Queensboro FC

Will Villa suit up for Boro in 2020?

• Yes, and I’ll go to watch him play

• Yes, but I won’t care

• No, and i don’t care now that he left NYCFC

• No, but if he did I’d have to attend

Results are only viewable after voting.
Report that QBFC will join MLS Next Pro in 2024.

They have 2 teams playing in USL leagues so I don't know how that would work, if true. It's certainly a downgrade from their original plans.

i wonder if they still plan on making that stadium on York College.

EDIT: interesting the guy included nycfc in the tweet as a hashtag.

Uh.... we already have a second team, which I assume will be playing at our new stadium come time... This would be interesting. Or does QBFC merge with nycfcII or vice versa? Maybe nycfcII becomes QBFC?

Reactions: adam
i wonder if they still plan on making that stadium on York College.

EDIT: interesting the guy included nycfc in the tweet as a hashtag.
I don’t think they are. The York College stadium was always intended to be a temp stadium for QBFC and the lease included a clause that allowed the lease to be terminated if a permanent option wasn’t identified by earlier in 2022.

I can grab that exact clause and drop it in here a bit later

They want to start lower and play for promotion to USL Championship.

I don’t think they are. The York College stadium was always intended to be a temp stadium for QBFC and the lease included a clause that allowed the lease to be terminated if a permanent option wasn’t identified by earlier in 2022.

I can grab that exact clause and drop it in here a bit later

wow really? that was a very short time frame to find a permanent home. thats like two years since they were announced?

Uh.... we already have a second team, which I assume will be playing at our new stadium come time... This would be interesting. Or does QBFC merge with nycfcII or vice versa? Maybe nycfcII becomes QBFC?

i doubt it? i feel like nycfc wants to keep its brand in mls next pro. apparently MLS does not like reserve teams to have a very different name from parent team.

Report that QBFC will join MLS Next Pro in 2024.

They have 2 teams playing in USL leagues so I don't know how that would work, if true. It's certainly a downgrade from their original plans.
Hmmm. MLS NEXT Pro does already have independent teams (they just announced another one in North Carolina) so it's at least possible. But it sounds like a branding nightmare. I can't imagine the USL going along with them all keeping the Queensboro name.

And then an email from the team:

1909 Club Members,

We hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to confirm with you that we are aware of the Willets Point stadium announcement. We are so excited about the future of soccer in Queens and want to reassure you of the continued role we will have in it.

As you all know, we pride ourselves in being a community club and one that you are ultimately proud to represent and have represent you. The support from all of you has been unwavering and inspiring every step of this journey to bring professional soccer to the world’s borough. We will have updates soon on our professional team.

We remain focused on the Queens community and will continue to provide a platform for the development of top soccer players. We are incredibly grateful for all of you in helping create something we will all enjoy for generations to come and look forward to providing more updates soon.

#ForeverQueens

-Your Friends at Queensboro FC

So I ran into QBFC’s community rep at the USA-ENG match in the AO Queens bar. Went right up to him with my gripe. He said I must really be an early member, because the rep I was trying to contact hasn’t worked there in years. And that they don’t have a phone number or office right now because of covid (Still, really?). He also said he can’t give details about the stadium, but don’t believe the rumors. He gave me his card, bought me a beer, gave me a coozie, and said that they will return my deposit if I want. I’m going to email him today requesting the refund. Wish me luck…

So I ran into QBFC’s community rep at the USA-ENG match in the AO Queens bar. Went right up to him with my gripe. He said I must really be an early member, because the rep I was trying to contact hasn’t worked there in years. And that they don’t have a phone number or office right now because of covid (Still, really?). He also said he can’t give details about the stadium, but don’t believe the rumors. He gave me his card, bought me a beer, gave me a coozie, and said that they will return my deposit if I want. I’m going to email him today requesting the refund. Wish me luck…

rumors about the york stadium? what are the latest rumors?

I said i heard it’s not happening. He said don’t believe everything you hear. But then that includes what he tells me 😜

i still wonder if that 7.5M donation made has anything to do with it. I also dont know if they really will build a 8K stadium for MLS NEXT Pro? Average is like 2-3K at most.

Reactions: adam
How accurate do we think this is? Sounds like a misquote taken as fact.

Reactions: FootyLovin
How accurate do we think this is? Sounds like a misquote taken as fact.

Assume you mean this statement:

“QBFC has been acquired by the New York City Football Club, a larger major league soccer team in Queens,” Bozian said during the September 2022 meeting of the college senate.

Reactions: DeGrozz