Nycfc Revealed Pictures Videos And Discussion

I think some folks are really over-exaggerating. Sure, it's similar to the MC kit, but it's also similar to a lot of other kits. Yes, they could have made it more of their own with some details, but I'm really glad they didn't over do it. It's a classic design and it looks great. Great enough to wear it out daily. I have no complaints here.
I won't be buying it. Your designs were 1000x better.

But yours were unique enough that I would have been ok with it. Most of us don't mind the sky blue, our problem is that if we wanted a Man City jersey we could have just bought one and put a NYCFC sticker on the crest.

Reactions: Gene and Coop
On to tomorrow and getting a high dispersal draft spot and getting some more players.

Reactions: Paul
But yours were unique enough that I would have been ok with it. Most of us don't mind the sky blue, our problem is that if we wanted a Man City jersey we could have just bought one and put a NYCFC sticker on the crest.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the inclusion of sky blue as a color. That's fine, its part of our identity. Just as could be navy blue and pinstripes and orange. The problem is, as you stated, it is not unique at all.

Its a classic look. There is nothing wrong with clean & simple.

(However, Drainyoo's designs are better)

Overall, great event.

In addition, since this is a discussion (some are going to take this the wrong way)... Third Rail: I loved the pride, the numbers that showed up, the passion; but I think Third Rail needed to act more professional at the event. With our executive team, CEO of Etihad Airways, corpo sponsors, media, etc. all present, shouldn't be interrupting speakers and hitting spectators with streamers. There's a way to act in the bleachers and there is a way to act at events.

I guess I am one of the few who like the kit, it was bound to be similar everyone knew that but i really like the look of it. I mean if it's a nice kit no need to go try and do something exotic or different for the hell of it imo

Reactions: Paul and MyBoyVilla
You're right, I'll be sure to not voice my opinion anymore
Guys guys guys lets chill.
This kit will be 50/50. Half love it half hate it.
To each their own. Let's voice our opinions but no need to call each other out. We have our reasons. I like it and hate it. I love the sky blue but I hate that we didn't differentiate ourselves and set an image for ourselves.

Definitely see where you're coming from, and I too would have preferred something a little more unique, but at the same time did we really expect something so different? Our colors are the same as MC, and we all knew that Ethiad would be the sponsor. With those two things, it's hard for it to not look like MC.

Also, keep in mind that this is just the first jersey. Each year it will most likely change a bit. Maybe the jersey becomes more unique over time. But, I do think there will always be an MC element to it. After all, they own the team, and they're trying to build a global presence.

Can we all agree that the kit is beautiful and one of the best in the league? I think we can.

Reactions: Paul and Vito
Missed a big chance to make good on their promise of not treating NYCFC as Man City Lite. They can talk all they want about this being a separate, autonomous team but this isn't helping things.

But why does this kit change that? The fact that the team is in a separate league and city, I would say that already makes it autonomous. What are folks afraid of? That they're going to change the name of the team to Manchester City? I don't understand the fear with being associated with MC.

Reactions: Paul and juventuz
Its a classic look. There is nothing wrong with clean & simple.

(However, Drainyoo's designs are better)

Thanks!

In addition, since this is a discussion (some are going to take this the wrong way)... Third Rail: I loved the pride, the numbers that showed up, the passion; but I think Third Rail needed to act more professional at the event. With our executive team, CEO of Etihad Airways, corpo sponsors, media, etc. all present, shouldn't be interrupting speakers and hitting spectators with streamers. There's a way to act in the bleachers and there is a way to act at events.

I totally agree. Not only were they quiet when they were suppose to be loud, they started that chant at the worst possible time. Right in the middle of the host talking.

And what's with that chant? I don't remember it word-for-word, but it's something about being the only team in NY. Really? That's the chant they're going with? Sounds so petty and childish. Who cares about RB. We need to get over it. They need to create a chant that represents the team and the fans. Something inspiring and powerful, not a taunt that you'd hear in a school playground.

Last edited:

From the stream, they honestly didn't appear to be loud enough. The Etihad stuff was pretty hamfisted - this event didn't know whether it was a hype event or a corporate presser. I'm not surprised TR didn't know which it was either.

Reactions: Section1Guy