Philly Postmatch

Especially when you're Ben Sweat, and you can't be bothered to close down a cross.
You've got to give the guy some partial credit for the shifty hips, the cutbacks and some decent crosses. It's all about the offensive-ish stuff. It turns out that he is playing a very poor man's Mata which means he's expected to be a cone on defense. I just assume that he's going to suck defensively and provide some marginal upside going forward. With that in mind I'm not offended by him.

Life just got a lot more serious again.

People should really evaluate what they believe they know.

Reactions: Kjbert
You've got to give the guy some partial credit for the shifty hips, the cutbacks and some decent crosses. It's all about the offensive-ish stuff. It turns out that he is playing a very poor man's Mata which means he's expected to be a cone on defense. I just assume that he's going to suck defensively and provide some marginal upside going forward. With that in mind I'm not offended by him.
The slack Ass effort I saw vs. Atl and the piss poor effort to let Rowe take 3 touches to get in the winner vs. NER makes me not ever okay with him.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
The slack Ass effort I saw vs. Atl and the Lisa poor effort to let Rowe take 3 touches to get in the winner vs. NER makes me not ever okay with him.
My post was a mix of sarcasm and the suggestion that I recalibrated my expectation of his minor role/value.

Do Ucubed and Sweat live in a 3 bedroom apt in Westchester with Revfugee? Honestly that's the only rationale I can come up with for anyone thinking either over performed.
It's totally fair if you quadruple weight any contribution by either.

I cant forgive the moment he screamed at Ring (who was bossing the midfield) for not giving him the pass at his feet or when he finished jogging into the box post goal and followed it up by pointing at and scolding Chanot after the philly goal.

I cant forgive the moment he screamed at Ring (who was bossing the midfield) for not giving him the pass at his feet or when he finished jogging into the box post goal and followed it up by pointing at and scolding Chanot after the philly goal.
Or the moment he got upset with Villa for not passing him the ball for a shot. Um, does he forget his shot "attempt" from Wednesday?

Fully agree that he's a twit.

Last edited:
Reactions: gbservis and Kjbert
The league really should ban him from our stadium (the other won't ever come without his cribling). That wasn't casual banter, but a douchebag seeking out a situation to cause trouble. He was obviously trying to get Vieira suspended with the Cup game up next, and if the league can't figure that out considering their history, then they're at fault too. PV shouldn't have to be subjected to whatever insults they flung, and it had to have been something vile for him to lose his cool.
Ban them...
And if the league fails, make them feel painfully unwelcome.

My post was a mix of sarcasm and the suggestion that I recalibrated my expectation of his minor role/value.
I'd like to think think my post the other day highlighting the guys that are on the Developmental Roster initiated your recalibration.

Reactions: JayH
The slack Ass effort I saw vs. Atl and the piss poor effort to let Rowe take 3 touches to get in the winner vs. NER makes me not ever okay with him.

I am *still* pissed about his "marking" of Rowe. He watched him literally juggle the ball to serve in that cross, yeah maybe he won't get there but at least pressure him, don't sit back like it's a Sunday beer league game of keepie uppies. Especially after the ball was pinging around, and the only way they are trying is crosses in last chance saloon time. Awful. And it cost them two points.

For everyone (including me) who *roasted* PV for his sub of Brilliant on Wednesday, give him some credit for the subs today. Putting Mata in on the wing and Lewis allowed NYCFC to up the tempo, and having Okoli also provided more pressure on the CBs. Villa has been dropping way back lately, having that extra striker helps.

Maybe PV's hand was forced, but still good subs. Can't wait to see more of Lewis - he should be the #1 sub off the bench going forward.

For everyone (including me) who *roasted* PV for his sub of Brilliant on Wednesday, give him some credit for the subs today. Putting Mata in on the wing and Lewis allowed NYCFC to up the tempo, and having Okoli also provided more pressure on the CBs. Villa has been dropping way back lately, having that extra striker helps.

Maybe PV's hand was forced, but still good subs. Can't wait to see more of Lewis - he should be the #1 sub off the bench going forward.
PV reads the Forums.