Ocsc Passes 10,000 Season Tickets Sold

While 10,000 is nothing to scoff at, especially in a market like Orlando, I'm surprised to hear that number is that low. Is there a breakdown of that figure? Is it 10,000 seats/tickets or 10,000 accounts?

Reactions: Gene
I think you will see a lot of visiting fans for NYCFC home matches. New club, Yankee Stadium, destination city. I think the first few years will see a lot vociferous traveling sections. Takes a real ultra to go to Chester to see the Philly Union. New York is a little different.

I think the majority of the teams in the area (general North-East) will come with a lot of vivacious supporters.

Not sure how I find time for this but I check seats sold every day in my section -229
when they announced 10,000 there were 132 seats left.
January 1 (Lampardgate) there were 72 seat left
At the Mix announcement there were 52
Today there are 41 left
The biggest drop was within 2 days of lampard news 12 tickets in 3 days.
I don't only check my section, many others are selling well with about 10 sections with 15 seats left or less

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Of reddit
"According to the 2010 census, there are 1.72 million people within a 20-mile radius of the Citrus Bowl. In theory, that's one 1 out of every 172 people who have OCSC season tickets.

The same radius around Yankee Stadium has nearly 7 times as many people and NYCFC have, what, 5,000 more season ticketholders?

I think Orlando will do fine."

Reactions: Kjbert
Of reddit
"According to the 2010 census, there are 1.72 million people within a 20-mile radius of the Citrus Bowl. In theory, that's one 1 out of every 172 people who have OCSC season tickets.

The same radius around Yankee Stadium has nearly 7 times as many people and NYCFC have, what, 5,000 more season ticketholders?

I think Orlando will do fine."
Yeah, I saw that too, but don't think it's a fair assessment.

Reactions: Kjbert
B7rgnpkIgAARnwA.jpg:large