SAN ANTONIO FC and NEW YORK CITY FC announce partnership.

They pretty much have a dream stadium for a lower division team. Probably the best in the country.

5351e5728d28c3f56caeed9c4ea0170c.jpg

This affiliation is going to trigger some NASL fans.

Which clubs?
Not all USL clubs are on equal footing budget wise. Some simply put a team on the field at a bare bones budget, while others such as San Antonio have a more in depth organization better suited to develop young players. Location really does not matter a whole ton unless we plan on shifting players back and forth constantly, which we haven't been doing. If they want just want to send a couple guys down for the season, or most of the season, a flight is not a big difference from bus ride.

In terms of hours probably not, but I venture to guess plane rides are much more costly.

But then again not like CFG is lacking it I suppose.

They pretty much have a dream stadium for a lower division team. Probably the best in the country.

5351e5728d28c3f56caeed9c4ea0170c.jpg

This affiliation is going to trigger some NASL fans.

I can see how they would expand it for MLS.

Now if they get chosen for MLS Expansion they will cut ties after this season?

And with the name Toyota Field it will be interesting when they play Chicago lol.

Reactions: Kjbert
In terms of hours probably not, but I venture to guess plane rides are much more costly.

But then again not like CFG is lacking it I suppose.

I can see how they would expand it for MLS.

Now if they get chosen for MLS Expansion they will cut ties after this season?

And with the name Toyota Field it will be interesting when they play Chicago lol.
Toyota Field in San Antonio
Toyota Stadium in Dallas
Toyota Park in Chicago haha

It's funny how in the masterhead of NYCFC.com, Wilmington Hammerheads are still the USL club listed under the "Club" section.

Excited to be associated with NYCFC
---SAFC fan

I've rooted for The Boys in Blue for a couple of years now anyway.

what is your opinion on Josh Saunders? or was that before your time following your team.

welcome either way :D:D

"In a handshake deal, NYCFC also sends over Mix Diskerud for his entire salary"..................would be the next thing i want to hear with this whole mix situation, cause at this point its looking like we're gonna cut him outright.

EDIT: I realized just after posting this that im the ass that had to tie Mix into this thread........#mixineverythread

Josh played for the now defunct NASL side Scorpions. I never got to see him play but I understand he did a good job. Here's a pic of SAFC goalkeeper now Matt Cardone, who led the league in penalty saves (4). #fearthebeard :)
SAFC_MattMacone2-1170x853.jpg
Looks like a better keeper than Josh.

Of course, you could have put up a picture of Ronald McDonald and I'd say the same. But for real, have you seen that guys feet?

Josh played for the now defunct NASL side Scorpions. I never got to see him play but I understand he did a good job. Here's a pic of SAFC goalkeeper now Matt Cardone, who led the league in penalty saves (4). #fearthebeard :)
SAFC_MattMacone2-1170x853.jpg

One time, he dove to his right to stop a shot, and the ball went into his beard. They never found it.

True story.