New Swag

Anyone know about the SuperDraft scarf? I need one.
I think the Superdraft scarf is this year's version of the jacquard scarf. Every team will have one. I imagine new merch will be available closer to the season, after all the retailers are done clearing out last year's inventory
It's such a shame that MLS is so far behind in it's Swag game. It is inconceivable to me that we can't ever seem to buy the dopest swag that we see on the sidelines/drafts etc. In every other American sports league, when you see a player wearing any type of merchandise, you can usually go to that teams site and instantly see a pop-up "Celebrate Jack Harrison with the official NYCFC Draft Day Scarf" and you could buy it so easily. Uggghhhh it pains me to see them missing opportunities.

Reactions: LionNYC
It's such a shame that MLS is so far behind in it's Swag game. It is inconceivable to me that we can't ever seem to buy the dopest swag that we see on the sidelines/drafts etc. In every other American sports league, when you see a player wearing any type of merchandise, you can usually go to that teams site and instantly see a pop-up "Celebrate Jack Harrison with the official NYCFC Draft Day Scarf" and you could buy it so easily. Uggghhhh it pains me to see them missing opportunities.
They don't even have an MLS t-shirt you can buy. I don't think I've seen any MLS-specific merch at all, in fact.

It does look like Knicks, Mets. I have t wonder at this point whether there is a policy, maybe even driven by the Yankees, not to use any Yankee elements in the uniform. I'd like this so much better with navy.

Reactions: Konrad
Everywhere where we've seen orange on the new gear if adidas would have instead put sky blue it would look great

I think the Superdraft scarf is this year's version of the jacquard scarf. Every team will have one. I imagine new merch will be available closer to the season, after all the retailers are done clearing out last year's inventory
Danger, you prescient bastard. You'll be predicting Thanksgiving in November and Christmas in 12/15 before I know it. I am wowed, brother.

(Fuck an emoticon. We've been drunk and celebrated wins. You should know a joke.)

Eta: Damon my typing. Can't even get Christmas right when I'm being a smartass.

Last edited:
Reactions: danger
I like that we've got the sky blue for our main color, and orange, blue, white for the away/secondary colors, but those shirts really need to reflect the home color -- it doesn't shout NYCFC at all, and the crest looks hideous against those colors.

Given the home schedule, the 2-in-1 blanket for $20 on the team store seems a good deal. Picked up two today. And just to make the shipping more economical, got 2 t-shirts, a sweatshirt and two scarves.

Just saying. If you need a good way to sell the wife, the blanket is a good start.
I can confirm the 2-in-1 blanket is a good buy. Pulled it out tonight to test the warmth and it didn't take long to start baking. Probably not a curl up on the couch type blanket unless I plan on spilling a beer on it.

Danger, you prescient bastard. You'll be predicting Thanksgiving in November and Christmas in 12/15 before I know it. I am wowed, brother.

(Fuck an emoticon. We've been drunk and celebrated wins. You should know a joke.)

I think what I meant was more of a commentary on MLS/teams milking it before releasing new merch than it was a prediction, but I'll allow it

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I can confirm the 2-in-1 blanket is a good buy. Pulled it out tonight to test the warmth and it didn't take long to start baking. Probably not a curl up on the couch type blanket unless I plan on spilling a beer on it.
I'm sure Mrs. Ulrich and you will be getting a cool surprise in 9 months.

I'm sure Mrs. Ulrich and you will be getting a cool surprise in 9 months.
Ha! We already have a 9mo old & the Mrs. has not yet developed amnesia to the whole delivery process..... that alone could curtail having a future NYCFC Academy star, but there's no doubt the current one will be playing for the future women's team - she chases the size 1 ball around the apartment and the transition from her licking the soccer ball to heading it can't be too far off.

Ha! We already have a 9mo old & the Mrs. has not yet developed amnesia to the whole delivery process..... that alone could curtail having a future NYCFC Academy star, but there's no doubt the current one will be playing for the future women's team - she chases the size 1 ball around the apartment and the transition from her licking the soccer ball to heading it can't be too far off.
I would say that's s great start.

Reactions: Ulrich