Now Accepting New Members Online!

Samuel Youn

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
May 5, 2014
Manhattan, NY
The Third Rail is now accepting new members online! Visit our website to sign up and to view a for a full list of membership benefits.

10505042_268287736691695_2306132578083048534_o.jpg

there will be a bunch of designs made up and the members will be able to vote on the design....only paid members will get to vote

I understand the paid members voting thing. But why not have supporter designed scarves (not trying to start up anything im legit curious). Does the club want club approved only scarves?

I understand the paid members voting thing. But why not have supporter designed scarves (not trying to start up anything im legit curious). Does the club want club approved only scarves?

We won't be going to the club with this and we are beginning the process of moving our graphic design efforts in-house.

We have assembled and are continuing to assemble a group of graphic designers out of our ranks in the Third Rail.

So to make a long story short, the scarf will be designed by our supporters.

However, we are simply trying to gather those artistically inclined to focus our efforts.

Hopefully, we will have some great submissions for everyone to vote on!

We won't be going to the club with this and we are beginning the process of moving our graphic design efforts in-house.

We have assembled and are continuing to assemble a group of graphic designers out of our ranks in the Third Rail.

So to make a long story short, the scarf will be designed by our supporters.

However, we are simply trying to gather those artistically inclined to focus our efforts.

Hopefully, we will have some great submissions for everyone to vote on!
Any early designs or ideas you can let out?

I believe a no-scarf membership option should be offered. Otherwise at $30 the Thrid Rail becomes the most expensive SG in MLS. While many SG's charge as little as $10 for membership only including all of the benefits listed above except for the scarf.
I strongly suggest offering a $20 or less membership option.

Reactions: jerzy
I believe a no-scarf membership option should be offered. Otherwise at $30 the Thrid Rail becomes the most expensive SG in MLS. While many SG's charge as little as $10 for membership only including all of the benefits listed above except for the scarf.
I strongly suggest offering a $20 or less membership option.
I don't have much SG experience but when I joined VA it was 30$ and when I joined AO it was 30$.

Reactions: Buckley
AO is $30 a year and you get a shirt and bandana I believe. So $30 for these benefits and a scarf is not bad at all.

If you are interested in design, reach out to me. We have put together a subcommittee together for designers and we are looking to add to it. We are also still looking for a Director of Tifo.

I should also say, the scarf design process has not been finalized. We appreciate the feedback and an official announcement regarding the design process will be made soon.

Last edited:
If you are interested in design, reach out to me. We have put together a subcommittee together for designers and we are looking to add to it. We are also still looking for a Director of Tifo.

I should also say, the scarf design process has not been finalized. We appreciate the feedback and an official announcement regarding the design process will be made soon.
Are there parameters to the scarf designs?

ie number of colors; bars/solid; quotes or other sayings (founding member etc); graphics that are able to be used; size of scarf.