Queensboro FC

Will Villa suit up for Boro in 2020?

• Yes, and I’ll go to watch him play

• Yes, but I won’t care

• No, and i don’t care now that he left NYCFC

• No, but if he did I’d have to attend

Results are only viewable after voting.
How accurate do we think this is? Sounds like a misquote taken as fact.

i think its a misquote. Maybe the person assumed QBFC was being absorbed by nycfc because they got a stadium deal.

it also doesnt make sense for nycfc to buy qbfc. They already have their MLS Next Pro team and most likely want to keep the "brand" going with nycfc II.

The most plausible scenario. Moya got a great deal for his borough with David Villa and QBFC when it seemed almost certain NYCFC we're going to the Bronx. After things changed and a better opportunity was on the table with us, QBFC found their project no longer viable. As part of the overall deal, Moya secured some type of agreement for NYCFC to make York whole.
The guy they quoted in the article simplified the situation in his explanation.

Reactions: adam
HRB says NYCFC made a $7.5 million donation to York, so, maybe there's something to this?

I remember seeing the grant right after our stadium announcement, but it was in the news. Nothing from the club. I remember thinking it was kind of weird at the time. So, maybe.

Saw that. It's still a bit mysterious, though. Why make a $7.5 million grant like that and not have a formal announcement of it? At least a blurb on the site.

As usual, we're up to some second-level stuff. :cool:
Out of their goodness of their hearts? Most likely it was something in the deal for willets point to make this donation.

At an extreme case it’s to get dibs in land to try to make a temp stadium or some sort of facility to help out academy or something.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Out of their goodness of their hearts? Most likely it was something in the deal for willets point to make this donation.

At an extreme case it’s to get dibs in land to try to make a temp stadium or some sort of facility to help out academy or something.

I could see them wanting to have a stadium for USOC games and the MLSNP team.

I was thinking along the same lines. Most likely the former, but the latter is a possibility (probably more of a long-term plan than anything immediate).