NYCFC 2021 MLS Cup Champions

Seven years is the perfect amount of time.
Win before then and you haven't suffered enough or developed an actual culture (suck it Atlanta).
Wait more than 7 years and you're pathetic.

It is known.
Not to mention. How great was it to hear our fans singing during MLS Cup? Now imagine how those moments would have been ruined if our supporters had yet to evolve beyond "heeeeyyyy heeyyyy baby!"

The high from the weekend has not left me at all.

Also kind of crazy but I'm in Kansas City and somehow there was another NYCFC fan on the same late night flight back. We nodded in excitement and exhaustion when we saw each other at the airport. Wish I could have exchanged info with him.

On a health and safety note, I would just encourage everyone who went to Portland or the event at Hammerstein to get COVID tested. There was a lot of indoor, mask-less close contact over the weekend. Even with the vaccine and boosters there are still breakthrough cases. Winning an MLS Cup is great. Keeping colleagues, friends, and family safe is important.
I hugged so many damn people. Includi apparently begging Shwafta Shwafta to hug me

Attachments

• IMG_4673.MOV
    1.6 MB
Not to mention. How great was it to hear our fans singing during MLS Cup? Now imagine how those moments would have been ruined if our supporters had yet to evolve beyond "heeeeyyyy heeyyyy baby!"
Though to be fair, that chant carries so damn well. Play the game right at the first half kickoff, you don’t hear Timber’s Army, you hear hey baby

Article opens by saying - as soon as Callens hit the winner - that Chanot and Maxi ran not to Callens with everyone else but straight to the NYCFC supporters corner, where they hugged. I didn't notice that and the TV feed does not show it (although I confirmed they are not celebrating with the group for the first minute or so). If anyone has seen any other video that has it I'd love a pointer to it.

Also the article comments are Philly toxic. Stay away.

Article opens by saying - as soon as Callens hit the winner - that Chanot and Maxi ran not to Callens with everyone else but straight to the NYCFC supporters corner, where they hugged. I didn't notice that and the TV feed does not show it (although I confirmed they are not celebrating with the group for the first minute or so). If anyone has seen any other video that has it I'd love a pointer to it.

Also the article comments are Philly toxic. Stay away.
I read some of the comments, even after reading your warning. Really a massive waste of time on my part and I should have listened to you.

If other fans want to discount what we did this year, please do so with logic and reason, even if I disagree with it. But holy hell the complete discounting of our wins in penalties chalking them up to "luck" (and ignoring the fact that this team had to draw both of those incredible teams, including the best in MLS history ON THE ROAD) AND also ignoring the seemingly universally accepted fact that Portland's tying goal shouldn't have counted, and then bringing up "couldn't even get more than 1 point off Red Bulls, one idiot said this team was 22 points worse than New England as if everyone else also wasn't.

I'm sorry Mark. I should have listened to you.

Somewhat unusual variance on the xG figures for this game. Everyone agrees that Portland took 19 shots and NYCFC 13. But for xG:

Opta /MLS Portland 1.3 NYCFC 0.9
FBRef Portland 1.8 NYCFC 0.6
ASA Portland 1.46 NYCFC 0.97

Portland accumulated by shooting a lot. But we had more on goal, and we blocked 8 of theirs.. The FBRef number for Portland seems way too high to me.
Yes. But Mark, who had the better average xG?