Official Vent Thread

WHY HASN'T EIRIK JOHANSEN HAD A START YET IN GOAL?!?!?! I MEAN REALLY, WHY IS SAUNDERS JOB SO SAFE?!?!?!
That is the million dollar question.

Short of him having a contract clause that he's automatic first team (never ever would happen), I can only guess we're trying to raise his stakes for a trade to a team in dire need of a keeper? There's no way johanson is worse than Saunders and if they're even, logic always says to go with the youth.

So with 1 extra DP, a more expensive squad, no Brovsky or Grabavoy...we manage the exact same points total through the first 6 games as a squad that was entirely brand new last year. Poku is playing less. Lampard is as big a disaster as last year. Still howls of "how is this player still starting?!"

Face it, the #KreisOut/Pro-CFG brigade have a lot of egg on their face thus far. Little has changed the way they were saying it would.

WHY HASN'T EIRIK JOHANSEN HAD A START YET IN GOAL?!?!?! I MEAN REALLY, WHY IS SAUNDERS JOB SO SAFE?!?!?!

The Goalkeeping position is the most important position of the team, it's also the most confident and consistent position you need in a team, I would say it's similar to a Quarterback position in your don't go making changes unless your really sure your committed to the 2nd one

If we decided to go for Erikk over Josh, we need to be 100% committed to Erikk, we can't go around playing one keeper one week and the other a week after, that's the issue with me at the moment, I do see Erikk as the future but not just yet

Reactions: NYCFCP
So with 1 extra DP, a more expensive squad, no Brovsky or Grabavoy...we manage the exact same points total through the first 6 games as a squad that was entirely brand new last year. Poku is playing less. Lampard is as big a disaster as last year. Still howls of "how is this player still starting?!"

Face it, the #KreisOut/Pro-CFG brigade have a lot of egg on their face thus far. Little has changed the way they were saying it would.
Wait what, egg on face??? Please tell me you were a finished product at 6 years of age and had no chance of becoming more refined by age 34?

Now what was the point of your post?

The Goalkeeping position is the most important position of the team, it's also the most confident and consistent position you need in a team, I would say it's similar to a Quarterback position in your don't go making changes unless your really sure your committed to the 2nd one

If we decided to go for Erikk over Josh, we need to be 100% committed to Erikk, we can't go around playing one keeper one week and the other a week after, that's the issue with me at the moment, I do see Erikk as the future but not just yet
he needs to play a couple cup games and have a massive performance so as to handcuff vieira into playing him. If saunders goofs and he is still the starter after johanson shows he played a high level he is going to put Vieira's management decisions under scrutiny. But early cup games will be against lower division teams so maybe vieira has an out saying he's still unproven.

Reactions: Shane1988
Jesus Kreis. I've been to every single home match and you would think that at some point we could have a home field advantage. But neither our style or strategy fits into playing in a smaller field. Yet it always seems that every other team is able to do their homework and out match us at home with no problem. And as for Saunders, what's the worse thing that would happen at this point if he didn't start? Lose 8-0?

It is my nature to care about people. This is an interesting place to be because people generally don't give a shit about me or anyone else.

There is a person that I've known for years through another community I was very active in. We were always friendly but we didn't talk often. When NYCFC came about, I remembered that this person liked soccer and called and invited her to a game. Even though we hadn't spoken in a very long time, I reached out to share something.

That was the last time we spoke... until yesterday.

She sent me a text message. This is the conversation verbatim:

Her: 7-0
Me: Thanks for the reminder.
Her: The Hudson is RED
Me: No. It's not.

It is my nature to care about people. This is an interesting place to be because people generally don't give a shit about me or anyone else.

There is a person that I've known for years through another community I was very active in. We were always friendly but we didn't talk often. When NYCFC came about, I remembered that this person liked soccer and called and invited her to a game. Even though we hadn't spoken in a very long time, I reached out to share something.

That was the last time we spoke... until yesterday.

She sent me a text message. This is the conversation verbatim:

Her: 7-0
Me: Thanks for the reminder.
Her: The Hudson is RED
Me: No. It's not.
At least she knew the difference between the Hudson and the City. There's that.

Reactions: Madz
LOL. True. It really rubbed me the wrong way. We don't talk on a regular basis at all but she went out of her way to throw a cheap shot at me? Just something I would NEVER do, so I just can't understand what would motivate somebody to do that to a "friend."

LOL. True. It really rubbed me the wrong way. We don't talk on a regular basis at all but she went out of her way to throw a cheap shot at me? Just something I would NEVER do, so I just can't understand what would motivate somebody to do that to a "friend."
Yeah. I've found that the only saving grace over the first part of this week is that I don't actually personally know anyone who is a Red Bulls fan!

Whose the fuck head that misquoted villa to Jesse and caused this media outrage for which the media are all now apologizing or taking back comments once they realized it was incorrectly quoted.

I typed dick head and Siri changed it to fuck head. You know me so well Siri.

I find it somewhat odd and a bit amusing that every week more people try to predict the attendance than the game result.

I'm not really venting, and feel free to predict whatever you want without justifying it to me. But we don't have a random-yet-on-topic-thought thread and this doesn't deserve it's own thread either.

They won, so their fans have the right to gloat. If we had won, especially by such a wide margin, we'd be gloating unapologetically.

Part of what makes supporting a team fun is the banter with rival fans. If you have a friend who supports another team, then it is perfectly natural to razz that friend after the teams in question clash. I hope that, by the time we start winning these matches, you will have put aside your disinclination to engage in this banter, and that you will mercilessly mock Red Bull fans about their team's increasing irrelevance.

They won, so their fans have the right to gloat. If we had won, especially by such a wide margin, we'd be gloating unapologetically.

Part of what makes supporting a team fun is the banter with rival fans. If you have a friend who supports another team, then it is perfectly natural to razz that friend after the teams in question clash. I hope that, by the time we start winning these matches, you will have put aside your disinclination to engage in this banter, and that you will mercilessly mock Red Bull fans about their team's increasing irrelevance.

People that don't read. Yeah... I don't like that much either.

This 2 week MLS break is worse for this fan than the off season... At least during the offseason there's news, player movement, and such - but waiting for the Open Cup's Kosmos match is like purgatory.... The Copa doesn't even come close to a good fix, but hopefully the Euros will help bide the time...

Last edited:
More of a confession than venting but, I open the Forums at least a few hundreds times each day at work, and each time for some reason I open up google first and search for the Forums page. I'm not sure why I do that, but I do.

More of a confession than venting but, I open the Forums at least a few hundreds times each day at work, and each time for some reason I open up google first and search for the Forums page. I'm not sure why I do that, but I do.
Doesn't your browser have some for of autofill? I just type "n" then the address appears and I hit return.

Reactions: Paul and CCMore