Questions I Want Answered In Order For Me To Keep My Tickets

I've been vocal with my displeasure thus far on Twitter (see @BXFSC). Personally, I'm not looking for a refund as I didn't buy STs because of Frank Lampard. I purchased to watch the local MLS franchise play in my city. What the clubs handling of the Lampard signing has done for me is to open my eyes to the true nature of the club. Ultimately, we are no different than RBNY, a club in MLS whose primary purpose is to support/advertise something other the club itself. So I'll still go to games but my enthusiasm for the club is now tempered and my belief and support in the transparency of the management team, inclusive of CFG, NYC, MC FOs, is shattered, They are not to be believed. EVER.

Keep in mind, this is not the first fast one pulled on fans by CFG, Tickets were sold to Melbourne City fans on the premise that they'd be seeing David Villa in 10 matches, he played 2...

Reactions: mgarbowski
Hi from the "hated" Manchester.

I have read quite a lot of comments on the Frank Lampard situation and I can understand the anger that you feel. It was always going to be a difficult setup in the early stages

I am not making excuses for anyone. I do come to your forum in peace and want to simply give my view of the situation.

When MCFC signed Lampard it was a direct agreement with the player. There was an agreement with NYCFC for him to start in January 2015 but the original deal was a short term contract and not a loan. I do believe that all parties had every intention of ensuring his progression to the MLS went through as planned.

In my humble opinion, I believe that the UEFA FFP situation bit MCFC deeper than anticipated, Allied to the fact that Yaya is about to depart for Africa Cup of Nations I can see why there was a sudden desire to extend the Lampard deal only this time it would have to be a loan from NYCFC.

I can see a situation where Lampard will indeed end up playing for NYCFC sometime around March/April, perhaps sooner depending on any possible purchases MCFC may be able to make in our January transfer window.

I do not see the MCFC / NYCFC alliance as a parent / child situation but more of a twin. I do believe the two clubs will work well together in the long term.

I hope one day the fans will learn to respect each other more and come to realise the benefits we should all see.

Some of you on here may laugh in my face and deride my views. That is your right of course, this is after all a forum of views.

One day soon I hope to attend a NYCFC match for myself and maybe meet up with some of you in NY.

I have read quite a lot of comments on the Frank Lampard situation and I can understand the anger that you feel. It was always going to be a difficult setup in the early stages

I am not making excuses for anyone. I do come to your forum in peace and want to simply give my view of the situation.

When MCFC signed Lampard it was a direct agreement with the player. There was an agreement with NYCFC for him to start in January 2015 but the original deal was a short term contract and not a loan. I do believe that all parties had every intention of ensuring his progression to the MLS went through as planned.

In my humble opinion, I believe that the UEFA FFP situation bit MCFC deeper than anticipated, Allied to the fact that Yaya is about to depart for Africa Cup of Nations I can see why there was a sudden desire to extend the Lampard deal only this time it would have to be a loan from NYCFC.

I can see a situation where Lampard will indeed end up playing for NYCFC sometime around March/April, perhaps sooner depending on any possible purchases MCFC may be able to make in our January transfer window.

I do not see the MCFC / NYCFC alliance as a parent / child situation but more of a twin. I do believe the two clubs will work well together in the long term.

I hope one day the fans will learn to respect each other more and come to realise the benefits we should all see.

Some of you on here may laugh in my face and deride my views. That is your right of course, this is after all a forum of views.

One day soon I hope to attend a NYCFC match for myself and maybe meet up with some of you in NY.

Jade, your demeanor and approach are greatly appreciated. Your first sentence is the crux of the problem from my perspective, in that we were told he signed with NYCFC and was loaned to MCFC, when in fact, that was never the case. The issue is not THE player. It's all about transparency, none of which existed in relation to the handling and public announcements regarding Lampard's signing.

I am curious. Is the flood of Manchester posters because someone is actively trying to "calm the unwashed Yank masses" or is genuine independent ManCity fans honestly interested in MLS and NYCFC?

.... or is it MrE's multiple personalities? :/

I have seen quite a few negative comments regarding Reyna etc.

Is the lack of clarity teething issues with a new startup?

Our owners have regular forums for fans to air their views, we do not always get listened to but I can assure you that much of what has been done for us mere fans is excellent.

We were told that MCFC would benefit from NYCFC from a commercial sponsorship view point due to the USA being way ahead of the UK in sports sponsorship deals etc.

I'm not convinced Reyna is in charge and he can make his own decisions. So I'm not sure a public forum would do any good, other than venting.

Reactions: Paul and Goodfella
I am curious. Is the flood of Manchester posters because someone is actively trying to "calm the unwashed Yank masses" or is genuine independent ManCity fans honestly interested in MLS and NYCFC?

Join me on facebook if you like?

I am a season ticket holder at MCFC Colin Bell Stand Level 2

I am concerned at the negative press hitting our clubs over the Lampard situation.

Sorry if you see my posts in another light, I have not come for confrontation or sympathy, simply as a fan of both clubs.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Join me on facebook if you like?

