Group / Single Match - 204
*Category 6 - 208
Away Supporters - 223
Away Supporters - 224
GA - 235
GA - 236
GA - 237
GA - 238
*Category 2 - 130
*Category 4 - 131
Champions Club - 013
*Category 4 - 014A
Legends Club - 027B

AFAIK these are the sections are not available for seat selection. (*) denotes sections that I'm not sure of...perhaps it's because of sightlines as @Buckley mentioned

As a 014A STH, I know for a fact that it wasn't blocked off/unavailable for purchase. 014A was the first section to completely sellout.

Reactions: einwindir
Right but he counted seats NOT picked so that would be sections that ARE for sale plus count people that have not picked yet PLUS those that purchased outside of the window that won't be able to until the selection process is done.
I think we can comfortably fall into that figure.

Correct, but when he did the subtraction, it was from the announced capacity, rather than the announced capacity minus the seats that were not available to be picked.

Ok, so then what's an accurate estimate of seats sold so far? I'm lost. Is it close to 14k or much lower?

Reactions: Gene
Gotta be honest Fred, you kind of lost me. Why would the team announce the capacity for games would be 27K+ if, for example, only 22K seats would be made available? Or am I not following you correctly?

Gotta be honest Fred, you kind of lost me. Why would the team announce the capacity for games would be 27K+ if, for example, only 22K seats would be made available? Or am I not following you correctly?

This is how im looking at it, and I don't know if I'm right.

27k seats is the capacity but there are sections we don't have access to.
The single/group sections, the away sections and the third rail section ( these one can be purchased but we dont know if the number of avilable seats is zero here).

So this leave us with around 23-24 k of seats to be selected and 13.5 K are still available. Thats why I believe we are at the 10-12 K mark.

Which I should add is a great number so far.

Reactions: Gene
I guess the bottom line (like anything else with this organization) is just to sit back and wait for them to make an announcement.

Apologies for beating a dead horse, but I thought when they first announced YS as our venue they mentioned the capacity without the upper deck is around 33K of which 27K would be made available for sale.

meh, it's really nothing to obsess over. Either way it looks as if this team has sold a lot of season tix.

I'm guessing the 27,000 seats was how many total season they plan to make available per game with the "dead zones" already taken out of the equation.

The key is how many people are in 235-238. Since you don't need a Third Rail membership for 235 and 238, are those sections available to look at in the virtual viewer? I know 236-237 are red.

I mean that the bleachers and supporters sections are included in the 27k and those sections show up as "sold out" on the seat selection site even though they are not. They just aren't available for sale now. So we can't count those entire sections as sold.

Also, I believe that original total included a number of seats that they subsequently decided were unsellable -- but the bleachers and supporters are much more significant.

I mean that the bleachers and supporters sections are included in the 27k and those sections show up as "sold out" on the seat selection site even though they are not. They just aren't available for sale now. So we can't count those entire sections as sold.

Also, I believe that original total included a number of seats that they subsequently decided were unsellable -- but the bleachers and supporters are much more significant.

The original total was 33.444.

Guys, look at this way. We definitely hit the 3000 initial season holders pledges. I read somewhere on average everyone pledged for 2.6 seats. That gives us 7 to 8k tickets sold. Conservatively 6k. If we assume they got about 1k more people after initial 3k that is an additional 2 to 3k seats. Hence, we are looking at 8 to 10k tickets sold. What do you think?

Reactions: einwindir
The NYCFC Twitter account just posted that they've sold 10,000 seats. It's official.

Reactions: BxLio91
10517557_352988154874647_8777334142784182656_n.jpg

Reactions: Chief and BxLio91