Official Vent Thread

NYCFC all but out of it
Swansea forgot how to score.
Yankees crashing and burning as they enter the playoffs.
Vikings made 49ers look good Week 1, and made Broncos run attack look good today (70 yards total before 144 just today).

On top of that, I grew up in NYC and ended up a Vikings fan. How did that happen? #FML

NYCFC all but out of it
Vikings made 49ers look good Week 1, and made Broncos run attack look good today (70 yards total before 144 just today).

On top of that, I grew up in NYC and ended up a Vikings fan. How did that happen? #FML
Same boat on all of the above. Where the Vikings are concerned, they are my dad's team so I was kinda born into it.

Despite the draw Swansea played a good game today. Though if not for Kane it would have been a loss.

NYCFC all but out of it

I have no answer for your profound question, but Since this is the vent line . Let me forget being ladylike and vent too. WHAT @#$%& (fill it in as you wish)When I was a Metrostars fan,now AKA Red Bulls, to my greatest sadness and disappointment they would barely make to to the playoffs every season and now o_O why the Red bulls , who is no longer my team won this weekend and are still on the playoffs contention? Look at us how pathetic we are ? NYCFC lost the game against DC in such idiotic, moronic, asinine...(ran out of synonyms )

Maybe you guys are like a different version of the same person at a different place on the time spectrum.
maxresdefault.jpg

That's ... at least slightly odd.
And the Swans did play well. Both Spurs goals were basically perfect free kicks they couldn't do much about except not to have fouled in bad spots.
Yeah. There must be some sort of personality disorder for people who can't help but chose the most soul-crushingly frustrating teams to follow.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Yeah. There must be some sort of personality disorder for people who can't help but chose the most soul-crushingly frustrating teams to follow.
It's why I have never apologized or let anyone knock me for being a Yankee fan. They are the only team that has ever really brought me joy. I watched the Vikings lose 4 Super Bowls before I turned 15, and it's been downhill ever since. To the extent I root for a local NFL team it's the Jets. And even the Yankees didn't have outsized success until my mid-30s. Until then I saw them win as many World Series as the Mets, Twins, Blue Jays, Tigers, Pirates, and a few others. And fewer than the Reds or A's.
Please, please please let NYCFC be different.

For sure. You could generalize that maybe to people who become incredibly emotionally-invested in things that they have zero to little control over.

It's why I have never apologized or let anyone knock me for being a Yankee fan. They are the only team that has ever really brought me joy.

Please, please please let NYCFC be different.

My inner psychic sense is that next year will be better. My common sense tells me that Claudio n Company have learned a lot from all the small and big mistakes . When the project began everyone was nervous and scared that it would tank. NYC had many local soccer teams yet none had the public attraction and financial back-up that NYCFC has brought. Overall it has been a success with attendance and in a baseball stadium nonetheless. Maybe Kreiss may be out, (I dont advocate to fire the DT until the season is over) I was not a Kreiss fan when he was a member of the USMNT, nor now. Personally he strikes me as too cold and remote and that makes him appear cold, aloof and unapproachable with the fans too and this does not help with the positive vibes.

Blame MLS for having MLB thinking that the Yankees will be playing deep into the postseason.

Don't blame MLS for MLB failures. Like we say in my country " MLB estan bien grandecitos para saber en que se metian"
Translation: MLB were old enough to know in what they were getting involved.

MLB is a franchise that has been here in this planet possibly longer than the total of adding your age and my age. Their failures or successes are of their own making. One of their failures was not getting rid of Alex Rodriguez; an admitted liar and the TV cameras caught him ingesting performance enhancement substances (drugs) that are illegal in the sport. Before the TV news revealed those compromising images, A-Rod blustered that he was going to sue everybody including the MLB and the Yankees too.

Many months later, MLB, Yankees and A-Rod made- up and were all kissy-kissy again- I just speculate that is all about money, I don't cry for MLB, A- Rod or Yankee's. If YS consortium took in NYCFC as tenants because even if they don't make play-offs their coffers won't be totally empty.

Don't blame MLS for MLB failures. Like we say in my country " MLB estan bien grandecitos para saber en que se metian"

MLB is a franchise that has been here in this planet possibly longer than the total of adding your age and my age. Their failures or successes are of their own making. One of their failures was not getting rid of Alex Rodriguez; an admitted liar and the TV cameras caught him ingesting performance enhancement substances (drugs) that are illegal in the sport. Before the TV news revealed those compromising images, A-Rod blustered that he was going to sue everybody including the MLB and the Yankees too.

Many months later, MLB, Yankees and A-Rod made- up and were all kissy-kissy again- I just speculate that is all about money, I don't cry for MLB, A- Rod or Yankee's. If YS consortium took in NYCFC as tenants because even if they don't make play-offs their coffers won't be totally empty.

Too long, didn't read. Go Yankees. Go A-Rod.

Too long, didn't read. Go Yankees. Go A-Rod.

i read it, and it has nothing to do with anything on our comments.
maybe im bad at reading but all i got out of it was that a-rod is a cheater who uses steroids, his steroid use didnt help get the yankees into the playoffs....

i was at the yankee game last week vs the red sox... you know, a baseball rivalry for almost 100 years or whatever, and the attendance didnt seem to be "39,000" i've definitely seen more at a normal NYCFC game.