I am a season ticket holder at MCFC Colin Bell Stand Level 2

I am concerned at the negative press hitting our clubs over the Lampard situation.

Sorry if you see my posts in another light, I have not come for confrontation or sympathy, simply as a fan of both clubs.

I'm a STH Section 234, Yankee Stadium. Transparency with the fans is the issue. Ferran Soriano told the fans to their faces in Legends Bar that NYCFC was not a branding experiment and that the club would NOT play second fiddle to MCFC. and yet here we are.

Comments on our forum are routinely cross posted to Blue Moon (probably others though I've only personally seen them on BM). Sometimes the crossposts generate positive discussion...however, usually (what I saw) they are used as a point of ridicule. The flood of posters come from a mixture of *wanting to be a part of the discussion *wanting to see how we feel *wanting to troll. The first wave were purely trolls -- we are still identifying those we believe have nefarious intentions and removing them. I would hope you guys take the position I take -- give all the newcomers a chance until they prove us wrong.

I'm not convinced Reyna is in charge and he can make his own decisions. So I'm not sure a public forum would do any good, other than venting.
I'm a STH Section 234, Yankee Stadium. Transparency with the fans is the issue. Ferran Soriano told the fans to their faces in Legends Bar that NYCFC was not a branding experiment and that the club would NOT play second fiddle to MCFC. and yet here we are.

I don't think you are playing second fiddle. I truly believe the end game is for both MCFC and NYCFC to achieve greatness in their respective leagues.

Manchester is a city of football, same as Milan. NY is a world city, everyone has heard of NY.

They are building a brand, a joint brand. Hopefully one that sustains both teams for many many successful years to come.

I am not from BM and have never frequented that board. I am actually from MCFCForum.com and if you bother to have a look at the board I will doubt you will see anything posted from here on there. We have a thread running at the moment on what New York City fans think of the Frank Lampard situation and many of the posts have sympathy for the situation. I am sure the Frank Lampard situation is why you have had an influx of viewers/posters but that doesn't necessarily mean we are all trolls.

I don't think you are playing second fiddle. I truly believe the end game is for both MCFC and NYCFC to achieve greatness in their respective leagues.

Manchester is a city of football, same as Milan. NY is a world city, everyone has heard of NY.

They are building a brand, a joint brand. Hopefully one that sustains both teams for many many successful years to come.

I agree with that assessment long term but CFG has made a poor start in winning the hearts and minds of NYC with the handling of this affair

I am not from BM and have never frequented that board. I am actually from MCFCForum.com and if you bother to have a look at the board I will doubt you will see anything posted from here on there. We have a thread running at the moment on what New York City fans think of the Frank Lampard situation and many of the posts have sympathy for the situation. I am sure the Frank Lampard situation is why you have had an influx of viewers/posters but that doesn't necessarily mean we are all trolls.
We see where the traffic originates from. I wasn't saying YOU in particular. Magnus is an active user here and was inquiring about the influx in general. I wouldn't take it personal at all. My response wasn't saying all new users are from BM....I was just saying that of the NEW users, a majority of trolls are from BM..

I agree with that assessment long term but CFG has made a poor start in winning the hearts and minds of NYC with the handling of this affair

Our owners had the benefit of being able to do research on the MCFC fan base prior to takeover. One major factor in their decision to purchase was the loyalty of MCFC fans. In the third tier of english football we still had crowds in excess of 30k.

Even so, they will never please all of the fans all of the time I am sure. We have seen some of the nest football the world can provide and yet some still like a moan.

NYCFC will come good, the management team will be formed over a few years not overnight. Mistakes will be made but they always seem to end up moving in the right direction.

We learnt that "their" ears are to the ground more than we expect. They hate adverse publicity and I am sure they have "heard" the complaints from NYCFC fans and I know they will not like what they hear. They like a holistic club.......they like peace and everyone to be on the same page.

With NYCFC fans they had nothing to research, it was the birth of something new. They will get it right.

Reactions: Goodfella

Jade, there's a lot of anger on here towards MCFC and the Manchester supporters coming over here to see what's going on. Please know that not all of us are angry towards Manchester. Management has definitely mishandled the situation but not all of us are demanding explanations and threatening to give up our tickets or protest. I don't hold it against anyone who does any of those things but I support our clubs and hope we can find a resolution in this matter soon.

Just to clarify BM means Blue Moon the MC forum I never been to, right? Not what we usually refer to a BM in my world although they seem to be equatable definitions.

I got that but still thought it a good idea to give a bit more of an overview for those who didn't have the benefit of stats. I also have broad shoulders so although I appreciated that apology in the other thread I can fully understand the merits behind the post and would have been surprised if somebody hadn't taken umbridge with it. I thought I got away quite lightly considering I was posting on a New York forum. Yes I may have something to learn but as this is going to be a long partnership I have to start somewhere.

Let's keep this on topic. There is 21 pages of arguments between yanks and Brits in the Lampard extension page.

Reactions: leilanikali420