Nycfc's Usl Pro Affiliate Will Be Wilmington Hammerheads Fc

Just an FYI there have been strong rumblings that USL is planning to launch a D2 League, as soon as 2016. While this is only a one year deal, this could potentially be extended and go along with the launch of our own d2 club. The theory is that MLS is going to go more along the MLB A-AA-AAA system so we could have multiple teams!
I don't think all this will come to fruition too quickly though.

Reactions: franchise646
Just an FYI there have been strong rumblings that USL is planning to launch a D2 League, as soon as 2016. While this is only a one year deal, this could potentially be extended and go along with the launch of our own d2 club. The theory is that MLS is going to go more along the MLB A-AA-AAA system so we could have multiple teams!

So we would have

NYCFC
NY2
NY3

Is that what you're saying? Why wouldn't they just extend the relationship from MLS to USL to PDL?

I have been saying that for a while. I think that is the system that works best for the U.S.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
I heard a rumor that they want to put their NYRB 2 team in the City? Is that true?

USL Pro releases their home openers. Wilmington (NYFC's affiliate) starts on March 28 against Richmond (DC's affiliate).

Interesting to note, NYRB2 play their home opener on March 28th as well in Harrison NJ. My guess is that is RB Arena. They mentioned they might play at Colombia's stadium in NYC. So far that doesn't look likely to happen.

image-jpg.43532

Reactions: LostAnvil
USL Pro releases their home openers. Wilmington (NYFC's affiliate) starts on March 28 against Richmond (DC's affiliate).

Interesting to note, NYRB2 play their home opener on March 28th as well in Harrison NJ. My guess is that is RB Arena. They mentioned they might play at Colombia's stadium in NYC. So far that doesn't look likely to happen.

image-jpg.43532
Let's revive this thread.

The team wants a NYC2 but realistically is looking at another year of affiliation.

Wilmington and Harrisburg appear to be the top candidates.

Reactions: Kjbert