Ryan Meara To Nycfc!

Lol that was fast. I just posted this over in the draft section. I'm excited for this. Today was a good day.

does ANYONE have any clue how this will work? It's essentially trading one player for loan rights? If I am reading it right?

Another thought - did anyone realize how many local guys we acquired today?

"In exchange, New York City are sending midfielder Sal Zizzo, whom they just acquired in the expansion draft from Sporting Kansas City, to the Red Bulls on loan. Both loans are season-long, and they include the standard non-compete clauses. That means that neither player can compete against their parent club; so when New York City and New York play each other, both Meara and Zizzo will not be eligible to play."

http://www.hudsonriverblue.com/2014...ity-land-gk-ryan-meara-on-loan-from-red-bulls

Possibly wishful thinking, but maybe we have an option to buy at a higher price than we were willing to pay for him. If our offer maxed out at $300k, and they wanted $450k, maybe we have the option at the higher amount but get a year to kick the tires on him and try him out?

Though I guess that would be reported by now.

Well a mutual year-long loan is more acceptable then just send Zizzo there so NYC could loan Meara. Too bad, I wish NYCFC could have kept Zizzo.

But Meara will be a great player and he and Saunders will duke it out for number one.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
but lemme just ask this...what if we play RBNY in the playoffs or something. I know they have a non compete....would Meara not be able to play each leg of that playoff?

Reactions: Gene
and does anyone know if its a double loan...Like we loan Zizzo in return for a loan of Meara? or nah

A season long loan deal answers the question I raised last night concerning Meara getting recalled an an inopportune for NYCFC. However, DiRoma brings up a great question. What happens if the teams meet in the playoffs? Does Meara still have to be planted on the bench?

Reactions: doctorhoosier
I don't love getting a starting keeper that can't play against a team we could see three or four times. Meara may be good, but that's a real concern.

"In exchange, New York City are sending midfielder Sal Zizzo, whom they just acquired in the expansion draft from Sporting Kansas City, to the Red Bulls on loan. Both loans are season-long, and they include the standard non-compete clauses. That means that neither player can compete against their parent club; so when New York City and New York play each other, both Meara and Zizzo will not be eligible to play."

http://www.hudsonriverblue.com/2014...ity-land-gk-ryan-meara-on-loan-from-red-bulls
what?! that is silly