Realistic Expectations

Want trophies of course. But that isn't the expectation right away. I expect to see a clear plan by Kreis and think 2 or 3 years we can be a force in the MLS. Regardless, very exciting times ahead for our team.

One day when NYCFC wins the MLS Cup, I will seek out and order a replica championship ring and wear it with pride as a fan!

Before signing players, I would have been happy with a competitive Year 1 with promise but no playoffs. Now that 6 Eastern teams out of 10 will make the playoffs and the type of players we have assembled, we have to make the playoffs. On paper, I think we can at least compete with Toronto, Montreal, Philly, Orlando, Chicago and NYRB. DC, Crew and Revs look to be the clear cream of the crop.

I am interested to see how NYCFC does in the US Open Cup... I want trophies!

be careful labeling any eastern team a powerhouse. DC got several exposed by rbny. The crew are a decent team that will improve. Honestly I'm expecting a much better season from Toronto. I think new England will be a force with a full season with Jermaine jones. To me the 6 playoff teams in the east are the following as we stand today. Again with injuries anything can happen.

1- NE
2- TORONTO
3 - NYCFC
4- DC
5 - Crew
6 - Orlando City

And yes I have two expansion teams making the playoffs. Both Orlando and nycfc have more than enough talent to make the playoffs.

And the rest don't matter

Last edited:
"Realistic Expectations"

You must not be from New York.
born and raised
i dont think Toronto is gonna have a better season than NYC. I'd like to see a good NY and NE fight for the top once again. Definitely good for the sport with the history in Yankee stadium

Well with Jozy and other rumored signings, you are probably right. But TO is a poster child for dysfunction, so we'll have to see.
You are right about that but I watched alot of Toronto last year and believe they were close. Plus a lot of the disfunction had to do with Ryan Nielsen. I think k with Bradley second year in mls, Jozy up top, don't forget a new coaching staff that includes a well respected Robin f razor as assistant. Losing done Henry was a blow to west ham but also Gilberto started to come around last year. I don't k kw, I think they will be good. They have to be considering what Tim L. And his team have done.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
born and raised
i dont think Toronto is gonna have a better season than NYC. I'd like to see a good NY and NE fight for the top once again. Definitely good for the sport with the history in Yankee stadium
I hope ur right. What people need to understand about mls growth is this. For mls to reach that next level where it can attract top young talent to come over here in their mid to late 20s, mls needs to have big market good to great teams that generate tv ratings. That is why nycfc is key to the success of mls. That is why Toronto fc is key to the success of mls and sounders, and galaxy, and soon to be the southeast market with stlanta, orlando city, and hopefully miami. I don't understand the desire that nycfc haters in seeing the demise of nycfc. Do they not understand that redbull have done a bad job to say the least in generating and cultivating the nyc soccer fan into a partial or full time mls fan. That's why nycfc is very important, once these big market start to put an attractive product on the field with good players and start to win, the fans will show up and interest will increase. This can't happen overnight but it will eventually.

A big part in this, don't underestimate the importance of having ESPN and Fox fully support mls not just us men National team. By showing highlight packages regularly on sports center and fox sports live, but dedicated a few minutes to talk to twellman and lalas about mls a couple of nights a week, etc....it will get there but it will take a little bit more time.

Give RB a pasting home and away and you'll be doing well... make the playoffs, even better... after that who knows? From what I have read on here it sounds like the squad is certainly getting there.