Nycfc V Toronto Motm And Postgame

Discuss....

Look VERY dangerous going forward with Iraola and Angelino. With a wider field it will be even more dangerous. Need Poku to start and keep Macnamara with him. Mac Poku Lampard and Mix till Pirlo comes.
Bravo to Mullins has been great.
Wingert and KWS can not put on our shirt in the starting lineup again.
The MOTM hasn't been updated yet. Let's just assume it's villa. Dude fought hard all game.
[voopl=2015-07-12][/voopl]

Lol @ Kreis.
That quote in the tweet. He's a fucking caricature of himself at this point.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
My thoughts after calming down

Saunders is a really good shot stopper. He's poor tactically. He's a poor distributor. He can't set up a wall to save his life. At one point in the game, it was obvious that Iraola just said, "F This," and was taking control of defensive positioning. It was like watching a tee ball game and the coach was on the field.

I was dissapoitned in Iraola's debut. Shows promise, but was mediocre defensively. I'll give him a pass as this was his first run out. Thought he played well going forward but it was obvious he had no connection with the team. Will be fun to see though if he fits in.

Kwame - Can't say anythign that hasn't already been said. Thought he actually played decent the first 15 or so minutes. I was surprised. A couple of nice challenges and then couldn't come close on a header that needs to be put in the net. Lost me when he didn't hustle back on the first goal. That was his fault.

Facey - solid as always. Giovinco and Toronto didn't even bother to go at him.

Wingert - miserable. His best play beyond the one tackle was when he jumped on Giovinco's back at the end of the game.

Angelino - WOW! What pace, what hustle. Great first touch. Creative player for a LB. Plays with flair. Thinks he's the best player on the field. Should be our starting Fullback out left.

Jacobsen - thought he was really strong tonight. Made up for a lot of the bad defense behind us. Was smart with distribution except for a few errant passes. All in all, a really good effort for him tonight. I don't know what the new formation will be, but I would like to see him in it.

McNamara - Played well. Not creative enough to play out wide. Thought his work rate was strong.

Grabavoy - had a nice touch towards the end of the game in the box. All in - mediocre game again. I understand why he stayed in late though as he can play wide left, but I'm sick of watching him play. Poor touch and poor distribution. Very bad field vision too.

Ballouchy - thought he put in a really nice effort today. A guy I want to see stick around. Very possibly could be our starting LM here in a few weeks and I would be OK with that. He's really become enjoyable to watch. Plays hard defensively. Plays with fight and spirit, but not dumb like RJ Allen.

Mullins - another solid effort here. I don't think he's a starter in this league just yet, but he played well today. Made 0 quality runs though.

Villa - great effort today. Even the best miss PKs. You could tell that he was energized by Iraola and Angelino. Angelino was fun to watch connect with him - like meeting your idol.

Poku - incomplete. Did nothing special today. But it's obvious the offense flows stronger when he is out there.

Pablo Alvarez - incomplete. Did nothing today.

A very sober and realistic analysis. 2 things of the best of today's game is that we saved a point. Will the team make the playoffs ? There is still hope and lets pray that "El Capitan Villa" remains healthy and injury free. Second thing is that El Capitan has 9 Dianas in his tally. Congrats Capi.

Reactions: Kjbert
But on the other hand, why is it okay for him to be so cocksure? It kills me that that's considered okay, when it's obviously targeted to defend wrong positions.

Fuck. It. I don't care who likes me or doesn't. I like everybody. Even when you're wrong. But I will call you out when you're wrong, just like I'll take it when I'm wrong.

Life's a dance or some shit. And Kreis is a dunce. We'll all improve together I suppose.[/QUOT
Drink on Midas, you couldn't possibly say anything that is more embarrassing and offensive then Kwame's play tonight. I have never seen a worse performance from a "professional" in my life in any sport. Let us not forget he also missed an open goal header as well.[/QUOTE

One time i was so fucked up and posting on a local board in my town that my post was like this

fuxk billk hes is afunk ashol dwjkhqi''6 that last part was me passing out on the keyboard.
and fuck Indiana and most of the midwest except for ohio and people from the UP

One time i was so fucked up and posting on a local board in my town that my post was like this

fuxk billk hes is afunk ashol dwjkhqi''6 that last part was me passing out on the keyboard.

Now I know what people mean when they don't understand my posts. I bow to this effort.

I still think Kreis is a dunce, however.

Well, I picked a hell of a game to be my first.

