NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Like everyone said I really like to see NYCFC get a Giovinco type, someone who in his prime, Mid to Late 20, someone who can offer us something not someone after a last pay check

Schweinstger could be available this summer, I could see a move to the MLS for him (don't think NYCFC though), United ready to move him on due to his persistent injuries and rapid decline, guess Bayern was right to sell him last summer

Reactions: Kjbert
Michael Carrick is also not being offered a new contract. And before sbrylski jumps down my throat or the throat of Shane1988 Shane1988 - we're just mentioning names that may be available.

Reactions: Shane1988
Like everyone said I really like to see NYCFC get a Giovinco type, someone who in his prime, Mid to Late 20, someone who can offer us something not someone after a last pay check
But who? A player still in his prime who's likely riding the pine, Chicharito before his move would have been a perfect example. Off the top of my head here are players who are under 30 and out of favor with their current coach

Loic Remy -29
Andre Schurrle -25
Samir Nasri -28
Mario Balotelli -25
Moussa Sissoko -26
Marouane Fellaini - 28

Over 30:
Radamel Falcao - 30
Fernando Torres -32

But who? A player still in his prime who's likely riding the pine, Chicharito before his move would have been a perfect example. Off the top of my head here are players who are under 30 and out of favor with their current coach

Loic Remy -29
Andre Schurrle -25
Samir Nasri -28
Mario Balotelli -25
Moussa Sissoko -26
Marouane Fellaini - 28

Over 30:
Radamel Falcao - 30
Fernando Torres -32
If anyone who watches Serie A or the Bundesliga, or literally any other league can add names to this list I'm all for it.

The shine is off of Adnan Januzaj at this point. I am sure he still has big dreams to play in Europe, but he hasn't won favor in England or on loan, and will be 26(ish) when his contract is up at Man U in 2018 (I believe). Not saying he's even a remote possibility, but he's the perfect mold of a guy like Gio or Chicha who has a world of potential but for whatever reason it's not fully clicking in Europe. Gio was a home run. Chicha was allegedly close and would have been a home run. A guy like Januzaj would be a home run.

Does anyone remember how well rated Gio was when he came into the league? Was it "holy @#%$, Toronto signed Gio" or "eh, Toronto got some dude that couldn't hack it in Serie A"?

I feel like Nasri, Balo, and Torres are the only big enough names on NYCFCfan NYCFCfan's list. (Not commenting on any of their skill, just the publicity/marketing side of it.)

Does anyone remember how well rated Gio was when he came into the league? Was it "holy @#%$, Toronto signed Gio" or "eh, Toronto got some dude that couldn't hack it in Serie A"?

I feel like Nasri, Balo, and Torres are the only big enough names on NYCFCfan NYCFCfan's list. (Not commenting on any of their skill, just the publicity/marketing side of it.)
My recollection is that it was considered a real coup, though I'm not sure there was a consensus that he would immediately become the best player in the league and put up, perhaps, the best season in league history.

It was definitely viewed as a potential game-changer for MLS. He was a dangerous player for the best team in Serie A, winning league titles, playing for the national team, and in the Champs League, but just happened to fall out of form a bit in his last season with Juve, and also was competing with some world-class talent for first team minutes (Tevez, Morata, etc.). The signing was definitely an attention-grabber.

I think another important category to look at besides out of favor with their club, but out of favor/retired from their national teams. That is another reason Nasri is perfect candidate.

Loic Remy -29
Andre Schurrle -25
Samir Nasri -28
Mario Balotelli -25
Moussa Sissoko -26
Marouane Fellaini - 28

Over 30:
Radamel Falcao - 30
Fernando Torres -32

Loic Remy - Yeah would make sense, still a lot to offer and I think would be a good pick up for a MLS team

Andre Schurrle - Think he stay at Wolfsburg

Samir Nasri - Some European team will get him, think France, Italy, Turkey but wouldnt rule out America

Mario Balotelli - I would stay away as far as I can for him, not worth the headache, I wouldnt even wish him on the NYRB, the biggest disappointment since Freddy Adu

Moussa Sissoko - Hmmm think he would prefer a move to a top European team first, maybe the next club after the next club

Marouane Fellaini - Got Italy/Turkey all over him, gotta build the team around him as well

Over 30:
Radamel Falcao - China!!!! two bad injuries has ruined him, he done, not worth a DP

Fernando Torres - Close friends with David Villa, could see a MLS move for him, depends on Atletico first

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
The shine is off of Adnan Januzaj at this point. I am sure he still has big dreams to play in Europe, but he hasn't won favor in England or on loan, and will be 26(ish) when his contract is up at Man U in 2018 (I believe). Not saying he's even a remote possibility, but he's the perfect mold of a guy like Gio or Chicha who has a world of potential but for whatever reason it's not fully clicking in Europe. Gio was a home run. Chicha was allegedly close and would have been a home run. A guy like Januzaj would be a home run.

Attitude problem that's the issue with him, very talented though and I agree you though, first it depends if Mourinho wants to keep him at United, I still see some decent European team going for him first, maybe the next move after the next month