New Seat Estimates

Guys, look at this way. We definitely hit the 3000 initial season holders pledges. I read somewhere on average everyone pledged for 2.6 seats. That gives us 7 to 8k tickets sold. Conservatively 6k. If we assume they got about 1k more people after initial 3k that is an additional 2 to 3k seats. Hence, we are looking at 8 to 10k tickets sold. What do you think?
Here goes confirmation to my logic. It is 10k

Here goes confirmation to my logic. It is 10k
It looks like they are done with all seats assignments. Now it is all about advertising and getting people on the fences to commit. It will take a long time to get to 15k or 20k. Maybe not even this season

I just saw om a different thread that mlssoccernews.com released that the max seat capacity will be 33,444. That's a really good number and if we could fill that every game it would be amazing!

10k is season tickets is pretty damn impressive. That's 1/3 of the stadium. Most people don't buy season tickets, they buy single games. I wouldn't be surprised is they get close to selling out most games.

Last edited:
Reactions: einwindir
I just saw om a different thread that mlssoccernews.com released that the max seat capacity will be 33,444. That's a really good number and if we could fill that every game it would be amazing!

Is it possible to know what will be the exact capacity of the Yankee Stadium for the NYCFC games : 27,000 or 33,444 ?

Is it possible to know what will be the exact capacity of the Yankee Stadium for the NYCFC games : 27,000 or 33,444 ?
I thought you had it confirmed by NYCFC that it would be 27,000?
Anyway, I am sure they do not have an official capacity as of now. They still have months to sell season tickets and use that to determine what the ideal capacity will be. We likely won't even know before the season starts.

NY Daily News also reported that the capacity will be 33,444.

As it gets closer to the season buzz will start to really kick in. The full roster is not set, the jersey hasn't even been released and people haven't seen anything on the field. Once it all kicks into high gear I'm pretty confident we'll see 15k committed before the start of the season.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
I thought you had it confirmed by NYCFC that it would be 27,000?
Anyway, I am sure they do not have an official capacity as of now. They still have months to sell season tickets and use that to determine what the ideal capacity will be. We likely won't even know before the season starts.

Yes, I had a mail by the NYCFC Fan Services that said me that the capcity will be 27.000. But this was 4 months ago.

Last edited:
It's just possible that the take-up of season tickets has led to them opting for the higher capacity.

I have had another confirmation by the NYCFC Fan Service that the capacity will be 27,000:

Dan: Welcome to our real-time support chat. How can I help you today?
Fabio: First of all absolutely compliments for the over 10,000 season tickets already sold !!!! I have a important question : I have noted that it exists a great confusion about the official capacity of the Yankee Stadium for the NYCFC games : will be it 27,000 or 33,444 ? Thank you for the reply and go NYCFC from Napoli ( Italy ) !!!
Dan: Thank you.
We have the ability to expand seating to the full capacity of Yankee Stadium, which is around 50,000.
Fabio: Yes, I know it. But what will be the capacity for most games of our fantastic team : 27,000 or 33,444 ?
Dan: Closer to 27,000
Fabio: And if the season tickets sold will be 22,000 or even more ?
Is it right to say that the full capaciti there will be at least in these games : NYCFC - NJRB, NYCFC - Sounders, NYCFC - Galaxy and NYCFC - Orlando ?
Can the NYCFC to guarantee us fans that the soccer stadium will be 100% in NYC ? You don't forget that this is New York CITY FC.............
When there will be official news about the soccer stadium ? Thank you for the reply.
Dan: Apologies for the delayed response.
Our goal is to find a location within the 5 boroughs for our soccer-specific stadium.

Last edited: