Official Vent Thread

Dear NYCFC,
I did see the thrilling 4-3 win. NYCFC was lucky Chicago didn’t score 5 more times.
Can you pass this question onto Claudio Reyna for me:
WHY DIDN’T POKU PLAY?
Why did POKU get benched last season right when he was scoring a goal a game and the team went on a winning streak because of him?
Right at the crucial time when the team needed to win a few more games to make the playoffs, Poku was benched so 2 "Has Beens" could come in and give the ball away every other time they touched the ball.
AND…….Mr. Pirlo plays 0 defense. NONE!!!!
Pass this onto management and the owners:
I was extremely passionate and exited last season when I purchased season tickets.
I drove all the way from Upstate NY to see David Villa and Josh Sanders play their hearts out every game.
I froze my ass off at the home opener to see Villa score that brilliant goal.
I taped every game on YES.
And I was thrilled, along with every other NYCFC fan, to see the rise and success of POKU.
Remember the chants form the crowd: “PUT IN POKU!!!!
I thought it was Kreis’s fault but now I see the new coach not even put him in for 1 minute. Here we go again!
I believe it goes above the coach and has something to do with Pirlo and Lampard. With all the money spent on them they have to play. With all the hype with the fans and media about these two legends they have to play.
But guess what? Legends need to retire.
Claudio retired.
Payton Manning just retired.
Remember the Ali vs Larry Holmes fight?
What Pirlo and Lampard are doing is what many old legends did back in the NASL days. And that is one of the reasons why the NASL failed!!!!
NYCFC is not the Yankees.
Use your money a little wiser. Winning teams(Seattle) sell more tickets long term. Teams with "Has Beens" for only an inaugural season. The Hype has worn off for me. Anybody else?
Very Sincerely,
The Second Coming of Cruyff
Can't take this shit anymore? Need to scream at the top of your keyboard in all caps? Here's your chance.

Vent about anything and everything here. We all know there's plenty to be pissed about.

Dear NYCFC,
I did see the thrilling 4-3 win. NYCFC was lucky Chicago didn’t score 5 more times.
Can you pass this question onto Claudio Reyna for me:
WHY DIDN’T POKU PLAY?
Why did POKU get benched last season right when he was scoring a goal a game and the team went on a winning streak because of him?
Right at the crucial time when the team needed to win a few more games to make the playoffs, Poku was benched so 2 "Has Beens" could come in and give the ball away every other time they touched the ball.
AND…….Mr. Pirlo plays 0 defense. NONE!!!!
Pass this onto management and the owners:
I was extremely passionate and exited last season when I purchased season tickets.
I drove all the way from Upstate NY to see David Villa and Josh Sanders play their hearts out every game.
I froze my ass off at the home opener to see Villa score that brilliant goal.
I taped every game on YES.
And I was thrilled, along with every other NYCFC fan, to see the rise and success of POKU.
Remember the chants form the crowd: “PUT IN POKU!!!!
I thought it was Kreis’s fault but now I see the new coach not even put him in for 1 minute. Here we go again!
I believe it goes above the coach and has something to do with Pirlo and Lampard. With all the money spent on them they have to play. With all the hype with the fans and media about these two legends they have to play.
But guess what? Legends need to retire.
Claudio retired.
Payton Manning just retired.
Remember the Ali vs Larry Holmes fight?
What Pirlo and Lampard are doing is what many old legends did back in the NASL days. And that is one of the reasons why the NASL failed!!!!
NYCFC is not the Yankees.
Use your money a little wiser. Winning teams(Seattle) sell more tickets long term. Teams with "Has Beens" for only an inaugural season. The Hype has worn off for me. Anybody else?
Very Sincerely,
The Second Coming of Cruyff
Troll much lately?

pirlo doesnt need to defend. thats what mix and mcnamara are for... they run in circles until they get subbed off, pirlo takes the space in the middle and cuts off a passing lane or two... its been the same style since the beginning of time.
poku's defensive work rate is even less than pirlo, because he's younger, more and more physical. imagine having poku lampard and pirlo on at the same time? thats defensive suicide. but offensively, its the opposite.

if you saw the three goals of chicago, none of them were solely to blame on the midfield- especially pirlo.

1) first goal was a ball straight over all 8/10 defenders. (minus mcnamara who missed a tackle and villa up high) a perfect run saw a 2v1 with saunders.
2) brillant went bananas.
3) pk.
pirlo was not the best player, but he makes a difference in our team and will continue to do so.
J Johan Cruyff

Reactions: Schwallacus
Just saw a kid wearing a Red Bulls t-shirt in the library. 25% of the school comes from New Jersey so that makes sense.

Reactions: LostAnvil
Just saw a kid wearing a Red Bulls t-shirt in the library. 25% of the school comes from New Jersey so that makes sense.
Should have
latest

On matters of style and language, MLS sometimes follows international conventions and sometimes follows US preference. For example, MLS has Standings in US standard Win-Lose-Tie format instead of the more common soccer standard Win-Draw-Lose. But MLS abandons the US standard Away Team First convention in favor of the Soccer norm that lists Home Team First.
I'm fine with this hybrid approach as long as it's consistent on any given matter. So what drives me nuts is that while MLS lists a game as Home | Away, certain teams broadcast using the Away | Home format. Pick one and enforce it. Since MLS and most teams use Home | Away, can we make everyone use it please?
image.jpeg image.png

Last edited:
On matters of style and language, MLS sometimes follows international conventions and sometimes follows US preference. For example, MLS has Standings in US standard Win-Lose-Tie format instead of the more common soccer standard Win-Draw-Lose. But MLS abandons the US standard Away Team First convention in favor of the Soccer norm that lists Home Team First.
I'm fine with this hybrid approach as long as it's consistent on any given matter. So what drives me nuts is that while MLS lists a game as Home | Away, certain teams broadcast using the Away | Home format. Pick one and enforce it. Since MLS and most teams use Home | Away, can we make everyone use it please?
View attachment 4609 View attachment 4610
Agreed. Also would be nice if the broadcast scoreboard club colors would match. Many times it does not match especially wearing the away kits.

Agreed. Also would be nice if the broadcast scoreboard club colors would match. Many times it does not match especially wearing the away kits.
I honestly think broadcasters here have never even thought of that as a possibility. They just use the team colors and logos, never having it occur to them that wouldn't always match the actual colors in use.

WHY HASN'T EIRIK JOHANSEN HAD A START YET IN GOAL?!?!?! I MEAN REALLY, WHY IS SAUNDERS JOB SO SAFE?!?!?!
My only guess is that there is a criminal conspiracy involving members of both the Kreis family and Vieira family, and Saunders has enough proof to blackmail them both.

Reactions: Seth