Nycfc Supporters Team?

lawson

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 28, 2014
Kenilworth, NJ
I think it would be a great idea for us to socialize outside of bars so I think it would be kind of cool to enter a soccer team into a local league. Could be a couple of small sided teams or a full sided team whatever.

Don't they run a load of leagues up at pier 40? If so, would anyone else be interested?

I'm interested, although it's been a while since I've put my boots on. Keep us posted/let me know if you need help.

If you want to start something up right away NYCsocial has simple indoor/outdoor leagues to enter. Matches are held in different parts of the city.

http://www.nycsocialsportsclub.com/index.php/soccer.html

Summer registration is open. This may be a good place to start just to get it going.

I'm interested, although it's been a while since I've put my boots on. Keep us posted/let me know if you need help.

If you want to start something up right away NYCsocial has simple indoor/outdoor leagues to enter. Matches are held in different parts of the city.

http://www.nycsocialsportsclub.com/index.php/soccer.html

Summer registration is open. This may be a good place to start just to get it going.

Awesome! This is completely open to all supporters and in no way do I see it as being a serious or competitive team. Young, old, veteran, novice its all good. I myself like to think Im a decent player, when in reality I am bang average :)

I did also put this to the FB group and about 10 guys from there said they were interested. I therefore propose we have a pick-up game on Saturday 31st to gauge real interest and then discuss entering a league from there!

Samuel Youn Samuel Youn do you live in the city? I am from Jersey myself (although only about a 15 minute drive from Manhattan) and I would definitely need someones help in finding a field for the pick up event. I would envisage its quite difficult to secure a field in NYC on a Saturday afternoon!

Awesome! This is completely open to all supporters and in no way do I see it as being a serious or competitive team. Young, old, veteran, novice its all good. I myself like to think Im a decent player, when in reality I am bang average :)

I did also put this to the FB group and about 10 guys from there said they were interested. I therefore propose we have a pick-up game on Saturday 31st to gauge real interest and then discuss entering a league from there!

Samuel Youn Samuel Youn do you live in the city? I am from Jersey myself (although only about a 15 minute drive from Manhattan) and I would definitely need someones help in finding a field for the pick up event. I would envisage its quite difficult to secure a field in NYC on a Saturday afternoon!

Glad to help. I live in Manhattan (downtown/fidi). Fields in the lower half of Manhattan are hard to come by for reserved personal use. Most places are signed up through recreational leagues.

I used to live in Spanish Harlem (125th st on the east side) and they have fields up there that are decent and usually empty. I've actually played a few pick up games with my puerto rican neighbors up there. I know of a spot that's never reserved (turf field) but doesn't have goals, just a fenced in area. The neighborhood is a bit rough when looking at it from the outside but it's 100% safe. Let me know if you think that could work. The only thing is people will be travelling for this and I don't want to set something up if it's not 100% guaranteed so I'll look into some other options for the 31st.

We have a long weekend coming up, maybe we can meet and play a game this weekend as well if we can find a spot in time.

This weekend is unpopular as a lot of people have plans already, I know I do - I'll be acting like a rowdy frat boy down in Point Pleasant ;)

I have absolutely no qualms with travelling to Spanish Harlem. Im sure it wont be too bad for other either, at the end of the day its a one-off pick up game so we can try and get this team off the ground.

Reactions: DiRoma
True, people probably already have plans. I'll be at a rave.

frat-bro-dan-meme-06.jpg

Reactions: lawson
I stated my interest on the facebook group but I will repeat it here. Also, East Harlem is the bomb! I worked there last year and ain't nobody getting shot up there fo sho. But seriously it's sweet I wish I still worked up there.

I'm down. Every team needs at least one Spaniard these days.. :D

I'll keep you boys updated. Early feeling seems to be that we should all meet up at Pier 40 and take our chances

I hear ya. As I would imagine there is going to be a fair sized group of us it shouldn't be hard to challenge another group to a game or something

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
Hey lawson lawson do we have a general time we are doing the pick-up game? I need to block my schedule for referee assignments and depending on the time of the pick-up game I might be able to allow some time in the morning to referee. Thanks!

I would say aiming for around a 4pm meet or something C CornellBigRed
I'm down to jump in. I've been itching to play, although I'm out of shape and have no skill.

I used to be a good baseball player if that helps (college).

Also, I live nearby pier 40 and my wife would like to see me do something other than watch matches on tv all day Saturday.