Pre-season Plans Released

Posting the calendar would have helped..........

Florida training camp: 01/24/15 – 02/02/15

City Football Academy, Manchester: 02/06/15 – 02/16/15

Exhibition Match - 02/10/15

Exhibition Match - 02/15/15

Carolina Challenge Cup: 02/19/15 – 03/01/15

Reactions: einwindir
Cool, finally starting to come together, i assume the exhibition matches maybe against a reserve man city team/ nearby league 1/2 team maybe a championship team would be nice.

Reactions: Kjbert
I've already sis I don't like extending Frank Lampard any amount of time because we are setting a bad president. I understand why we would train at CFA. Just prepare for the trolls.

Was hoping they would have some kind of open practice at Yankee stadium at some point in there

hopefully bringing Lamps back to the states on Feb 16

I have a feeling they will keep Lamps with Man City through January so that he can play a farewell match at Chelsea. Then NYCFC arrives a few days later and they link up. Although it sets a bad precedent - he is realistically only missing a week of practice. I mean he is supposed to be a franchise player and we are in here talking about practice?

Aaaand just in case you missed the "practice" reference see minute 0:46 below ;):

At the academy stadium so they should be open to the public.

Certainly hope so as a visit to the US in March isn't looking too likely. Does seem a little unfair on most that the first official exhibition games (EXHIBITIONS NOT FRIENDLIES!) are in England (especially if publicly open) but can't say it isn't good for me and other US based members.

Will try to get it clarified by NYCFC if it hasn't been already. They will probably be against English lower league opposition if recent suggestions prove to be accurate.

Last edited:
I have a feeling they will keep Lamps with Man City through January so that he can play a farewell match at Chelsea. Then NYCFC arrives a few days later and they link up. Although it sets a bad precedent - he is realistically only missing a week of practice. I mean he is supposed to be a franchise player and we are in here talking about practice?

Aaaand just in case you missed the "practice" reference see minute 0:46 below ;):
I mean the African Cup ends Feb 8, and NYCFC gets there Feb 6. So he should be with them THEN at least

Practice?!

I bet NYC plays the new NASL team in Jacksonville during their first week in practice.
I'd imagine so. I believe the Union have already linked up for a big friendly.

Just an FYI for anyone who may not know (since I've seen some people complaining in other places about waiting until late January to start training), the CBA requires a certain amount of time off in between seasons. I believe it is six weeks. Even though we did not play this season, many of our players have been, including a possible LA or NE expansion pick up. So the six weeks starts at MLS Cup.