NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

I'm not so much basing it off of USMNT form(though I think he plays well for us when in the right position) but his club form. He has been phenomenal for Nantes this year and might lead that club to a UCL spot. He's been one of their best players and he would definitely be great here. When Lampard is gone and if Poku does in fact get sold or traded, then CAM goes from a strength to a weakness. If we were able to get him for TAM and then sign another DP after Lampard, our team is absolutely stacked.
I am not his fan either, based on limited number of USMNT games. But I would take your word on how well he is thriving in France. What explains the performance difference, if there is one? klinsmann's fault or something else? Or he simply grown since then?

I think this becomes even more interesting, and more viable/exciting as a DP spot, when considered in the context of a 3-man backline. A DP who anchors us and (given the formation) enables us to move an additional body forward/be more dynamic in who moves forward and how, well that is interesting.
Too early to assume he would be remotely interestedin us. Inspite of his injury, Kompany is still a top CB in the world. He could easily be picked up by another European club before we have our chance. But I sure hope we can sign him. And if we get to add Messi and CR later on... We can be true contenders

I think this becomes even more interesting, and more viable/exciting as a DP spot, when considered in the context of a 3-man backline. A DP who anchors us and (given the formation) enables us to move an additional body forward/be more dynamic in who moves forward and how, well that is interesting.

I don't think that it would be a bad idea to sign a DP center back who could help push us into the upper half of the goals against average, but we also have to remember that Iraola's contract (which is worth DP-lite money) will be coming off the books, and with that money we can buy the contract of a damn good center back while using the DP spot on an offensive player.

On a side note, I'm really hoping that Iraola lives up to the player we thought he was. His talent would be a welcome addition to this team.

I just want to sign a guy that can consistently head the ball on goal when we have corner kicks.... The fact that we have to run basketball set pieces to get a shot (via a kick) on goal from a corner kick is crazy !!!

I just want to sign a guy that can consistently head the ball on goal when we have corner kicks.... The fact that we have to run basketball set pieces to get a shot (via a kick) on goal from a corner kick is crazy !!!
I hear there's a big Slovak striker by the name of Adam Nemec available

I think Kompany would be a poor choice. Frankly, I'd rather have Caceres. Kompany lacks the pace we need. And let's be honest, what was the last solid defensive line he captained?

I understand he has been a very good player, but I don't see our club as a good fit for him and his talents. Far more likely guess to me is that he would end up at mid-table EPL club or even in Ligue 1.

I'll grant you this, he'd be a damn sight better than MDM. But I would pass if I were King (or Prince).

Reactions: JayH
I still think we should try and get Peter Crouch on a non DP contract. He is huge has ball skill and can hold up play to involve the midfield. He is the piece of the puzzle we're missing. Granted Lord Nemec did not work out but Crouch is a different breed of big man.

Reactions: Kjbert
MDM likely won't sniff the MC starting 11 again after today, and I'm praying he won't sniff ours either regardless of the price.
One game where you made three or four mistakes and yet your team loses by only 1-0 doesn't mark the end of one's career. I think Man City had something like 26 shots and only 5 on target. Seems a bit harsh to blame that one a defender having a so-so night. And to be honest that match reminded me a lot of our Friday night match against Orlando. One goal early with us then having a million shots that didn't go in. Don't think I'd roll my eyes at either defense all that much when the offense wasn't able to get some goals.

One game where you made three or four mistakes and yet your team loses by only 1-0 doesn't mark the end of one's career. I think Man City had something like 26 shots and only 5 on target. Seems a bit harsh to blame that one a defender having a so-so night. And to be honest that match reminded me a lot of our Friday night match against Orlando. One goal early with us then having a million shots that didn't go in. Don't think I'd roll my eyes at either defense all that much when the offense wasn't able to get some goals.
All fair, though he has been on the decline for a while it seems and generally out of favor. His performance today was a further bad sign of his trajectory, at least as far as earning the starting 11 on a team like MC. His pedigree is (was) of course high standard, but I'm not a fan of bringing in a 36 year old to captain our D.

All fair, though he has been on the decline for a while it seems and generally out of favor. His performance today was a further bad sign of his trajectory, at least as far as earning the starting 11 on a team like MC. His pedigree is (was) of course high standard, but I'm not a fan of bringing in a 36 year old to captain our D.
Totally agree with that last bit.

Another thing I just thought of was that he might've been feeling a lot of pressure to perform without Kompany there. Not an excuse, but maybe a factor.

Reactions: JayH
demichelis played worse in that game than any nycfc has ever played. hes been consistantly rubbish and off the pace all season but this was horrific compared to those games. he wouldnt be able to cope with anybody like Accam etc so best to pass on this one imo. if we could get a young DP CB that would be perfect but i still have hope that what we have will do ok once they settle into PV's system

MDM has looked really bad this year. It's too bad because he seems like a genuinely nice guy and a leader in the locker room.

Anyone who won't take Ibra because he plays the same position as David Villa should lose their posting privileges.

Don't want Demichelis anywhere near our team. He played like shit, and that back pass to Hart was the laziest thing I've ever seen in the PL and cost MCFC and their national team a goalie for now. I don't want him anywhere near New York, but unfortunately we aren't the ones who get to make that decision. Things will get shaken up a lot I am sure once Pep comes in and cuts Demi/Yaya/etc., and I just hope we don't get some lazy old DP dumped on us when it happens. Send them to Shanghai.

#mobilepost/rant

Reactions: Shane1988 and Gene
lots of rumours that pep plans to keep yaya, i think next season he could do a great job as an impact sub for MCFC and has been playing better recently.

Reactions: Kjbert
lots of rumours that pep plans to keep yaya, i think next season he could do a great job as an impact sub for MCFC and has been playing better recently.

I good with whatever happens with Yaya as long as it doesn't involve him joining NYCFC.

Reactions: BxLio91