NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Players that are 28+ years old, at Manchester, that are deemed no longer necessary should be offered large contracts to come here. Avoiding the transfer fee so you can pay them the extra bit. Then, when they're 35-ish offer them another fat payday to go to Melbourne.

Thing is, MCFC wants the money from selling those players for FFP, though it's an interesting prospect. I think there's a good chance that the odd player winding down to retirement might come at the end of a contract, but that's a little different to what you suggest. I'd also be a little wary in case any player who made that move were tarred with the Lampard brush, too, of course but I guess there's only one way to know if that would happen and that is to see it.

Reactions: Kjbert
The Lampard Brush?

And we're only talking a maximum of 3 players right now so likely never more than one or two a season and growing the NYC brand will far exceed the transfer money. FFP shouldn't be a problem with the new TV contract and a bigger US fanbase.

NYCFCfan NYCFCfan wrote in his answers to questions from the NYCFCNation twitter that we may see a summer transfer of Yaya receiving an Ashely Cole style contact without DP status this year then next year becoming a DP when Lamps leaves.
Whoa there. I said I could see it happening.

It's speculation based off: CFG connection and the fact that he'd rather go to MLS than China.

I know Falcao has been linked with Columbus, but we should go in for the swoop. Give him an Ashley Cole type deal where he will be a DP next year.

I know Falcao has been linked with Columbus, but we should go in for the swoop. Give him an Ashley Cole type deal where he will be a DP next year.

I would be all for that, except that Falcao has looked badly underwhelming for several seasons now. His day has been and gone, I think.

I'm sure he could still do a job, but there must be better options now.

I would be all for that, except that Falcao has looked badly underwhelming for several seasons now. His day has been and gone, I think.

I'm sure he could still do a job, but there must be better options now.

I think it would be a good place for him to find some form and get back in the Colombia squad, but at the same time it is definitely a risk not just because of his form but his knees. Weak knees and MLS turf fields are not a good combo.

Demichelis was on his way to NYCFC but we wouldn't fit him in the budget. Damnit Garber.
How can we boot Garber? I want Donald Trump to come in and fire him. Anyone stands in between NYCFC and the players its fans want should be hung alive in Times Square

How can we boot Garber? I want Donald Trump to come in and fire him. Anyone stands in between NYCFC and the players its fans want should be hung alive in Times Square

We need a majority of league owners to vote him out, unfortunately there are more small money spenders than big money spenders in this league. 15 teams spend under $6M. 17 teams spend under $11M.

Idk how long I'd want him here, but I'd have taken him for a season at 400k. Was only playing every other week for City, anyways. Have to imagine he wanted much more than that. I always wonder how easy it is to fudge numbers. Like get Demi here for 400k and 6 years later after his retirement, someone connected to CFG delivers him $2mil cash at his front door. What keeps that stuff from happening? Kinda like Bobby Bonilla, but off the books.