Running Streaming Movies/TV Thread

Also try Ted Lasso of course.
Don't try Invasion. Unwatchable.
Yeah Lasso is next for us.

Thanks for the tip on Invasion. Haven't really heard much recommendations (good or bad) on anything else on Apple TV, but I do feel like I am now sucked into keeping it at least for season 2 of Severance whenever that comes out.

So my wife and I recently got new iPhones, and that came along with a free 3 month trial for Apple TV+. We took a friend's recommendation in checking out "Severance" on Apple TV and it was very very damn good.

Highly suggest.
Really enjoying For All Mankind. The show would benefit from the writing being one notch better but the story’s been good. Interesting alt-history/SF, three seasons so far.

if you want something shorter perhaps The Shining Girls. Slightly creepy, slightly eerie, definitely <not> your average lighthearted entertainment. Nope. Great book, too.

Yeah Lasso is next for us.

Thanks for the tip on Invasion. Haven't really heard much recommendations (good or bad) on anything else on Apple TV, but I do feel like I am now sucked into keeping it at least for season 2 of Severance whenever that comes out.
I read that Severance didn't get renewed until it aired, and because of the uncertainty some of the actors committed to other stuff so it could be a little longer than usual between seasons.
I gave Invasion just more than 2 episodes. The Invasion subreddit is not too busy, and about 70% hate-watch posts. It's one of those things that should be good and you can tell talented people worked on it, but it's not good.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
If you are a Gary Oldman fan, I think "Slow Horses" , is a good show. Not sure if Season 2 will be aired before your 3 month trial is over. Season 2 is supposed to be aired in 2022 though.

Mythic Quest. Light. Funny. Takes a few episodes to find its groove. But really enjoyable. Search back in this forum and you'll find discussion about it.

And another nod to For All Mankind. Agree with Seth Seth that it could be just a little better, but it's an entertaining show that I'll keep watching.

Anyone watching Welcome to Wrexam? Ryan Reynolds and Ron McElhenney playing real life version of football manager and documenting the whole thing.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Anyone watching Welcome to Wrexam? Ryan Reynolds and Ron McElhenney playing real life version of football manager and documenting the whole thing.
I heard it's great so far, so I do indeed plan on watching it! Hoping for some good stuff

i'm watching. it's pretty interesting and somehow entertaining. i've enjoyed the first two episodes.

I've been excited for this for months (years? can't remember when they first announced this) but didn't realize they had started releasing episodes. Thanks for letting me (us) know!!

Reactions: adam
Just caught up with the final episode of Ozark.

I figured the obvious ending would be for Marty and especially Wendy Byrde to get their comeuppance, whether death, prison, or some other ruin in combination, while Ruth came out on top. I really hoped they would not go that way and that Ruth would not come out unscathed and without cost.
I mean, I love her character, but she's far from flawless or clean, even with her late season upswing in various ways. But I never expected the show to both kill Ruth and have the Byrdes come out complete winners, especially with a literally last second murder (yes, Jonah shot Sattem). Bold, and it worked. By no means what anyone deserved.
But a fitting ending.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayH and SoupInNYC
Just caught up with the final episode of Ozark.

I figured the obvious ending would be for Marty and especially Wendy Byrde to get their comeuppance, whether death, prison, or some other ruin in combination, while Ruth came out on top. I really hoped they would not go that way and that Ruth would not come out unscathed and without cost.
I mean, I love her character, but she's far from flawless or clean, even with her late season upswing in various ways. But I never expected the show to both kill Ruth and have the Byrdes come out complete winners, especially with a literally last second murder (yes, Jonah shot Sattem). Bold, and it worked. By no means what anyone deserved.
But a fitting ending.
that's nihilism for ya, but I agree, it worked - other notable moments from the last season: Ruth raging after Wyatt's death was partly why she just won an Emmy (even though Rhea Seehorn probably should have won as well) - also, I liked how they all survived the car crash then you remember Marty saying in season 1 that it had the highest safety rating in it's class

Reactions: mgarbowski
that's nihilism for ya, but I agree, it worked - other notable moments from the last season: Ruth raging after Wyatt's death was partly why she just won an Emmy (even though Rhea Seehorn probably should have won as well) - also, I liked how they all survived the car crash then you remember Marty saying in season 1 that it had the highest safety rating in it's class
The car crash was weird. In retrospect I think it was foreshadowing of the ending in that it showed that the Byrdes always come out unscathed. But they way it was previewed in the season opener, and then turned out to be a big non-event was just odd in the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: LostAnvil
Worked my way though Cobra Kai season 5 rather quickly. Amazed that they've got 5 solid entertaining seasons out of the concept .

New Star Wars series on Amazon called Andor. Loved it. Three episodes out so far, with the next one coming on Wednesday, IMDB claims 12 this season and 12 the next.

It's sort of a prequel to Rogue One, so far telling the story of one of the Rogue One characters. First episode on its own was good, but if you sort of count the first three as one long intro it really got into gear. I've always felt Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie, and this has some of the same folks in charge. Really looking forward to more episodes.

I liked The Mandalorian, and also Obi-Wan, but while those were good and entertaining they're not near the level of storytelling that Andor has so far. Only three episodes, so we'll see, but looks good so far.

New Star Wars series on Amazon called Andor. Loved it. Three episodes out so far, with the next one coming on Wednesday, IMDB claims 12 this season and 12 the next.

It's sort of a prequel to Rogue One, so far telling the story of one of the Rogue One characters. First episode on its own was good, but if you sort of count the first three as one long intro it really got into gear. I've always felt Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie, and this has some of the same folks in charge. Really looking forward to more episodes.

I liked The Mandalorian, and also Obi-Wan, but while those were good and entertaining they're not near the level of storytelling that Andor has so far. Only three episodes, so we'll see, but looks good so far.
I always thought I was the only one who thought rogue one was the best Star Wars movie. Glad I’m not the only one! It helps that I like Felicity Jones and Diego Luna a lot lol