Should I Pull the Trigger on Season Tickets?... Your Thoughts, Please **Trigger Pulled***

The tickets are cheap. You can get great seats for 2 people under $1,000 for the entire season. In Yankee stadium...
Even if you eat 1/10th of the tickets you still get the perks that come with season tickets and discounts on merch which makes up for it. Go to the game, see if you like it and make a decision.

Reactions: Goodfella
Mind if I ask where your seats are located? Like I said earlier, the ticket rep said they had 211 (category 6) and 229 (category 4) available. Not sure which would be easier to unload.
My tickets are in 237, in the Supporters Section. While I absolutely love it, I personally wouldn't recommend you get season tickets there if you are going with a young daughter as everyone is standing the whole match, some occasional profanity is used, and you may receive the occasional beer shower after a goal is scored.

Reactions: Jock
I have what I consider to better seats in 126 and i am rarely able to get face for them. Where are you selling them? Are the row 1?
I would argue 127b is better. you may be on the 50, but look at all the space between you and the field, what a turn off for a prospective buyer. That was in my head when I bought my tickets; I would have been in that section if not for the space. I am in row 5 of my section. I would look at 126 and say row 1 is as close to the pitch as my sections row 15. Yea im 10 yards further from the other side's goal, but i have a great view of my side's goal and im closer to the pitch. For a 1 off sale I'd pick my seats over row 1 in your section, but I suppose i am bias. I sell them on TM or stubhub like i said. Stubhub is just for getting below face value as TM doesnt/didnt allow for that ( they are changing it)

Jon Jon, I think you got enough replies to make your decision, so I fully expect to see the Seasoned Supporter badge on your profile. :thumbsup: The only thing I will add is you might want to consider where in the section you want to sit. Having had season tickets for the Yanks, you know how hot it gets in summer, so keep that in mind if you want to avoid that furious burn.

Jon Jon, I think you got enough replies to make your decision, so I fully expect to see the Seasoned Supporter badge on your profile. :thumbsup: The only thing I will add is you might want to consider where in the section you want to sit. Having had season tickets for the Yanks, you know how hot it gets in summer, so keep that in mind if you want to avoid that furious burn.

Thanks for all the responses. All of you have been more than helpful. It's great to read each response because I can hear your passion for the club. I hope to meet you all next season.

Jon, a couple of more things.

First, the sections that are available are about to change. At some point in the next few weeks, the club will do seat upgrade for renewing season ticket holders. That's going to scramble the egg a bit. My guess is that they are only offering unattractive seating choices right now because the good stuff is being held back until after the renewing season ticket holders decide whether to move. Point is that you might get better options once that process is done (although they might also let you change seats at that time as well). In short, I would ask about this and whether you can change once that process is done.

Second, I should have added that season ticket holders can buy additional seats at a small discount to face value. I've used this when bringing grandparents and even on my son's birthday, when he brought 3 extra friends for a birthday party at the stadium.

Jon, a couple of more things.

First, the sections that are available are about to change. At some point in the next few weeks, the club will do seat upgrade for renewing season ticket holders. That's going to scramble the egg a bit. My guess is that they are only offering unattractive seating choices right now because the good stuff is being held back until after the renewing season ticket holders decide whether to move. Point is that you might get better options once that process is done (although they might also let you change seats at that time as well). In short, I would ask about this and whether you can change once that process is done.

Second, I should have added that season ticket holders can buy additional seats at a small discount to face value. I've used this when bringing grandparents and even on my son's birthday, when he brought 3 extra friends for a birthday party at the stadium.

That's good to know. The rep told me that you can also exchange up to 4 games for extra tickets to future games. I figured I'd trade in any non-summer weekday games. He also told me that you can cancel at any time which is nice to know.

After all the talk, assuming Sunday is a success (with my daughter) I'll be purchasing a plan.

Not to complicate things but I just read that they offered a 9 game plan for this past season. Any additional benefits to the full 17-games vs. 9 other than the additional games?

Not to complicate things but I just read that they offered a 9 game plan for this past season. Any additional benefits to the full 17-games vs. 9 other than the additional games?
Full season is cheaper per game. Website on the 9 game plan doesn't mention a scarf or any of the other STH perks. (http://www.nycfc.com/tickets/9-match-plan)

took my wife and daughter. They loved it and my wife told me I should get two tickets for the season and rotate the kids/her/friends. No-brainer at that point.
And here's the real risk Jon Jon. It's not that you'll be saddled with tickets you can't sell. It's that you'll end up with more people in your life wanting tickets.

I started from the beginning - I and 3 of my friends bought 4 tickets. Then my wife went to a game and she wanted a ticket. Next my older daughter. Then my younger daughter. By the end of season 1 I had upped my personal tickets from 1 to 4.

