NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

No one gets put on ignore for their opinions. Its tone 100%

so when i apologized about being wrong my tone was off? maybe youre speaking about yourself but thats not 100% the case here. and im 50/50 about whether or not mgarbowski mgarbowski put me on ignore as well and all i said in here was my opinion about villa and rooney.

To quote Douglas Adams: "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."

There's usually data that supports both sides of arguments, as was the case in this situation.

on this forum, arguments go one way, and having a different opinion is frowned upon. internet friends then band together to support each others ignorance and narrow mindedness because the alpha male involved must be right at all costs. if not the process of elimination begins, first step ignore half their argument and use what suits yours. then click ignore because you only want to see people that think the same as you.
step two: victory! you cant lose if the other person isn't there so you think you win!

on this forum, arguments go one way, and having a different opinion is frowned upon. internet friends then band together to support each others ignorance and narrow mindedness because the alpha male involved must be right at all costs. if not the process of elimination begins, first step ignore half their argument and use what suits yours. then click ignore because you only want to see people that think the same as you.
step two: victory! you cant lose if the other person isn't there so you think you win!

giphy.gif

so when i apologized about being wrong my tone was off? maybe youre speaking about yourself but thats not 100% the case here. and im 50/50 about whether or not mgarbowski mgarbowski put me on ignore as well and all i said in here was my opinion about villa and rooney.
It honestly is completely all about tone. I get in disagreements with others here all the time. I know I butt heads with K Kjbert and T Tom in Fairfield CT about many different things on here quite often, and even though we are on completely different sides of the argument, its amicable at the least.

I did have you on ignore for a while, and then honestly found it more annoying seeing posts that I couldn't read as well as replies to posts and posts that included quotes that I couldn't read, so I took you off.

I did go back and look for your apology about being wrong, though I definitely didn't/don't require one. I'm guessing you may have deleted it, because this is the closest I could find to an apology:
Wow, really that salty over winning an argument with me, which really wasnt even an argument i was just wrong about a rule. Didn't know it was that serious in here.

Hoping we get some NYCFC matches back and/or transaction news soon enough. Cheers.

on this forum, arguments go one way, and having a different opinion is frowned upon.

Is there a difference between "frowned upon" and "disagreed with?" Is there anything wrong with either?

Are you really surprised that expressing a minority opinion will be met with a large wave of counterargument? Because that's the definition of "minority opinion."

Reactions: Ulrich

There's usually data that supports both sides of arguments, as was the case in this situation.
I think your response above is a prime example. Why argue with somebody else's view of (the proverbial) "your" tone? It's their right to find any poster's tone offensive or obnoxious (or agreeable) and it's their right to either block or read; arguing that "you" shouldn't be blocked and therefore they be compelled to read "your" posts is kinda silly and reinforces their decision.

I think your response above is a prime example. Why argue with somebody else's view of (the proverbial) "your" tone? It's their right to find any poster's tone offensive or obnoxious (or agreeable) and it's their right to either block or read; arguing that "you" shouldn't be blocked and therefore they be compelled to read "your" posts is kinda silly and reinforces their decision.

im not arguing for me not to be ignored... if you want to ignore me its your right. im just saying i think its a little silly. and i also think youre trying to infer my tone through written words because at no point am i ever trying to be disrespectful. I appreciate everyone's opinion on here even if i completely disagree with it. If you think otherwise i think you may be reading to far into what im writing.

It honestly is completely all about tone. I get in disagreements with others here all the time. I know I butt heads with K Kjbert and T Tom in Fairfield CT about many different things on here quite often, and even though we are on completely different sides of the argument, its amicable at the least.

I did have you on ignore for a while, and then honestly found it more annoying seeing posts that I couldn't read as well as replies to posts and posts that included quotes that I couldn't read, so I took you off.

I did go back and look for your apology about being wrong, though I definitely didn't/don't require one. I'm guessing you may have deleted it, because this is the closest I could find to an apology:

Hoping we get some NYCFC matches back and/or transaction news soon enough. Cheers.

glad to have you back! i guess my apology was me making fun of myself when i realized i was wrong. i had even made a post laughing at myself that said "not photoshopped" which was a clear photoshop on my end because i was completely wrong.

Wayne Rooney has not had as good of a career as David Villa. Wayne Rooney also never had the supporting cast at Man U that Villa had at Valencia, Barca, Athleti or with Spain.

Take off the light blue glasses. Rooney was one of the BEST players of his generation. Is he on the level of a Ronaldo or Messi? Nope. But neither is Villa.

Wayne Rooney has not had as good of a career as David Villa. Wayne Rooney also never had the supporting cast at Man U that Villa had at Valencia, Barca, Athleti or with Spain.

Take off the light blue glasses. Rooney was one of the BEST players of his generation. Is he on the level of a Ronaldo or Messi? Nope. But neither is Villa.

i think youre severely underrating how good Villa is and was and i was never a fan of his until he came to NYCFC because FORZA ITALIA! Rooney i always thought was a very good but severely over rated.

I would sign Tevez, if we're still talking about him.

Too old, Huge Tevez fan, but pass.

Take off the light blue glasses. Rooney was one of the BEST players of his generation.
i dont wear glasses, rooney was not one of the best of his generation

He's 5 years younger than Il Methuselah, how can a Pirlo-for-starter guy call anyone old?

Im not a Pirlo for starter guy, im just a huge pirlo fan who thinks Pirlo gets scapegoated a lot.

And the difference is that Pirlo is a skill guy which means he has more longevity in the game. Tevez is a physical guy, and that only lasts so long.

Exactly. Rooney also played in a league known for physicality and defense; only recently has the EPL shifted top/bottom to a more elegant passing/attacking game, for all teams, with the influx of high caliber players which lessens the chances of going up against a parked-bus defense. While not a defensive farce like the Dutch Eredivise, for the decade prior to the last few years, La Liga was a very wide open attacking league with suspect defending below the top 3-4 teams. I do not think anybody could ever legitimately argue Villa faced tougher defenses top/bottom week in/out as Rooney did.

Sooo anywhoo, here is my semi-realistic (Really not that realistic at all) list of players wanted for LB this season:

1a. Fuchs (obviously)
1b. Fuchs
1c. Fuchs
2. Timmy Chandler (yeah that's a RB, but RB needs improvement too)
3. Fabio Coentrao
4. Jean Beausejour
5. Damian Perez (Tijuana LB)
6. Stephen Ward
7. Juan Zuniga (Napoli LB who has been loaned a lot)

I think all of these guys would come here on TAM/GAM contracts with the exception of Coentrao who would have to be a DP for certain.

Reactions: Ulrich
i think youre severely underrating how good Villa is and was and i was never a fan of his until he came to NYCFC because FORZA ITALIA! Rooney i always thought was a very good but severely over rated.

Too old, Huge Tevez fan, but pass.

Best English player of his generation. Best Englishman since??? George Best?

Sooo anywhoo, here is my semi-realistic (Really not that realistic at all) list of players wanted for LB this season:

1a. Fuchs (obviously)
1b. Fuchs
1c. Fuchs
2. Timmy Chandler (yeah that's a RB, but RB needs improvement too)
3. Fabio Coentrao
4. Jean Beausejour
5. Damian Perez (Tijuana LB)
6. Stephen Ward
7. Juan Zuniga (Napoli LB who has been loaned a lot)

I think all of these guys would come here on TAM/GAM contracts with the exception of Coentrao who would have to be a DP for certain.
This post is ridiculously on-topic for this thread.