NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Podolski's only 30 and can play LW, anyone know how he's looked at Galatasaray this year?

Wes Sneijder almost came to MLS last year. I think the next big run is on the Turkish Super Lig.

Crazy rumor that the Chinese government is offering Zlatan €75 million a year :eek:

A lot of good Serie A players that would see a nice pay bump if they moved to MLS. Kinda shocked how little some of these pros make:

http://gazzettaworld.gazzetta.it/gallery/serie-a-2015-player-salary/?refresh_ce-cp
Serie A salaries are always listed as net instead of gross for some reason. For example, De Rossi is actually making 13 million a year at Roma. Not 6.5

But really, MLS should be raiding Italy right now. Lots of very technically gifted players that aren't considered good enough for the top teams, but would still bring a lot of quality in MLS

Crazy rumor that the Chinese government is offering Zlatan €75 million a year :eek:

Serie A salaries are always listed as net instead of gross for some reason. For example, De Rossi is actually making 13 million a year at Roma. Not 6.5

But really, MLS should be raiding Italy right now. Lots of very technically gifted players that aren't considered good enough for the top teams, but would still bring a lot of quality in MLS
I think a lot of European leagues negotiate contracts based on net pay so that the team takes the risk on tax rate changes. This created some interesting issues in recent years when some European countries were hiking their tax rates applicable to high earners.

It does feel like Italy should be a good hunting ground for MLS.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
I think he could do a job in MLS, I've never rated him highly in the way he was hyped as a kid tbh but he a decent player

Yeah, he never lived up to the hype but I think he would do well in the MLS. He's got a canon. He also seems to be a good teammate and he's pretty entertaining off the field on social media. He seems like his personality would be a good fit for NYC.

Reactions: Shane1988
The shine is off of Adnan Januzaj at this point. I am sure he still has big dreams to play in Europe, but he hasn't won favor in England or on loan, and will be 26(ish) when his contract is up at Man U in 2018 (I believe). Not saying he's even a remote possibility, but he's the perfect mold of a guy like Gio or Chicha who has a world of potential but for whatever reason it's not fully clicking in Europe. Gio was a home run. Chicha was allegedly close and would have been a home run. A guy like Januzaj would be a home run.
Januzaj is only 21, man. And he's surplus to requirements at BVB mainly because Pulisic (and likely Passlack) is already better.

Your principle is correct, though.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Disclaimer, this won't happen, but I'd love for MLS to try to land a player like Mario Gotze. He played well enough at Dortmund to land a big transfer to Bayern, isn't currently staring with Bayern (losing him wouldn't kill them), scored the World Cup winner, and he's only 23. He'd be a young player you could build a team around for a significant time presuming he stayed. I'd love for our next DP to be someone like him.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Disclaimer, this won't happen, but I'd love for MLS to try to land a player like Mario Gotze. He played well enough at Dortmund to land a big transfer to Bayern, isn't currently staring with Bayern (losing him wouldn't kill them), scored the World Cup winner, and he's only 23. He'd be a young player you could build a team around for a significant time presuming he stayed. I'd love for our next DP to be someone like him.
Good luck convincing ANYONE to pay the 80+ million transfer fee it would take to bring him to MLS. Plus the 15-20 mil you'd offer in salary to make him even think about committing career suicide.

He hasn't started because he was out injured for a few months due to an injury with the national team, and only recently got back with the first team training. Also, for whatever reason Pep desires to play him out on the wing, even though Götze is a "10"/ CAM. With Pep leaving and Ancelotti coming in, not being one to put players out of position, Götze should have a better chance of showing the skill he had while playing behind Lewandowski.

Would be awesome to have him over here though.

Reactions: Ulrich