I had a great time all around. I sat in Section 204, on the bleachers. Great seating but the heat was brutal with no shade.

As far as the game, the first 15 minutes were awesome and I expected to cruise to an easy victory. But after the first goal, it just felt like Toronto was going to just keep scoring. They ran up and down the wing with complete control and it was really frustrating to watch.

Poku, as always, brought excitement to the game and I would of bet a large sum he was going to score that last minute. You could of felt it in the stadium, it would of been incredible.

I was tempted to throw my beer at Nemec when he was warming up ( I don't think anyone thought he was actually going to play ) but I didn't want to throw 9 bucks down the drain.

I'm looking forward to my next game.

Angelino looked very good. Iraola had some miscues. We need Pirlo bad. Our midfield was clueless not to know to sit back and play the gap once our fullbacks make a run. A lot of positives besides our crap defense...but Giovinco was the best player on the pitch. Needed those points though.

I made this post in the Angelino player thread. NYCFC914 posted it on twitter. Angelino favorited it.
ANGELINO. NEVER END THE LOAN. DON'T GO BACK HOME.
Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 9.20.03 PM.png

Someone just put this on Twitter I wonder what's going on with Seba, I wonder if he's on the team but about to get cut.

He was hanging out with calle in the stadium shop before the game trying on Yankees hats. Place was packed and I didn't notice anyone recognize them.

Reactions: Gavin23 and Kjbert
Angelino looked very good. Iraola had some miscues. We need Pirlo bad. Our midfield was clueless not to know to sit back and play the gap once our fullbacks make a run. A lot of positives besides our crap defense...but Giovinco was the best player on the pitch. Needed those points though.
That's my issue. How can some of our guys be so dense? And I don't mean rookies or n00bs to MLS, I'm talking about the folks whose respective penii are permanent residents of Kreis throat.

Reactions: Gavin23 and NickA
Thoughts about the game from a die-hard Red Bulls fan who picked up a last-minute ticket today just for the enjoyment of watching some live soccer. This was the first time I have attended a soccer game at Yankee Stadium...

- For all the talk about how bad Yankee Stadium is for soccer, from my seats behind the goal on the first base side, I didn't think it was that bad at all. Sure the infield being visible under the sod isn't pretty (and lets be honest no one thinks it is), but I never felt once during the game that the being in a baseball stadium really took a lot away from it. I'm sure if I sat behind home plate though I would have a different opinion.

- The field is small, but I felt like because of that, more of the play was spent near the goals and not near the midfield. And that's a good thing. Nobody pays to see guys kick the ball around the midfield.

- Villa and Giovinco -- what performances. It's amazing to think how entertaining these guys are for just being in the league for a couple months. Every time they touched the ball it was exciting. Villa is clearly a fan favorite in the same way Red Bulls fans adore Henry. A euro star who is kind of like an ambassador for the team. I could tell how much the fans liked Villa. People were chanting his name all game.

- The leather-y seats are nice and comfy and are much better than hard back chairs, but the heat today made them uncomfortable if you were in the sun.

- The supporters section today just didn't work. Maybe it was the heat, but I felt like after the 12th minute the intensity really died down and I couldn't make out most of the chants coming from the supporters for the rest of the game. I saw a lot of people just standing around doing nothing. And city beats certainly didn't help. Once they starting playing (never in sync with the supporters), you couldn't hear the supporters at all. CFG should make city beats a pre-game/halftime/post-game thing or tell them to drum in sync with the supporter section chants. But as a standalone it doesn't work.

Maybe it would help if the capos (are there capos?) spent a game or two at the other end of field to hear how the sound travels. I would focus first on making the chants articulate. Then second on making sure everyone knows them so you can build up the volume. And finding a way to deal with city beats.

- The crowd size looked like a Red Bulls crowd but since there are fewer sections along the side of the field, it gives off the illusion of being jam packed. Honestly though I think the crowd thing is played up too much among fan bases. Who cares what the attendance is? Sure everyone would like a rocking stadium but if you asked a random 10 fans if they would rather have a better team or a bigger crowd, all 10 would say better team. Nobody goes to DC United games but I bet their fans don't care what people say about them -- they are far ahead in the east standings.

Overall I had a great time and would definitely go back, pending NYCFC don't play some asshole team like DC/Philly. I'm not interested in becoming an NYCFC fan but for neutrals who are looking for just some live soccer to watch, I thought the whole experience was positive.