I would argue 127b is better. you may be on the 50, but look at all the space between you and the field, what a turn off for a prospective buyer. That was in my head when I bought my tickets; I would have been in that section if not for the space. I am in row 5 of my section. I would look at 126 and say row 1 is as close to the pitch as my sections row 15. Yea im 10 yards further from the other side's goal, but i have a great view of my side's goal and im closer to the pitch. For a 1 off sale I'd pick my seats over row 1 in your section, but I suppose i am bias. I sell them on TM or stubhub like i said. Stubhub is just for getting below face value as TM doesnt/didnt allow for that ( they are changing it)

That's what I thought too when I first bought tickets last year -- I was in 127b and moved over. I guess that's what it looks like in the diagram, but it's not what it's like in real life. I'm downgrading for next year. I've sat in a number of much cheaper sections that are just fine for a little more than half the price.

We have a thread longer than the Bible debating where the stadium will be, anyone's guess at this point, though I find Columbia highly unlikely. I wouldn't mind as I live across the street. But a new stadium is 3-5 years away minimum. Enjoy them at Yankee Stadium for the time being.

There's a Fan Fest in fron t of the stadium before the game that the kids will probably enjoy. I'll be enjoying a Beer Fest at the Yankee Tavern myself.
That thread is our bible.

Just a few hours until game time! Bought my daughter and myself shirts. Hoping today will be the start of something good. Thanks again to everyone who replied!

I'd say you picked the perfect game to start on. Looking forward to hearing you took the leap already. If (when) you buy those tickets, as Vallos Vallos already mentioned, you can ping myself or NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan a private message or some such and we'll give you a ribbon next to your name to show you off as a season ticket holder, for the added forum street cred.

NYCFC#2.jpg
I'd say you picked the perfect game to start on. Looking forward to hearing you took the leap already. If (when) you buy those tickets, as Vallos Vallos already mentioned, you can ping myself or NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan a private message or some such and we'll give you a ribbon next to your name to show you off as a season ticket holder, for the added forum street cred.

We had a great time yesterday! What a win. A little about my experience as a newbie. We got there just before game time and got to our seats pretty quickly. We sat in section 214B. I thought the view behind the goal was great and it felt like we were right on top of the field. Great view from the 200 level. Supporters section was so loud and the kids loved hearing all the songs. I walked around at halftime to see the view from the sections the sales rep said were available. I actually liked the view from section 211 equal or better than from 229. For $10 more a game I'm not so sure 229 is worth it. The energy from the crowd was great. Most importantly, I asked my daughter on a scale of 1-10 what she thought of it. She told me it was a "100." That was enough for me. I'll be reaching out to buy tickets today.

My only negative about the experience was the lines for concessions. I don't think they have enough open. I probably made the mistake of going at halftime but I wasn't going to buy dinner at 3:45 before the game started. I ended up waiting over 25 minutes for a hot dog and missed the first 18 minutes of the second half.

Attachments

• NYCFC#3.jpg
    NYCFC#3.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
We had a great time yesterday! What a win. A little about my experience as a newbie. We got there just before game time and got to our seats pretty quickly. We sat in section 214B. I thought the view behind the goal was great and it felt like we were right on top of the field. Great view from the 200 level. Supporters section was so loud and the kids loved hearing all the songs. I walked around at halftime to see the view from the sections the sales rep said were available. I actually liked the view from section 211 equal or better than from 229. For $10 more a game I'm not so sure 229 is worth it. The energy from the crowd was great. Most importantly, I asked my daughter on a scale of 1-10 what she thought of it. She told me it was a "100." That was enough for me. I'll be reaching out to buy tickets today.

My only negative about the experience was the lines for concessions. I don't think they have enough open. I probably made the mistake of going at halftime but I wasn't going to buy dinner at 3:45 before the game started. I ended up waiting over 25 minutes for a hot dog and missed the first 18 minutes of the second half.
Glad you had a good time. You didn't miss much with the 18 minutes but it is a bit much. You can leave a few minutes before half time to save a bit, otherwise half if not more than half the stadium will be at concessions. Don't recall it taking so long in the past. Are there a lot of stands not open in that section?

Reactions: Ulrich
View attachment 6038

Echoing what NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan said, head to concessions the last 3-5 min of the half and you'll beat most of the line. I've similarly been stuck for 25min and missed the start of the 2nd half. The alternative is to go to a Cart for food rather than the main concessions areas. Different fare to choose from but faster lines.

Echoing what NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan said, head to concessions the last 3-5 min of the half and you'll beat most of the line. I've similarly been stuck for 25min and missed the start of the 2nd half. The alternative is to go to a Cart for food rather than the main concessions areas. Different fare to choose from but faster lines.

True. I guess I'm just used to baseball when people have 17 or 18 opportunities to get up between innings.

Reactions: Ulrich