NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Taylor is starting to show why he isn't an every match player. Really a change of pace guy late in games. For a wing player, he has very little ability to cross a ball and provide service.

I do like his work ethic and his pace.

If Frank was to leave, I think you need to sign a winger. Or a CF because Villa still can't play as an out and out Striker.

Taylor is starting to show why he isn't an every match player. Really a change of pace guy late in games. For a wing player, he has very little ability to cross a ball and provide service.

If Frank was to leave, I think you need to sign a winger. Or a CF because Villa still can't play as an out and out Striker.
I agree with what you're saying here. Our next signing should be attacking minded. But my question is what would you do with Villa? Where would you play him if he isn't your CF?

I think Villa is fine in the middle, really. He's not on too much of an island as long as the CAM and the opposite wing are crashing with him. He may not score headers, but he's quick to pounce on a ball that touches the ground.

We need someone like Mix to play more forward and just play off Villa in plays, Villa gets too isolated sometimes and that's what happened in the last 2 games, against NE they basically marked him out of the game until they moved him to the left, also you need to get Taylor and Mendoza to play more central, playing them too wide doesn't work at all, learning curves, they still adapting but playing miles better as a team than last season

Reactions: Kjbert
We need someone like Mix to play more forward and just play off Villa in plays, Villa gets too isolated sometimes and that's what happened in the last 2 games, against NE they basically marked him out of the game until they moved him to the left, also you need to get Taylor and Mendoza to play more central, playing them too wide doesn't work at all, learning curves, they still adapting but playing miles better as a team than last season
And this is exactly what Lampard is one of the best in the world at doing, floating between the 6- and 18-yard boxes and freeing up everyone else to roam and also so he can pounce on opportunities that come his way. Pirlo behind him serving up beautiful lob passes all over, Villa as the striker he ought to be, Mix and McNamara maybe out a little wider doing everything else.

Yes, Lampard is no longer young but if he can play for us this season it'll be something to see. If we'd have had Lampard for the Revs match we would have scored 3 or 4, easy. I hope he can come back after this two week break and make a difference.

(Anti-Lampard heads exploding in 3, 2, 1...) :)

Some will find this interesting:
Casillas Close to Bowing Out Despite Record and Clean Sheet
By REUTERSMARCH 28, 2016, 5:45 A.M. E.D.T.

(Reuters) - Spain goalkeeper Iker Casillas said he was keen to carry on racking up the international accolades after equalling the record for most caps by a European player but acknowledged he was closing in on retirement.

The 34-year-old Porto keeper showed his class with a couple of fine saves in his 166th Spain appearance, a goalless draw away to Romania on Sunday.

"The time of my retirement is getting closer and closer," Casillas told reporters.

"It's clear that time passes everyone and I am no exception of that.

"But I have hope and I would like to be with this team full of youngsters. I don't know if it's my last year with Spain, I only think about enjoying each day."
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2016...rs-soccer-spain-casillas.html?ref=soccer&_r=0

Someone like Finlay from the Crew? Or Manneh, what a lad.

And this is exactly what Lampard is one of the best in the world at doing, floating between the 6- and 18-yard boxes and freeing up everyone else to roam and also so he can pounce on opportunities that come his way. Pirlo behind him serving up beautiful lob passes all over, Villa as the striker he ought to be, Mix and McNamara maybe out a little wider doing everything else.

Yes, Lampard is no longer young but if he can play for us this season it'll be something to see. If we'd have had Lampard for the Revs match we would have scored 3 or 4, easy. I hope he can come back after this two week break and make a difference.

(Anti-Lampard heads exploding in 3, 2, 1...) :)

Lampard as a forward would be bold as hell. I don't see it.

Villa really needs a target striker next to him, and someone he respects enough to work off of. A 3-5-2 (or 3-3-4 depending on what you label the wingers) would be deadly. Followed by a dominant CB on TAM money to stand between Matarrita and Iraola.

F: Villa, [Ibra]
W/AM/W: Mendoza, Mix, Taylor/Shelton
M: Pirlo, Bravo
D: Matarrita, [Terry], Iraola

*Note, don't actually think Ibra will come here, nor do I actually want Terry - just using their names as placeholders.

Lampard as a forward would be bold as hell. I don't see it.

Villa really needs a target striker next to him, and someone he respects enough to work off of. A 3-5-2 (or 3-3-4 depending on what you label the wingers) would be deadly. Followed by a dominant CB on TAM money to stand between Matarrita and Iraola.

F: Villa, [Ibra]
W/AM/W: Mendoza, Mix, Taylor/Shelton
M: Pirlo, Bravo
D: Matarrita, [Terry], Iraola

*Note, don't actually think Ibra will come here, nor do I actually want Terry - just using their names as placeholders.
Well, wasn't trying to imply he'd be a forward. Definitely don't want to confuse people. But he is an attacking midfielder that's often right up there in the mix. What I was really trying to say is that he (or a player like him) was what we were lacking against the Revs. We didn't really have any targets in the center, especially with Villa playing out on the left. We had Villa, Pirlo, and even McNamara looking for someone to pass to and there wasn't really anybody there for them. We needed a few of those sweet Pirlo to Lampard to Villa plays to light things up, but what we had was Pirlo to Villa (outside) to kind of nobody home.

I think that upgrading out GK is a must to become a really competitive squad, and if we are the club to make splashy signings I think we should go for it with Fernando Muslera, starts for Galatasaray and the Uruguayan National Team, would be SOO much better than Iker Casillas in terms of a superstar GK for the club.

Reactions: Shane1988
I think that upgrading out GK is a must to become a really competitive squad, and if we are the club to make splashy signings I think we should go for it with Fernando Muslera, starts for Galatasaray and the Uruguayan National Team, would be SOO much better than Iker Casillas in terms of a superstar GK for the club.

How about giving Eirik Johansen a shot first before spending money.

How about giving Eirik Johansen a shot first before spending money.
As much as I would love that, saunders seems pretty bunkered into the starting spot and there seem to be no signs of that changing anytime soon and a big move may be needed to get saunders out.

Reyna needs to pick up the phone and move mountains to get this kid out of Yale - I have never seen a player with such uncanny shot-stopping abilities. Once Vieira sees this highlight reel, there's no way he can stay on the Saunder's bandwagon!