NFL Discussion

Me too. I hate to see the patriots or Seahawks win.another super bowl.
Speaking of rooting for a team not in this area. I'm a loooooong suffering Redskins fan. Was turned off after 'hawks beat my squad in the playoffs a few years back and taunted their way off the field.

Speaking of rooting for a team not in this area. I'm a loooooong suffering Redskins fan. Was turned off after 'hawks beat my squad in the playoffs a few years back and taunted their way off the field.
I'm a Niners fan I can't stand Richard loudmouth Sherman.

Reactions: JCizzle
'Hawks fan here ... but I'm a bit of a band wagon fan I only started liking them when I was 5 years old at my first football game. Needless to say pumped for another super bowl ... we shall see what happens this weekend. That being said JCizzle I was at all of the DC Redskins Hawks Playoffs (had a friend with season tickets who always wanted to "show me what would happen to my hawks this time") remember your boy trent williams went after sherman, who was saying good game to your team and shaking hands, with his helmet on to shove him.

Also ... racist name.

The other Kraft team will play in the championship game.
He can't lose 4 Championship games in a row can he?

Super Bowl 42, 46
MLS Cup 2014
Super Bowl 49?

Throw in all the other MLS Cup Finals the Revs have lost and the Super Bowl the Patriots lost in the mid-90s and his teams have lost a ton of title games even though he'll be remembered for winning a lot. His teams have lost way more than they've won.

Reactions: BxLio91
The Oakland Raiders and San Diego Chargers are trying to get a deal done that will have them share a brand new stadium in LA

Yes and the Rapids/Arsenal owner who owns the StL Rams wants to build a new NFL stadium on land he owns in LA.

But my question is, will either of these projects actually happen? Seems the NFL likes using LA as leverage to blackmail cities.

The NFL has been doing exactly that for years, but it very much seems that the Chargers/Raiders and/or Rams are going to push very hard to change that this year. The problem for those three teams is that LA is unlikely to end up with 3 teams, so each city has an incentive to play hardball against the NFL. Which is good, as I hate public subsidies for stadiums.

Yes and the Rapids/Arsenal owner who owns the StL Rams wants to build a new NFL stadium on land he owns in LA.

But my question is, will either of these projects actually happen? Seems the NFL likes using LA as leverage to blackmail cities.
I doubt that either of those projects is going to happen.

Reactions: Mikeylito
NFL is CRAZY right now. My Bills pick up McCoy and Matt Cassel. Seahawks get Jimmy Graham and further establish themselves as a create-a-player team. Revis back to the Jets. Sheesh!

Glad there's another NYCFC/Bills fan out there. Never been a Rex fan but have to give him a chance now. I just hope the offense has improved enough to get that extra win or two to get back in the playoffs for the first time in forever. Defense should be fine . Think they've improved at Running back and arguably helped themselves at Receiver and tight end but QB situation still very questionable.

With the international break leaving no NYCFC, no foreign league action, and limited MLS this weekend, I really wish the NFL started this weekend.

Glad there's another NYCFC/Bills fan out there. Never been a Rex fan but have to give him a chance now. I just hope the offense has improved enough to get that extra win or two to get back in the playoffs for the first time in forever. Defense should be fine . Think they've improved at Running back and arguably helped themselves at Receiver and tight end but QB situation still very questionable.

What do you think of Tyrod Taylor emerging as the starting QB? I know it's pretty mean to say but I'm happy to see EJ moved to 3rd string. When they released Matt Cassel, I was mortified. Then they sign him again and announce him as the number 2. SWEET DEAL!

I thought Cassel was going to be the starter would have been the safe move as I think he's the most similar to Orton and arguably slightly better. Glad it's Tyrod over EJ . About ready to write him off as another Bills draft mistake. Don't know much about Taylor but he has to have more upside than EJ. Still we haven't had a decent QB since Flutie and it keeps our play off chances for this year less than 50 % likely whereas with a decent QB we could make decent play off run with the rest of the talent on the roster.

BUMP

Not a bad way to start Rox! Cheered me up a fair bit from NYC laying another egg in Dallas the night before. If Taylor can play like this all year combined with the D and offensive talent at other positions I think ending the play off drought is very realistic.

Reactions: roxfontaine
Bills going 11-5. Yesterday's loss was a hard lesson to learn but the positive is we put 32 points on the board. We gotta find a way to reduce the scoring on November 23rd. We CAN and WILL beat the Patriots next time around.