Nycfc Seeks To Claim Jack Harrison As Homegrown

Do we know how long these usually take? And when would a decision have to be made by? The day before the draft or sooner?

Reactions: adam
Do we know how long these usually take? And when would a decision have to be made by? The day before the draft or sooner?
Probably will unfold just like "late" approval for a mortgage compared to when the closing for the property takes place later in the week....

Reyna: "Hey Don, so is Jack considered Homegrown or not?"
DG: "Not sure, the paperwork isn't yet complete and reviewed."
Reyna: "OK, fine. But earlier today Jack told his old coach at MSC that he's ready to sign either Dortmund's or Leicester's offers tomorrow. We're going to lose him."
DG: "OK, the paperwork is now complete. He's HG."
Reyna: "Thanks."

Probably will unfold just like "late" approval for a mortgage compared to when the closing for the property takes place later in the week....

Reyna: "Hey Don, so is Jack considered Homegrown or not?"
DG: "Not sure, the paperwork isn't yet complete and reviewed."
Reyna: "OK, fine. But earlier today Jack told his old coach at MSC that he's ready to sign either Dortmund's or Leicester's offers tomorrow. We're going to lose him."
DG: "OK, the paperwork is now complete. He's HG."
Reyna: "Thanks."

Ulrich Ulrich on a roll this week.

Reactions: Seth
Who is this scrub and can he play CB?

Not a scrub. Gatorade High School player of the year in High School last year. This year was the freshman of the year in college.

Plays MF.

He's in England now (home for him) and he's meeting with English teams.

Someone above mentioned that NYCFC could coax the league into making him a homegrown because of this.

He's in England now (home for him) and he's meeting with English teams.

Someone above mentioned that NYCFC could coax the league into making him a homegrown because of this.

If that's the case then I think it doesn't matter if MLS grants or not, if he is that good im sure he gets trials at least in some championship sides and may stay there

Reactions: Kjbert
If that's the case then I think it doesn't matter if MLS grants or not, if he is that good im sure he gets trials at least in some championship sides and may stay there
He's 19. His high school years were spent in America. He may be a completely adventurous kid and relish the chance to play in the Championship, but he may also want to be closer to home where he can see his family & friends and play for a club that has less immediate pressure and a more direct pipeline to the Premier League. Don't discount that a hard sell from NYCFC will include the proposition that staring in MLS could quickly pave a transfer to Man City.

I'd hate to lose him that way, but at the same time it'd be great to see a kid grow & shine here and then move on to a massive team because he earned it. In twenty years, the flow of talent will likely be reversed, but for now I'm content if we're part of a pipeline that can draw talent.