Potential Free Agent Moves

From watching him for two years when I was in Chicago I can say Oduro has considerable attitude and injury issues. When he doesn't get the ball over the top the first couple of times he runs for it he sulks for the next 5 min and doesn't make runs. When the other team knocks him around a bit and he doesn't get a call he fades out of the game and avoids more contact. He bounces around from team to team in my opinion because of the attitude issues. Not a huge fan of how his cherry pick at the midfield line and then out run people game would work with Villa. He would make a nice outlet target over the top for Prilo though.

Hahahaahaaaa - he sounds like a perfect match for El Capitan.

ETA: Does he run offside all the time, too? If so, I'm definitely sold.

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
To be honest it's a dream come true if we lose most of our free agents. We would gain a ton of cap space and flexibility.

I think we should sign Brad Evans to a slightly above DP deal and buy it down with TAM.

EDIT: Disregard this, it doesn't make sense since his salary will likely be capped below the DP level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
No to Nat Borchers. He will be 35 next season. Would rather some FAs that will give us at least more than one season

Reactions: joe
RSL announced their out of contract players today. I realize this is different from free agents.

Olave, Schuler, Gil and Morales all out of contract.

Would Gil be worth it? Would he take mins away from Poku? Mix? Someone knowledgeable give us some scouting on him.

Would Gil be worth it? Would he take mins away from Poku? Mix? Someone knowledgeable give us some scouting on him.

I hear he is in the USMNT picture so if we didn't have the at least 1 of the old guys, I would say go get him, but we have enough young talent to get by. Blues got to clear out some of the vets.

Reactions: Kjbert and BEC SPK
RSL announced their out of contract players today. I realize this is different from free agents.

Olave, Schuler, Gil and Morales all out of contract.

Just for clarification, Olave and Morales are free agents then. Real Salt Lake retains the rights to Gil and Schuler, so if we wanted to sign them we would have to trade something to RSL.

Morales is a great player, but another old CM, so I'd pass.

Olave would start for us at CB, but he's likely to be asking for his max, which is $345,000. That's pretty steep.

Just for clarification, Olave and Morales are free agents then. Real Salt Lake retains the rights to Gil and Schuler, so if we wanted to sign them we would have to trade something to RSL.

Morales is a great player, but another old CM, so I'd pass.

Olave would start for us at CB, but he's likely to be asking for his max, which is $345,000. That's pretty steep.
I'm betting RSL resigns Morales or he retires. Possibly the same for Olave.

Reactions: Kjbert
These MLS rules are so stupid. Out of contract but they still have the rights. Smh
Only players under 28 or under 8 years of service are still "controlled" by previous clubs. It's not ideal, but this is better than it used to be. There used to be zero free agency. That was really stupid.

These MLS rules are so stupid. Out of contract but they still have the rights. Smh

Damn right it's stupid. And it should be illegal. This is the thing that baseball players spent years fighting until they finally won free agency in arbitration. Unfortunately, the MLS players lost a lawsuit that wound up enshrining this repugnant arrangement.

I, as someone who used to sneer at MLS, now see that it is a very good league. This was the first year that I had a rooting interest in the league's games; and I enjoy the league much more than I ever thought I would. But we fans of MLS teams should never deny the league's continuing flaws, the main one being its ability to rip off its players by undermining their market value.

Reactions: Gavin23