Nycfc Transfers - Summer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have argued the following with many and a few vehemently disagree with me.

Mls is better off recruiting defensive players in europe where athletes are more fit and atheltic. The mls is a run first technical skill second. In any mls tryout they make you run a certain number of miles and you must do so in a specific time to cut it.

In central and south america the players are first technically skilled then true athletes. This has been adjusting with global soccer but overall only argentinians, uruguayans and paraguayans have done ok due to the "garra" or passion they play with.

I believe Mena has the skills for his position. We are demanding fans in a market like NY but expecting this man to adjust to a country, language, league, coach, teammates and system in less than a month is a bit unreal.

Id like for him to really get reps with facey, iraola and angelino. jason dont touch those four no matter what happens. If they fuck up, you yell, teach, watch game film, practice and do it again. He has to take english classes so he can communicate with others, talk shot to rivals and intimidate and hear what others say. Its all part of the game.

Im excited about this team. I love what we have going on. Yes i want to win, yes we've spent money and demand results, well im enjoying even the losses. This is what soccer is about. Pain and agony at times and glory and happiness at others.

I am hype about what we can do if we play smart, tough and together. But know that it takes time.

Im in this for life, i live ny and i love nycfc.

Just had to get that out. Been wanting to say that with all the crazy talk lately. Jason fucked up and he has to keep it moving. You don't fire a guy for that, you talk to him and keep it moving.

Lets go NYCFC.

Great point. Pellegrini it is. If the rumor is true that ManCity is going to replace him, let us have him next season! If money is issue, start a fan funded pool. Am sure we can raise a few millions that way. The group chips in a few millions on top that's more than enough.
Pass a collection plate around YS right after lineup is announced. We'll have the Pellegrini fund full after two games.

Great point. Pellegrini it is. If the rumor is true that ManCity is going to replace him, let us have him next season! If money is issue, start a fan funded pool. Am sure we can raise a few millions that way. The group chips in a few millions on top that's more than enough.
Do we really think that if CFG wants to replace Pelligrini at Man City, that Pelligrini would go to another CFG team in NYCFC???

Call me a skeptic if you want, but I don't see any reason why Pelligrini would do that. He would basically be getting fired by his employer (CFG) to then go work for the same employer in NYCFC.

The defense of NYCFC is horrendous. Sure we feel Hernandez, Facey and maybe Mena are the best and perhaps they have some qualities. But Hernandez was on his way out at SJ, he was a bench warmer at best. Facey has promise and he's young but I doubt he'd ever start for a winning MLS side unless they had extreme depth issues. I can't judge Mena but nothing exceptional so far. Some of us get all excited about these fellas but in reality all they are is less bad than other defenders. Iraola hasn't impressed yet and according to FIFA he is the highest rated defender in MLS. Angelino doesn't count since he plays winger not LB.

If I were charge of NYCFC transfers I would pour everything into defenders and maybe a quality CDM.

Do we really think that if CFG wants to replace Pelligrini at Man City, that Pelligrini would go to another CFG team in NYCFC???

Call me a skeptic if you want, but I don't see any reason why Pelligrini would do that. He would basically be getting fired by his employer (CFG) to then go work for the same employer in NYCFC.
Valid point, sir. However, CFG can structure this as a reassignment, giving Pelligrini another great challenge to work on. if the group handles it right and the money is offered. after all, being replaced by Pep Guardiola is not a great shame (although i personally think Pep is overrated)

I think the guy who would do wonders in MLS is David Moyes. His style (or lack thereof) would translate very well here.

So Pellegrini gets demoted here because he's not good enough for Man City but people want him here? Might as well change our crest and name to Man City.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
I like Pellegrini, but I agree. Its very unlikely that they would fire him at Man City to then bring him over here. I think there are still plenty of clubs in Europe that would want to sign him up.

For the record, his contract expires in a year, so CFG wouldn't fire Pellegrini, they would just wait for his contract to end and shake his hand goodbye. CFG never really wanted to get rid of him, they just always saw him as a stopgap and never had any intention of renewing his contract. They're actually trying quite hard to shake the tag of being an employer which fires managers early - which of course may not be what the KreisOutters want to hear.

Summer window is now closed. Rosters aren't frozen until September 15th so we can still add out of contract player until then but I doubt even that will happen.

Yeah, I was kind of expecting another minor signing. It's so hard to know where we're at with the salary cap, though.

For the record, his contract expires in a year, so CFG wouldn't fire Pellegrini, they would just wait for his contract to end and shake his hand goodbye. CFG never really wanted to get rid of him, they just always saw him as a stopgap and never had any intention of renewing his contract. They're actually trying quite hard to shake the tag of being an employer which fires managers early - which of course may not be what the KreisOutters want to hear.
Pellegrini's contract was extended today, going until June 2017.

Pellegrini's contract was extended today, going until June 2017.
At least it proves we are after the right kind of guy, highly sought after :)
Its like NY restaurant situation, no one likes a crowded restaurant but usually only the crowded restaurants are the ones you want to dine at.

Status
Not open for further replies.