NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

I know he recently went down with an injury but at 28, and with an expiring contract, maybe Martin Caceres is worth a look.
Martin Caceres is a real dirty player not the kind of player that fits Veira's system , he fractured an ankle recently so I would not take a chance on him.

Would be great to get a Uruguayan on the team, could make it easier for a certain Uruguayan Barcelona striker to come over...

Martin Caceres would be a quality player for us. Very comfortable with the ball at his feet, and knows how to play in a back three. Even with his injury I would take a chance on him.

But, I am sure there will be a bunch of teams interested in him in Europe. Hell, even Juve seem to want him to stay.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
No defensive DPs, please. Julian Green would be a great pickup, Bobby Wood, too, so long as it's a non-defensive DP.
For the sake of our national team's future, prefer Green and Wood stay in Europe at clubs where they can get serious minutes. At this point MLS is still not yet the place for such talented young player to grow their full potential.

Julian Green would be such a good fit here and under Vieira I think he would thrive, but his heart is in making it in Europe for now.

I'm harping for Bedoya now. We could get him on a TAM salary probably, he would not take an international spot, and fits the CAM role perfectly in 4-3-3 or if run a 3-4-3 he can play the RW role.

Reactions: Kjbert
Julian Green would be such a good fit here and under Vieira I think he would thrive, but his heart is in making it in Europe for now.

I'm harping for Bedoya now. We could get him on a TAM salary probably, he would not take an international spot, and fits the CAM role perfectly in 4-3-3 or if run a 3-4-3 he can play the RW role.
Yeah, Bedoya is a great player, but do we really need to add another CAM? I know Lamps is most likely gone this season, but considering Mix, Poku, and TMac already on our roster, I'd rather see us spend money on defense, GK, or a winger (where we actually might be developing a good deal of depth - definitely wont say we currently have depth there though)

I must be the only one that thinks Bedoya is over-rated. After every USMNT game, I can never think of any plays that he left a mark on. Means he's not blatantly hurting the team defensively, but I don't think he ever adds anything to the attack either. That's not a bad thing, and every team needs role-players, but I don't feel NYCFC has a spot for him and definitely not one that requires TAM or a DP designation.

I must be the only one that thinks Bedoya is over-rated. After every USMNT game, I can never think of any plays that he left a mark on. Means he's not blatantly hurting the team defensively, but I don't think he ever adds anything to the attack either. That's not a bad thing, and every team needs role-players, but I don't feel NYCFC has a spot for him and definitely not one that requires TAM or a DP designation.

I'm not so much basing it off of USMNT form(though I think he plays well for us when in the right position) but his club form. He has been phenomenal for Nantes this year and might lead that club to a UCL spot. He's been one of their best players and he would definitely be great here. When Lampard is gone and if Poku does in fact get sold or traded, then CAM goes from a strength to a weakness. If we were able to get him for TAM and then sign another DP after Lampard, our team is absolutely stacked.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
What moves do people think we could realistically make during the summer? Considering we really can't make a DP move, well, unless the player was signed to a low cost half year then signed him to a DP contract for following year...

I'm not so much basing it off of USMNT form(though I think he plays well for us when in the right position) but his club form. He has been phenomenal for Nantes this year and might lead that club to a UCL spot. He's been one of their best players and he would definitely be great here. When Lampard is gone and if Poku does in fact get sold or traded, then CAM goes from a strength to a weakness. If we were able to get him for TAM and then sign another DP after Lampard, our team is absolutely stacked.
I'm being serious when I ask this: outside of PSG, is any team in the French league really any good?

What moves do people think we could realistically make during the summer? Considering we really can't make a DP move, well, unless the player was signed to a low cost half year then signed him to a DP contract for following year...
Barring a Galaxy Special, I'm hoping for a TAM player this summer.

Yeah, Bedoya is a great player, but do we really need to add another CAM? I know Lamps is most likely gone this season, but considering Mix, Poku, and TMac already on our roster, I'd rather see us spend money on defense, GK, or a winger (where we actually might be developing a good deal of depth - definitely wont say we currently have depth there though)
Depth analysis:
  • Front: Villa, TT, Khiry, Mullins, Mendoza, Harrison
  • Mid: Pirlo, Mix, TMac, Bravo, Lopez, Poku, Frank
  • Back: Mata, Mena, Brillant, Hernandez, White, Iraola, RJ, Martinez
For a non-DP, for me, the choice is clear. Add to the D. At this point the only person in back I'd feel sad to see pushed out of the starting XI would be Mata. For a DP I think I'd most like to see another mid. As much as we have a packed field there, we know Frank is done this year and Pirlo next. Up front, I really want to see all 6 of those players get time. In mid, the only player I want to see that I haven't yet is Poku. So if we had to add a new DP who was going to push everyone else another position back on the depth chart, I'd want to add at mid.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Even the camp against using a DP spot on a defender would have to be somewhat interested in this. Matarrita - Kompany - Brillant/Mena would be incredible.
I think this becomes even more interesting, and more viable/exciting as a DP spot, when considered in the context of a 3-man backline. A DP who anchors us and (given the formation) enables us to move an additional body forward/be more dynamic in who moves forward and how, well that is interesting.