NFL Discussion

NFL football is the only other sport I still have some interest in, but I think it's because it's a short season, once a week, and the playoffs fit neatly into the MLS offseason.
Pretty much sums it up for me too. I do consider myself a Rangers (NY) fan but I only really bother to watch the playoffs at this point. Don't know how anyone has the time to regularly watch NHL, NBA or MLB regular season.

You both hit my fandom right on the head. I love my Isles, nets and yanks. But can't be bothered to watch all those games (84, 82, 162!). It's way too much. Maybe they catch me if they are on a west coast swing and I need something to fall asleep to. Otherwise it's just the playoffs. Soccer and football on the other hand are once a week and have alternating seasonal schedules and limited number of games. Summer = soccer (34) & winter = football (16). So, I follow those two things. It's worked out quite nicely.

Also, best part about being a Jets fan; I don't have to worry about extra playoff games to tune into!

Kind of late notice but I have run an NFL pickem pool against the spread for about a decade now at work. The buy-in is $100 for the year. We usually have about 30-40 people which lets us pay $100 for winning any week and then split the remainder among the top 3 finishers for the year. If interested send me a DM and as long as I recognize you as a real even somewhat active poster and not a ringer I'll send you the sign up info. First game is tonight, but if you miss it you can still have a good year as long as you get picks in by the weekend.

Reactions: adam
Kind of late notice but I have run an NFL pickem pool against the spread for about a decade now at work. The buy-in is $100 for the year. We usually have about 30-40 people which lets us pay $100 for winning any week and then split the remainder among the top 3 finishers for the year. If interested send me a DM and as long as I recognize you as a real even somewhat active poster and not a ringer I'll send you the sign up info. First game is tonight, but if you miss it you can still have a good year as long as you get picks in by the weekend.

Fantasy lineups or real teams?

To be fair, nobody is good consistently against a spread. ATS pools are basically Lotto with a bigger buy in, smaller payout, but a reasonable chance of winning on occasion.

I haven't won a week in pick em for two years. I think I'm done giving other people money in that manner.

Reactions: mgarbowski
So with the Pats actually choking last night and the Fins game postponed whoever wins Bills-Jets will have sole possession of first place !:D

So with the Pats actually choking last night and the Fins game postponed whoever wins Bills-Jets will have sole possession of first place !:D

You know the jets will win this one and a few more vs other teams tanking. Just so they suck so much, it's hard to watch. But not enough that they can can get one of the first few picks and a franchise QB.

Reactions: Mario
You know the jets will win this one and a few more vs other teams tanking. Just so they suck so much, it's hard to watch. But not enough that they can can get one of the first few picks and a franchise QB.
Funny but as a Bills fan I feel the exact same way.

lions superbowl 2018
Sounds about right, considering this season's Super Bowl is number 52. So your prediction would be a Lions win in Super Bowl MMXVIII.

Although I suppose as a Jets fan I really shouldn't be trash talking other teams, eh?

Reactions: Mario
Sounds about right, considering this season's Super Bowl is number 52. So your prediction would be a Lions win in Super Bowl MMXVIII.

Although I suppose as a Jets fan I really shouldn't be trash talking other teams, eh?
jets need to lose every game this year if they want to win a few games in the future

jets need to lose every game this year if they want to EVER win a few ANY games in the future
FIFY

To be honest I think the Jets should have signed Kaepernick. Seems like a no-brainer move both to make the team actually good for once and to also have anyone care about the team again.

FIFY

To be honest I think the Jets should have signed Kaepernick. Seems like a no-brainer move both to make the team actually good for once and to also have anyone care about the team again.
i want johnny football to go to the jets. he'd be special

FIFY

Kap makes them 7-9, 8-8 if they don't cut everyone else like they did. We never get a franchise QB that way. I think kap got a bad rap, but he doesn't singlehandedly lead you to a SB.

On a funny side note the Jets called me yesterday to see if I might still be interested in a season ticket package. Now that's a rep I just felt sorry for.

Kap makes them 7-9, 8-8 if they don't cut everyone else like they did. We never get a franchise QB that way. I think kap got a bad rap, but he doesn't singlehandedly lead you to a SB.

On a funny side note the Jets called me yesterday to see if I might still be interested in a season ticket package. Now that's a rep I just felt sorry for.
Not disagreeing with you at all about the potential record but 8-8 beats 0-16 (or worse, 2-14). And he's still got some years in him, so the team could make itself better while he's here. Not expecting a Super Bowl, but wouldn't mind a decent performance with the chance to get better over the years.

He just seems like the obvious solution to many of the Jets' problems. He's a good quarterback, people would show up to see him play, he almost automatically gets us 6 extra wins this season we wouldn't get otherwise, and it's a chance to actually do the right thing.