NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

We got the international slots we needed for next to nothing. We are trading small amounts of TAM/GAM and useless late round super draft picks for them. Your saying you'd rather hang onto those minimal assets than adding depth and rolling the dice to see how a young player super cheap player will develop. Depth we in fact needed this season. When Mata was in international duty and Allen was hurt/suspended who plays LB in your proposed scenario without Martinez?

Iraola? Mena? Bravo? Hernandez? You are talking about a third choice left back. You can even play a back three and play Harrison as a wing back. I am sorry to disagree with you, but international slots shoudl be used for players who play a part whether starting or on the bench.

You mean when Accam blew by a totally flat footed Allen, the guy you called our best defender, and Brillant had to come over to cover for him and prevented a goal?

As you say Allen was caught flat footed. It does happen, even with the best when attacked with pace, however Brillant was already over there and should have had the nous to jockey him. Holding him up and pushing him wide. That is what defenders are taught to do. I would have Allen over Brillant all day long. He gives everything going both ways.

As you say Allen was caught flat footed. It does happen, even with the best when attacked with pace, however Brillant was already over there and should have had the nous to jockey him. Holding him up and pushing him wide. That is what defenders are taught to do. I would have Allen over Brillant all day long. He gives everything going both ways.

We can agree on Allen. He's been a great find for us. Not sure why he didn't start over Hernandez last night. We needed speed on Accam not size, seemed like the perfect night for Allen to get the start.

We can agree on Allen. He's been a great find for us. Not sure why he didn't start over Hernandez last night. We needed speed on Accam not size, seemed like the perfect night for Allen to get the start.

Well I would like us to go and get Accam next season. I believe he deserves to be in a better team.

Well I would like us to go and get Accam next season. I believe he deserves to be in a better team.

Accam at $700k which is what I think he makes would be way more helpful than Mix sitting in the stands on $750K. It was rumored that Chicago went after Bedoya and may have even had a deal with him that fell through before we landed with Philly. Maybe they want a different USMNT player and they would be willing to swap Accam for him. I agree Accam deserves better. He played hard all game despite getting frustratingly poor service from his teammates over and over.

The quality American backups you want are not just sitting around for the taking. The primary way teams fill those back up positions with Americans is through their youth programs and development academies. Until ours is up and running we are going to have to fill the gap by trading for international slots. Yes, your logic is sound that we are wasting spots, but we don't really have a choice. Quality young players are already on teams and MLS vets that are backup quality at this point in their career make a ton of money. Do you want Wingert back at +$200k instead of taking a shot to see how Martinez develops? Because that's pretty much your option.

I agree with you, except for the keeper position. We can find a young backup on another MLS team, USL starter or college star that we can bring on and mold if they have to skills to play the ball at their feet.

As well as Iraola as done in defensive midfield, i would replace him. Also Pirlo & Lampard. For me they have done their job in launching NYCFC. Now we need midfield players who can not only pass but have the pace and strength to dominate games.

We keep Iraola here till his legs fall off! The way he plays the position, he doesn't need extreme pace. It's his positioning and distribution skills from his footballing IQ that allow him to play so well for us.

I agree with you, except for the keeper position. We can find a young backup on another MLS team, USL starter or college star that we can bring on and mold if they have to skills to play the ball at their feet.

We keep Iraola here till his legs fall off! The way he plays the position, he doesn't need extreme pace. It's his positioning and distribution skills from his footballing IQ that allow him to play so well for us.

I always think you can improve. Since Iraola went to midfield he has been excellent. I would be looking for a younger version.

I always think you can improve. Since Iraola went to midfield he has been excellent. I would be looking for a younger version.

Sure, let's find a younger version. But till we do, let the old geezer stick around a few more years ;). He's seems to be doing alright for himself.

Sure, let's find a younger version. But till we do, let the old geezer stick around a few more years ;). He's seems to be doing alright for himself.

To be honest last season when he was being slaughtered at right back I wanted to see him in midfield. Kries never did move him. Since he has gone there he has been mostly excellent. I thought he looked tired the last couple of game though. Still he has been very good this season.

W william straiton is a Man City fan who doesn't understand MLS salary cap tules

I understand the concept of the salary cap. What you can't and can do within the salary cap I have no idea.

I just believe the one area where we ned to improve significantly is in the defence. I know it isn't easy, but to be top of the league with the worst defensive record shows we can be so much better with a couple of quality recruits in defence.

It's hardly radical thinking to say we need to get better on defense given the 53 we've conceded. The question is what will help us most.

Is it upgrading at CB? Maybe, but we really don't know how things will look with a healthy Chanot.

Is it better FBs? I doubt it.

Better defensive presence in midfield? Yes, but it's hard to get that along with the possession skills we need to run our system.

Better goalkeeping - I am not touching this one.

The Johansen's international spot is the largest mystery. PV sees the backup keeper's role as only used for cup matches. But USOC rules have stringent limits on international players allowed. If that's the role they invisioned for the backup keeper before the season, then why not find a domestic keeper for that role?
Spoiler alert, they most likely will.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam