NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

DP Should be a CB, tbh the defence is the only thing that needs sorting now for starting 11, a quality CB to play with Brillant or Pena

Then they could address depth
If I told you we could bring in another DP and we'd win the same amount of games would you rather a forward or CB/keeper.

I for one would take a 4-3 win 3-3 tie over a 2-1 win 1-1 tie type of season. In the end its supposed to be entertainment. For me open game, open scoring is fun. I think going into any game knowing we could light up the scoreboard on any opponent is a lot of fun and a lot to look forward too.

that's just me. I know defense is supposed to win championships, but not interested in being greece à la 2004 euros.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
If I told you we could bring in another DP and we'd win the same amount of games would you rather a forward or CB/keeper.

I for one would take a 4-3 win 3-3 tie over a 2-1 win 1-1 tie type of season. In the end its supposed to be entertainment. For me open game, open scoring is fun. I think going into any game knowing we could light up the scoreboard on any opponent is a lot of fun and a lot to look forward too.

that's just me. I know defense is supposed to win championships, but not interested in being greece à la 2004 euros.

Scoring goals isn't the issue at the moment, it's keeping them out, I would say target a CB first and if their isn't any quality ones their then look towards a WG, I just don't get the get Zlatan stuff when you already have a quality striker in David Villa

Good player but likes to play the Villa role, not sure if he be as good on the wings tbh, talented though
I read on Wikipedia he recently has been playing either on the wing or right behind the striker because he has good vision. I think vela and villa would complement eachother

I read on Wikipedia he recently has been playing either on the wing or right behind the striker because he has good vision. I think vela and villa would complement eachother

Vela left footed as well I think so do we play him on the RW aiming to cut inside when he gets the ball, it's a possibility tbh though, depends what Vieira wants his team to play like throughout the season

Reactions: Christopher Jee
FWIW I may have mentioned to David Villa that he should tell Fernando Torres to come join him here.

He stopped, seemed to have been caught off guard and just looked at me hesitantly before smirking.

FWIW I may have mentioned to David Villa that he should tell Fernando Torres to come join him here.

He stopped, seemed to have been caught off guard and just looked at me hesitantly before smirking.

They are very close friends lol

I've read a few articles on Torres looking at the possibility of moving to the MLS if he fails to fully join Atletico, apparently they mentioned that he has spoken to Villa about what's it like to play in the MLS

Reactions: Kjbert
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...nish-gk-iker-casillas-linked-new-york-city-fc
Ugh. Well there's a possibility he will play better in a different league... Maybe... Better yet we might be able to pick him up a lot cheaper than before because they don't want him. If we get him for cheap then it's easier to get an ROI out of what ever he can do on the field to make the signing worth it.

Jeez, MLS.com picked this up? Apparently the quote is completely fake (see post #1822).

I think our team has enough talent now from an offensive standpoint, a top notch defender would be nice in my opinion. That said, so long as the new DP, whoever it is, continues to make our club better, fun, exciting and progress - I'm happy then.

Huge Pirlo fan here, also Italian family - but is his third option year a player option or team option?

I know he recently went down with an injury but at 28, and with an expiring contract, maybe Martin Caceres is worth a look.

Achilles tendon rupture, out until October. Contract expires in June.

I'm sure someone in Europe will take a chance on him, but damn he would be nice anchoring our backline. Instantly the best CB in MLS. Put him in the middle of Vieira's 3-man backline and forget about defense for a couple years.

EDIT: Pick him up this summer and loan him to Manchester City. He can get healthy and train there, maybe get in a few games. Then send him back to us in January on a DP deal.

Achilles tendon rupture, out until October. Contract expires in June.

I'm sure someone in Europe will take a chance on him, but damn he would be nice anchoring our backline. Instantly the best CB in MLS. Put him in the middle of Vieira's 3-man backline and forget about defense for a couple years.
Not as a DP. Injuries can happen to anyone, but players returning from significant injuries are often higher risk. That's fine for a non-DP who can be replaced. But DP slots are too precious.

Reactions: Kjbert and sbrylski