NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

1. Find a good resource about the old NASL, and it will show you why a pure free market system doesn't work so well. In short, when you have many teams chasing the few and the gap is so wide, the many end up bankrupt, and the league ends up dead.

2. Conceptualize it this way: What is the value of a single soccer team? Zero. It takes two teams to play a game. It takes a whole league to strengthen each individual club by raising pooled TV revenues, by increasing the value and intrigue in the competitions, and by increasing the talent pool. NYCFC benefits from a strong team in Houston, in Minnesota, in Orlando. They are interdependent. And therefore, the test of progress isn't whether we are able to strengthen the strong, but rather to promote the floor.

3. The correct answer is somewhere in between our stances.
Like this much better

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Reactions: Kjbert
So, how does it work if we want to sign him at a lower salary? Presumably, this would be SKC's free off-season contract buyout.

I think he goes on waivers and any team can claim him in order of waiver priority. If a team grabs him off waivers they are stuck with his current contract. If no team picks him up during the waiver process then any team can sign him to a new contract at a new price.

I think he goes on waivers and any team can claim him in order of waiver priority. If a team grabs him off waivers they are stuck with his current contract. If no team picks him up during the waiver process then any team can sign him to a new contract at a new price.
BTW, that second phase is NOT free agency, it is called "first come, first served" in this competition free zone.

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
I second that NO
Had a funny thought. Someone should keep throwing out names that others don't want to see NYCFC signs and everyone keeps saying no. Somewhere in the long list of names one sneaks in Messi's name and the "no" responders habitually say no again...that would be a funny movie scene when verbally conducted

Kiesewetter's contract is up in June, so it would be a free transfer. His current salary is about $125K. He is valued around $400k, so possible/borderline DP level. Bring out the TAM.

I'm not convinced we won't land on the allocation list before anyone has a chance to grab him. If that doesn't happen someone surely has him on their discovery list.

You're way overrating him. He's more like another Shelton at best.
On a level playing field (USA u23 roster), Keisewetter is the starting forward while Khiry is a bench player. JK also has the Bundesliga experience and development. I'll jump on the beer bet with Ulrich.

I'm not convinced we won't land on the allocation list before anyone has a chance to grab him. If that doesn't happen someone surely has him on their discovery list.
JK is not subject to the allocation list, but being on someone's discovery list is a possibility. Of course this MLS, so rules are made to be broken.

With all that said, I wouldn't sign as a DP. Should be cheaper though.