Souvenir First Game Tickets: Good News, Bad News

FredMertz

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 2, 2014
Received my tickets today. Good news: this was a nice thing for the team to do, even though it did cost me points.

Bad news: If you're the type of person who wants souvenir reprints of your first game tickets, you're probably also the type of person that would not be happy that they were aggressively held together with a paper clip that left a paper clip-shaped mark/crease on each and every one of the tickets!

Reactions: einwindir
That's just thoughtless on their part,.I received mine back in april, nicely mailed, no points needed. I would say the difference is the ticket reps doing it vs. whoever handles point redemption. I'm still waiting for two star war t shirts i used points for, was hoping to have them in time for xmas, but that didn't happened.

Reactions: BxLio91
Received my tickets today. Good news: this was a nice thing for the team to do, even though it did cost me points.

Bad news: If you're the type of person who wants souvenir reprints of your first game tickets, you're probably also the type of person that would not be happy that they were aggressively held together with a paper clip that left a paper clip-shaped mark/crease on each and every one of the tickets!
YES! first thing I said to myself when i got the letter was 'what is this? they just sent it like this through the mail. what if it got bent'' Then when I opened it I said 'oh that's nice a paperclip imprint and scratches throughout'.

Honestly what is the point of sending a damaged reward. yeah its slight, but I think this falls under unwarranted damage. I mean its not like I'm complaining about askew typeface. that's acceptable, but paperclip damage is not a part of the manufacturing process.

YES! first thing I said to myself when i got the letter was 'what is this? they just sent it like this through the mail. what if it got bent'' Then when I opened it I said 'oh that's nice a paperclip imprint and scratches throughout'.

Honestly what is the point of sending a damaged reward. yeah its slight, but I think this falls under unwarranted damage. I mean its not like I'm complaining about askew typeface. that's acceptable, but paperclip damage is not a part of the manufacturing process.
Scene: Summer 2065, outside Yankee Stadium (the Yankees now play in their new indoor stadium in Yonkers, built in 2043)
Shady guy: Pssst. Hey buddy, I've got genuine souvenir first season tickets here.
Dude: Don't try and sell me these fake things. Everybody knows the real souvenir tickets have paper clip marks.
Robocop on hoverboard, to Shady guy: You're under arrest.

Scene ends

Scene: Summer 2065, outside Yankee Stadium (the Yankees now play in their new indoor stadium in Yonkers, built in 2043)
Shady guy: Pssst. Hey buddy, I've got genuine souvenir first season tickets here.
Dude: Don't try and sell me these fake things. Everybody knows the real souvenir tickets have paper clip marks.
Robocop on hoverboard, to Shady guy: You're under arrest.

Scene ends

Inaugural Historic Paper Clips

I used points on it. Initially, I just didn't care enough. I knew I could request it but it wasn't that serious. It's still not but I just wanted to use points on something. lol

Got this email today. I wonder how many complaints were enough?

"We have received some feedback that the New York City FC Commemorative Ticket you redeemed through Cityzens was damaged during the delivery process. To ensure all of our Cityzens are happy with the reward and it is something you can keep and cherish forever, we are going to resend the tickets this week, without the paper clip. We apologize for any inconvenience and please let me know if you have any questions."

the thing that bothers me about this, is if you asked for it in the beginning they were just sending these out for free. Why do you need to pay with points for it now?

I used points for my Star Wars t-shirt but they had me pick it up at the office. I was thinking they were going to give me a tour, but instead it was just a rep in the lobby. Still a great shirt.

They gave me three choices for getting the star wars shirts, pick it up, regular mail without any recourse if not delivered, and fedex for 10$. I choose the fed ex, received the shirts which are very nice, and I'll wait and see how they go about charging me for the $10.

Been MIA a while. Off-season hibernation. Thanks for pointing out the tickets. Ordered my pair. Not sure about the tshirts. Love Star Wars, but they're nothing special. Also, they should have been given out on Star Wars night. Still bitter about that debocle.

Also, can't get hung up on some of these rewards being free at certain points. They're still basically free considering we get these points for going to a game or watching on tv. But if you smooth talk a rep, you can score some of these things without points. And if it's 100 points to not deal with a human and get what I want, that's a win for me.

Reactions: Goodfella
so after all this complaining about a paper clip impression on the original tickets, I finally got my reprints. Unfortunately they got shipped to my bother's house ( my old address) and he left them in his mailbox during a storm. needless to say they are in worse condition then the paperclipped tickets. I give up.

Reactions: mgarbowski