• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
With two huge propellers to elevate itself when the next hurricane comes though
Lol that's funny. They can probably construct something to stop the water from reaching too far in on the island. But two or three wind turbines to produce power for some of the stadium would be cool.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
It would probably cost more than the expected $400 million for a stadium, but if CFG would put in the full investment for everything: NYCFC Island or as it would be called Etihad Island with Etihad Ferries taking people to the games.

http://imgur.com/gallery/J7sv8

Where would the ferry pick up passengers, Riker's?

Sorry to be bearer of bad news.

http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2015/24/soccer_2015_06_12_q.html

In an interview with Community News Group editors, Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz said that the New York City Football Club home in the Bronx was not viable for the borough and the soccer team will continue their search for an new stadium home. That search will include looking at a Queens site as an option again.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news.

http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2015/24/soccer_2015_06_12_q.html

In an interview with Community News Group editors, Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz said that the New York City Football Club home in the Bronx was not viable for the borough and the soccer team will continue their search for an new stadium home. That search will include looking at a Queens site as an option again.
Run through google translate:
They didn't give me enough of that guap!

The Bronx site issues still don't add up. No single reason floated (and the reason is NOT because the GAL guy didn't want to sell anymore) seems like a good enough reason to completely abandon the site.

Anyway, I don't think that article is really news. Queens officials trying to pump news of NYCFC wanting to build, while at the same time saying "not in my backyard." Sounds like they are trying to lure the project and jack up the political price at the same time. But unless it's team officials making statements, the motives for the statements could be all kinds of things.

They need to find a place and just get it done honestly. This whole stadium fiasco is getting old.

Reactions: Kjbert
once a location is agreed to and contracts are signed, how long would a stadium (the size NYCFC wants to build or required by MLS) take to build before you can start playing games?

Years? or months?

It would likely take about three years. If they announced a stadium site and rendering tomorrow, I'd expect them to start playing there in 2018. I think that's a fantasy at this point though. Hopefully by 2019-2020.

Reactions: Kjbert
I mentioned this on Reddit but figured I'd throw it in here. It's HIGHLY unlikely because NIMBY. But there are three blocks of undeveloped land in Manhattan. No buildings, nothing. Just grass and a hole.

1st avenue between 41st and 38th street. The land is currently owned by ConEd and not being used for anything.

I mentioned this on Reddit but figured I'd throw it in here. It's HIGHLY unlikely because NIMBY. But there are three blocks of undeveloped land in Manhattan. No buildings, nothing. Just grass and a hole.

1st avenue between 41st and 38th street. The land is currently owned by ConEd and not being used for anything.
As much as I would absolutely love that I don't think it'd work with spacing and security concerns. I'll see if I can get any info on it, though. Do the dimensions work?

1. City politicians are going to get off their high horses and let a stadium be built. There is no reason why the Bronx plan wouldn't work for everyone involved. Imagine if the borough president said the first Yankee stadium shouldn't have been built. That guy would have been a complete moron in the annals of history.

2. While that location in Manhattan is prime real estate, I don't think a stadium would be built there.
The Pros:
- A soccer stadium in Manhattan
- It's right next to the UN. The world's game next to the world's governing body. Think of the synergy.

The Cons
- No parking (though Barclays has proved people will take the train to the game, however we have fan bases in NJ, CT, etc.)
- It's right next to the UN, which means highest level of security always.
- The stadium would cost at least 2-3x of any other borough in New York. That land alone is probably worth $500 M.
- Right next to the highway which may be a noise problem for the stadium.
- The Midtown tunnel is underneath which may affect the underground level of the stadium and possibly the drainage system of a grass field (though this is the least of the problems).